Page 865 of 1369 FirstFirst ... 3657658158558648658668759159651365 ... LastLast
Results 30,241 to 30,275 of 47911

Thread: Antipodean Boats Connection

Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Don't forget to make some curtains
    Yeah, good call. They are somewhere on the to-do list. Can't see the co-driver being happy without them.
    When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.

Good luck with the inflatable. As Rick mentioned above, with your sleeping on your back it may well be fine for you.

The truck-to-camper conversion is going ahead apace. I've done a few more things on the list to service/restore the truck. It's running quite a bit better now than when I first got it, but it still puffs too much smoke when you boot it hard. Still working on the list though and hoping to improve it a bit more. It looks like it will be a good Scamp towing vehicle.
    When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.

I saw what you did there Bruce, a bit of Boat content. Nice. Might need a boat up here soon. Noah was right. It is hammering down something fierce.

Fly fishing? Apparently this is in St Helens, down in Tassie.

Wow. That's gorgeous.

That's a panoramic shot. The sun could be near the left and the right.

Anyway... these photos are art, not reference material. If someone says 'wow' and wants to visit, then it's a successful photo.

Quote Originally Posted by MattSplatt View Post
    That's a panoramic shot. The sun could be near the left and the right.
    Nowhere near 360 degrees. 180 max.... but yes, it's an image. Been known to tweak a few myself... but super-saturation, blech
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I notice the saturation, but maybe it bothers me less than a lot of people because my screens are not all that vibrant. On some of the shiny new crazy-bold displays it might be different.

Saturation. Like the ground around here. Did I mention its been raining?

I've been trying to empty the rainwater tank. We're having lovely long hot rainwater showers, etc etc etc, and the darn tank keeps filling up.

The up-side of all this wet weather is it's not kayaking weather and the bastweards I ordered the short-bruce wetsuit from haven't despatched it yet, so there's no point me getting all snarly yet. We've been swapping emails, and I haven't progressed past 'terse' yet. They still list the things as 'in stock' and 'on sale' so I'm disappointed, but not devastated. It will be a different story if the kayak turns up this week and the weather breaks though.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Trees keep getting blown out of the ground at our place.
    Likewise. After a day of calm it back to a major blow again. The new concrete wave deflector works at Mornington Marina were dislodged and sunk to the bottom, tonights storm will be no 3 in about 2 weeks.

A concrete wave ???!! Yikes , that sounds dangerous !
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Yup that looks like Wraith Of Oddin John, she attended last years Vintage Regatta and has also been to Hobart 2015, I seem to recall P Kerr mentioning. I believe she is berthed at the Southport YC.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looks like a whole lot of jammers on the mast.

Lovely boat.

Rick

The two boats I sailed on the Amity 20 and the Folk Boat. Interesting looking at the size of the Folkboat's oversize rig with proportionally small spreaders.

My next ride the Amity which is a redesigned flat bottomed Gunter rigged Couta boat went very well with five of us aboard hitting 6k regularly, talk about a wet ride up front though.

[IMG][/IMG]

Early morning exercise with Marine Rescue.

Later up at the tower on Point Danger I watched a yacht sailing north...and thought, why isn't that me?

Such a perfect day.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

Looks like you had a great time Tom. I looked to see if you were on board when I sailed up to Fingal on Saturday but I now know you were off having fun on different boats.

My youngest daughter bought me a new tablet for my birthday and I discovered Opencpn is now available for Android. Just installing the charts now. There is a pay for version that has a chart downloader installed for around $15 through the Google app store.

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post

Lovely boat.

Rick
    Looks just like WB mast with her double halyards , used to take me forever to locate the correct one especially since they're all colour coded red .

My dispute with the alleged seller of my short-bruce wetsuit went from 'terse' to 'a bit cross' this evening. Hopefully it won't get to 'despair' or 'regret'.

It looks like they have an ebay presnce as well as their on-line web store, and the negative comments there are all about goods paid for but not received. I've never had to do this before but I've opened a Paypal dispute and demanded through Paypal that they send the goods immediately from their stock that they say they hold, or refund the dosh in full. Golly darnation.

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post

Lovely boat.

Rick
    Looks just like WB mast with her double halyards , used to take me forever to locate the correct one especially since they're all colour coded red .

Quote Originally Posted by brucemoffatt View Post
    My dispute with the alleged seller of my short-bruce wetsuit went from 'terse' to 'a bit cross' this evening. Hopefully it won't get to 'despair' or 'regret'.

It looks like they have an ebay presnce as well as their on-line web store, and the negative comments there are all about goods paid for but not received. I've never had to do this before but I've opened a Paypal dispute and demanded through Paypal that they send the goods immediately from their stock that they say they hold, or refund the dosh in full. Golly darnation.

My little VW tail light reflector sold for $24.48 I'll put the stop light up next.

Seems I can even sell the roof off of it!

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    I told you years ago that it was worth money.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Meanwhile... I snuck in my 60th birthday dinner gift card redemption with 5 days to spare. I'm a shocker with gift cards... not redeeming them before they expire, that is.

Good news... followed the Missus home (crook when you take two cars to dinner, eh?)... and got her to put the boot in a bit. Not the slightest whiff of smoke. Seems the injector cleaner... and a good 1200 km run recently did the trick.

Quote Originally Posted by auscruisertom View Post
    The two boats I sailed on the Amity 20 and the Folk Boat. Interesting looking at the size of the Folkboat's oversize rig with proportionally small spreaders.

My next ride the Amity which is a redesigned flat bottomed Gunter rigged Couta boat went very well with five of us aboard hitting 6k regularly, talk about a wet ride up front though.

[IMG][/IMG]
    That does look like a tall mast!

Excellent! Just the thing to convert a pop top back to a bus I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by auscruisertom View Post
    Double halyards?

Rick

Where's the best source for flotation bags ? I'd like to set JIM up for another 100 litres of UP , I could build in plywood chambers but bags would be simpler.
    Grateful Dead

My youngest daughter bought me a new tablet for my birthday and I discovered Opencpn is now available for Android. Just installing the charts now. There is a pay for version that has a chart downloader installed for around $15 through the Google app store.
    I will be interested in looking at your tablet navigation system Gary, since I will be purchasing a new computer shortly.

Rick I suspect my mast was originally designed before it ended up on WB, for downwind cruising with two halyards enabling the vessel to run twin staysails or twin jib-genoas . Alternatively a slob yachty that had a bad habit of loosing halyards.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Where's the best source for flotation bags ? I'd like to set JIM up for another 100 litres of UP , I could build in plywood chambers but bags would be simpler.
    Ebay - at least it was when I've looked before, (unless you fancy using wine cask bladders?).
    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Quote Originally Posted by Larks View Post
    Ebay - at least it was when I've looked before, (unless you fancy using wine cask bladders?).
    PET bottles are stronger, more resistant to damage. Find some family drinking 2l bottles

Quote Originally Posted by Larks View Post
    I just changed my search from "buoyancy bag " to water bladder.... much more useful. How do you think this would serve ?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/60-LITRE-...YAAOSwyQtV6QTP

Last edited by PeterSibley; 07-25-2016 at 09:15 PM.
    Grateful Dead