Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • JimConlin
    • Oct 2000

Re: saying goodbye

I've imagined hollering at some guy standing on the ledge "Jump, already!". I'm having the same feeling now.

Comment

• Durnik
      Out 'n About
      • Feb 2011

I hope you stay, Bernadette.. If you leave, you will surely be missed. It doesn't get much 'realer' then this.

Thanks

enjoy
      bobby

Comment

• JoshuaIII
        Have you seen something?
        • Apr 2011

Well well well just found this thread...

I respect your build Bernadette, and I love seeing your work... But your attitude...boy you do have to put a lot of water in your wine. You always been on your high horse as soon a member was saying something about you, I can understand a women need to be strong on this 99% filled with boy thing... But seriously... threathening because of a thread that you can easily avoid, easily put on the ignore list, that is free for everyone and free of speach...
        http://www.peacefuljourney.ca/
        BEWARE: I am a native french speaker

Comment

• Bernadette
          words beside picture
          • May 1999

it seems the foul storm has passed. well im hoping my eyes arent deceiving me.

can someone else please check and tell me it is so?!

ive had a look for the nasty thread but i cant locate it, so i assume it has been sunk. finally.

i might just say what absolute rubbish it was and the person responsible equally obnoxious. a complete rogue.

anyhow time to move on...

but first i have something very important i wish to say.

i would like to say that i have been quite suprised by the number of people who have replied here. i am also very humbled by the lovely messages you have all sent as well. i did not intend for anyone to reply, so when you did, it made me both happy and sad. sad because the messages were sincere and i felt like i was letting down a number of friends. and they also made me feel happy too because a fair number of members who have not posted many times before, came out of the woodwork (no pun intended!), to convey empathy or to provide encouragement to me. the fact that these particular people came from out of nowhere, was not lost on me.

i thank you all for your friendship in this regard.

my boat work is very important to me. its what makes me tick and its part of my being. ive grown up around boats and trotted along beside my father even when he was working in his commercial boat yard, ever since i was about 6 years of age. and so, i live eat and breath boats. its not a passing fad. that is why at nealry 50, i am still building the boat i want to go cruising on. after i lost a long marriage and two yachts beforehand, i have not let my dream go.

some of your posts brought tiny little tears to my eyes as i read them. i am always astounded when people show me generosity of kindness and compassion.

i am amongst good people and friends here. again thank you.

i can begin again to show you the work on my yacht with pride and pleasure.

this is the last boat my father will build after a career spanning over five decades. he has been a successful professional boatbuilder and is probably the last of his kind along the eastern seaboard of australia. this treasure is something i wish to share with others as we build. i know my katy thread is lacking in dialogue for the most part, but im often too busy or just too plain tired to do much other than upload photographs. for that i apologise. it is a particulalry poignant time for me. dad is less sentimental about it all!
          i am hoping i can sit down with dad in the coming months and record an oral history. i get to hear all his stories which makes me feel like the lucky one.

so anyhow, its important that the wbf does not become the repository of scum. that is why i stood by what i said i would do. but now when i see it is safe to return. in the process i have made a whole bunch of new friends and strengthened ties with older ones.

bern

Comment

• Larks
            Larks
            • Jul 2007

We know it was really Luc's post that bought you back....how could you possibly say no to a Frenchman who calls you Darling???

(I knew you wouldn't be gone for long....!)
            Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
            “It’s risky”, said experience.
            “It’s pointless”, said reason.
            “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Comment

• Bernadette
              words beside picture
              • May 1999

hmmmmm....without getting myself into hot water here greg, i might just say that some australian men could learn a thing or two from their european counterparts. i was never one for the footy and beer type! and thongs and stubbies do little for me too!

and well, i do respect and like luc. he's a really nice man. for a man to write what he did (french or not) shows a lot of compassion and courage on a forum such as this. he can have a x and a o from me anytime.

oh and dont forget, i am part french myself. not just in name.

by the way, i was determined to stay away as long as it took! without sounding smug, i am happy it was sooner rather than later. i enjoy the friendship the forum offers.

Comment

• StevenBauer
                LPBC member
                • Jan 2000

Glad to see you back, Bern. Now how about some more Katy pics?

Steven

Comment

• RFNK
                  Port Stephens, Australia
                  • Feb 2007

Good on you Bernadette! But here's a quick word of advice - if a Frenchman calls you darling, hit him hard with a stick and run!!! That's what I find works.

Hope your dad's all mended!

Rick
                  Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Comment

• Dutch
                    Banned
                    • Nov 2000

thats it_ I'm leaving!

Comment

• Vince Brennan
                      Seymour TN 37865
                      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Dutch
                      thats it_ I'm leaving!
                      With THAT signature, any comment is superfluous.
                      http://www.frayedknotarts.com

Comment

• Larks
                        Larks
                        • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Bernadette
                        hmmmmm....without getting myself into hot water here greg, i might just say that some australian men could learn a thing or two from their european counterparts. i was never one for the footy and beer type! and thongs and stubbies do little for me too!
                        that's if you only stick with stereotypes Bern'.

I had a bit of an eye opener in France years ago, I was working an Antibes and was in a local supermarket when an older lady dropped most of her shopping in the aisle. I didn't say anything but stopped to help her and she smiled and said in beautifully accented English "Thankyou, you're not French are you!". I was dressed no differently from anyone else really (ie not in stubbies and thongs anyeway) and there was no reason for her to say anything like that as far as I could tell so I replied "why would you say that?"

She responded: "A Frenchman would never help a woman like that".
                        Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
                        “It’s risky”, said experience.
                        “It’s pointless”, said reason.
                        “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Comment

Working...