• Sep 2009

Re: Now that Romney's won New Hampshire

metaphor?

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
      Ancient Mariner
      • Dec 2006

Metaphor or not. Used to describe Obama being hobbled as usual by the reps.So I gave a real example where even a hobbled horse can do what Obama can not seem to do.*

Comment

• John Smith
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Waddie
        And the Democratic party is different how?

Or is it ALL insanity?

regards,
        Waddie
        It's pretty much all insanity. Come November, it is my prediction that the single biggest issue will be the Citizens United decision. Romney supports corporations being people; Obama does not.

This is an interesting interview http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tu...xrs=share_copy

Take note, please, of the section where the judge says the states cannot violate the constitution; at some point Romney will be asked how the state can mandate buying health insurance but the feds can't. He will also be asked if the exchanges the Affordable Health Care Act will bring don't address the very problem he was addressing Saturday night.
        "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

• John Smith
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TomF
          Pragmatically and paradoxically, what the last few years should have taught us is that in the current American political climate, the only party with the potential to "bring Congress together" is the Republicans.

This is not because today's Reps are better at extending a hand across the aisle. It's because the current group of Rep politicians have shown that they simply will not collaborate on meaningful (or even meaningless!) Dem initiatives, period. Despite the poisonous political climate during Bush II's presidency, the Dems in Congress were somewhat more willing to keep the business of government running. We've seen the comparative stats posted on the forum before.

Which is a way of saying that Romney might be right. But if so, he's right for which bring shame to current Rep politicians, rather than credit. And frankly, shouldn't be rewarded.
          They won't even vote for legislation the author in order to prevent Obama having a victory.

At some point, Romney is going to have to be asked for some specifics as to Obama policies that failed, as opposed to overly optimistic predictions being wrong.
          "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

• John Smith
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by S.V. Airlie
            You are right CC. Obama only has 700 million to spend. He doesn't need Richie Rich.

I don't think we can imagine the massive amount of money that will be spent this year.

Comment

• John Smith
              • Mar 2009

Metaphor or not. Used to describe Obama being hobbled as usual by the reps.So I gave a real example where even a hobbled horse can do what Obama can not seem to do.*
              Personally, I think it's wishful thinking and dillusional. They've slowed him down and, in doing so, have slowed growth in our economy down.

Comment

• TomF
                Recalcitrant Heretic
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by John Smith
                I don't think we can imagine the massive amount of money that will be spent this year.
                Think of it as stimulus spending.
                If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                  Ancient Mariner
                  • Dec 2006

The economy problem isn't only in the US, it's global

Comment

• John Smith
                    • Mar 2009

The economy problem isn't only in the US, it's global
                    Yes, and is that Obama's fault, too?

Comment

• John Smith
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by TomF
                      Think of it as stimulus spending.
                      I think my problem is, and the problem many will have is, that all this money could be spent in ways that would stimulate the economy. Just the cash spent in Iowa would fix a few bridges.

Or insulate some homes.

Comment

• Ian McColgin
                        • Apr 1999

South Carolina will be bloody. There were at least two major employers that Romney divested of employees and a bunch of those guys will be organized by Gingrich and perhaps Ron Paul to follow Mitt around and stick it to him.

If he finds a way to deal directly with people who have been dislocated in our economy and if he doesn't have a confrontational melt-down he'll come out ahead but this is the time when he'll be wishing he had the talent of an Irish hangman.

You know the Irish hangman?

He's there to hang you.

He'll borrow your rope for the job.

And he'll have you thanking him.

Comment

• wardd
                          • Sep 2009

could that hobbled horse win the race?

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                            Ancient Mariner
                            • Dec 2006

Do you know what is involved in hobbling a horse? I think you might as you take care of a few (rumor). If a hobbled horse wins the race, the other horses are more than likely dead, or he is the only horse in the race.

Comment

• wardd
                              • Sep 2009

Do you know what is involved in hobbling a horse? I think you might as you take care of a few (rumor). If a hobbled horse wins the race, the other horses are more than likely dead, or he is the only horse in the race.
                              just where is this train wreck of thought going?

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
                                Ancient Mariner
                                • Dec 2006

Yours? I have no idea, tell me.You brought it all up.I did not mention the term "hobbled" you did.Or have you forgotten so soon?

Comment

Working...