Thread: The disgusting Duggars

Default The disgusting Duggars

I really know nothing about these people, but this caught my eye today:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...es-debate.html

Quite aside from this item, I daresay I am not alone in opining that NO family needs 19 children, and the sooner she or he becomes infertile, the better.

Appalling. But hey- this is America.
    Gerard>
    Everett, WA

Next election, vote against every Republican, for every office, at every level. Be patriotic.

Default Re: The disgusting Duggars

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post

Quite aside from this item, I daresay I am not alone in opining that NO family needs 19 children, and the sooner she or he becomes infertile, the better.

I really know nothing about these people...
    And yet you find them "appalling."

Are they on public welfare? Are they harmful to society? Why do they offend you?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Kids_and_Counting

But hey- this is America.
    And not China.

Better get busy, or the undesirables will out-vote you.

How can you call them disgusting? Because they don't live and think LIKE you?

WOW! Are you a Chinese bureaucrat?

Awfully judgmental for knowing nothing about them ...

Nothing else matters but how I raise my children ... and their opinion of me, as a father.

They are the sort of TLC programming the Florida pseudo 'christians' can support. Buy at Lowes.

Nineteen kids is irresponsible, but I have no problem in principle with a photograph of a stillborn child to show that he/she actually had an existence. People are far to eager to air opinions on matters that are none of their business. Our local cemetery has a section where stillborn children were buried in the past. For that read unbaptised children incidentally. No markers till the early 80's, it was always overgrown and neglected. Now fortunately there are markers and a memorial wall where there are always flowers. I was told that a road construction crew did the work in their own time.

1. Are they on public welfare? Yes, everyone is.
    2. Are they harmful to society? Yes.
    3. Why do they offend you? By their greed, aggression and hypocrisy.
    4. Better get busy, or the undesirables will out-vote you: the ultimate coward's gambit, doomed to failure even if we took you up on it.
    America cannot survive another four years of Barack Obama. -- Governor Chris Christie (R) New Jersey

Sounds like a good business model, feeding the appetite for voyerism that 'reality' TV has encouraged.

afloat with at least 6' of water under me.

I feel sorry for the wife.

How can you be in favor of immigration and yet be against a big domestic family? I thought our domestic replacement rate was below actual replacement. And every economist I've read, including the conservative ones, say that our replacement and immigration is an advantage compared to the aging democraphics of say, Japan, or most of Europe. Apparently, the problem is too many Americans aren't having any kids.....

So long as I don't have to support them, they can have all the kids they want...

regards,
    Waddie

Waddie I was thinking only of the math here 19 by 9months for the mother. Heck, that is 171 months of being pregnant..Ouch.Of course there were some twins but still..

Quote Originally Posted by S.V. Airlie View Post
    Waddie I was thinking only of the math here 19 by 9months for the mother. Heck, that is 171 months of being pregnant..Ouch.Of course there were some twins but still..
    Jamie, you gotta admire women....if men did the getting pregnant, there would only be one child per family..none of us would ever go through childbirth twice..

Heck, I panic when I have a hard turd !!!!

regards,
    Waddie

Oh I do Waddie.

When I was a kid in New Zealand I had a friend who was one of 20. We all used to play at his place, a dairy farm on the outskirts of Auckland, long gone. Mama was a large black clad shape that sat on the verandah always seemingly feeding a babe attended by a couple of teenaged daughters. Dad was a lean hard working dairy farmer and genuinely pleasant person. It was at the end of the era of large families, the days when women would bear 12 or 14 kids .

As I grew older I wondered how he actually managed the task sewing of the seed. Mama was not that attractive no matter how I squinted. Just very large and swathed in black.
    Try to work out what the marketing guy wants you to do then do precisely the opposite.

If they can take care of their family, why are they irresponsible, skuthorp?

Seriously.

B

P.s. I am NOT a fan of that much offspring ... I find it unsettling ... to say the least ... but it is not my place to call them disgusting.
    Nothing else matters but how I raise my children ... and their opinion of me, as a father.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    As I grew older I wondered how he actually managed the task sewing of the seed. Mama was not that attractive no matter how I squinted. Just very large and swathed in black.
    Turkey baster?

I'll go with "disgusting".

The public have always liked freak shows, and this couple have been able to follow PT Barnum's advice.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

(1) Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.

A message consisting of a set of ten guidelines or principles is engraved on the Georgia Guidestones in eight different languages, one language on each face of the four large upright stones. Moving clockwise around the structure from due north, these languages are: English, Spanish, Swahili, Hindi, Hebrew, Arabic, Chinese, and Russian.

(1) Maintain humanity under 500,000,000 in perpetual balance with nature.
    (2) Guide reproduction wisely — improving fitness and diversity.
    (3) Unite humanity with a living new language.
    (4) Rule passion — faith — tradition — and all things with tempered reason.
    (5) Protect people and nations with fair laws and just courts.
    (6) Let all nations rule internally resolving external disputes in a world court.
    (7) Avoid petty laws and useless officials.
    (8) Balance personal rights with social duties.
    (9) Prize truth — beauty — love — seeking harmony with the infinite.
    (10) Be not a cancer on the earth — Leave room for nature — Leave room for nature.
    This is the first lesson ye should learn: There is so much good in the worst of us, and so much bad in the best of us, it doesn't behoove any of us to speak evil of the rest of us.
    E. Cayce

They are a 21st century side show act. No different than most of reality shows on TV.
    Pay your nickel and see the monkey boy.

Doug

Quote Originally Posted by Gerarddm View Post

What is the correct amount of children one can have to be PC and satisfy liberals?

Quote Originally Posted by Horace View Post
    And yet you find them "appalling."

Are they on public welfare? Are they harmful to society? Why do they offend you?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/19_Kids_and_Counting

And not China.

Better get busy, or the undesirables will out-vote you.
    you couldn't prove it by me but as I understand it (they are local and some of my family knows some of them), they ARE on a sort pf public wealfare... they live on donations (kinda like gate recipts... speaking of gates)
    most people who voice any opinion about them locally is disgust...
    Norman, and others... the disgusting part can be said to be extravagant and conspicuous 'consumption' for it's own sake

As they are all home schooled, it may be that they exceed state standards for teacher/student ratio
    (I wonder if they shop at big box stores?)
    Last edited by Phillip Allen; 12-16-2011 at 06:58 PM.
    The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
    Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip Allen View Post
    you couldn't prove it by me but as I understand it (they are local and some of my family knows some of them), they ARE on a sort pf public wealfare... they live on donations (kinda like gate recipts... speaking of gates)
    most people who voice any opinion about them locally is disgust...
    Norman, and others... the disgusting part can be said to be extravagant and conspicuous 'consumption' for it's own sake

As they are all home schooled, it may be that they exceed state standards for teacher/student ratio
    (I wonder if they shop at big box stores?)
    +1. Excellent post.

And bobbys - the answer, as you surely know, is "two point-something" - the natural replacement rate.
    Last edited by Andrew Craig-Bennett; 12-17-2011 at 08:25 AM.
    IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

So,the initial poster has gone away ... just like I thought!