Page 53 of 1400 FirstFirst ... 343525354631031535531053 ... LastLast
Results 1,821 to 1,855 of 48986

Thread: Antipodean Boats Connection

Default Re: Oz Connection

I've just spoken with another Dragon Association member and he tells me it shouldn't be a problem. Controllers are generic and do not require any type of proprietary matching up. So long as it fits a seven pin plug.

We may yet have an option on another trailer with a hydraulic overrun system, bearing in mind that these types of trailers don't have breakaways AFAIKT.
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Life was simpler once.
    Small children worked in the mills once too.
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Way back when Noah was a lad, I used to work Saturdays at a hire service. The weekend warriors would come in to hire a box, furniture or car trailer. We had all sorts of adaptors (I've got a set here btw... cheap as chips these days)... so we could hook them up to all sorts of different plugs (7 pin flat, 6 and 7 pin round). The number of nongs who turned up in cars that weren't wired right was amazing. They were nothing compared to some of the idiots that hired chainsaws though.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Phew I nearly got sucked into posting on one of the Schooner threads.........but I've resisted.

Looks like Dragons are all the rage to play with how do you think a centreboard conversion would go I've only got 4' to play with in my pond.

Quote Originally Posted by m2c1Iw View Post
    Phew I nearly got sucked into posting on one of the Schooner threads.........but I've resisted.

Looks like Dragons are all the rage to play with how do you think a centreboard conversion would go I've only got 4' to play with in my pond.
    Why not go canting keel?
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    Why not go canting keel?
    Nah just musing, down here the restricted 21' are hot even building new ones using modern materials actually saw one for sale at $46,000 bit rich for me hence the fleeting thought about a cheap dragon. http://www.classicwoodenboat.com.au/...acht?showall=1

Jeez , the government must be really scratching to balance the books now.
    For quite some time now , my daughters RAAF unit was flatout , setting up for possible deployment.
    Now , as of today , they have been advised that they are looking for VOLUNTARY REDUNDANCIES , and if they don't get the numbers , then whoever gets the short straw , is out of the service !.
    Seems strange to me !.
    Rob J.

Just got a message on the pager (CFA cap) , its a TFB day tomorrow .
    But hopefully rain on Monday.
    Rob J.

You can have some of our rain Rob!

Mike: Get a Dragon! Ian's got one, I'm getting one, and as Rick pointed out, it is the Year of The Dragon and at 3'6" draft you should be fine in the pond!
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Grab some depleted uranium and you'd be able to lose 6"

I had one (dragon) only sold it cos i came up here.

Rufus, Greg,
    still all good for tomorrow 12.30ish. I've rebuilt the building platform (shortened it by two metres), so now we can turn it over and not have the bow and stern hit the fore and aft portions of the old platform. It's all stayed dry in the shed despite the rain. I've got lots of soft pads, and I did an experiment with my model which seems to make it look pretty straight forward for the four of us. The fridge is stocked with beer (light and ordinary), there's salad, plus onion, sausages and spicy chicken for the barbie

Mike and I are organised John.

I'll confirm with you in the morning.

Who knows how much rain we'll get out of this system tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    I had one (dragon) only sold it cos i came up here.
    I forgot about that one. Why'd you go and do a silly thing like that? IIRC yours cost less than mine.
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Quote Originally Posted by rufustr View Post
    Who knows how much rain we'll get out of this system tonight.
    Thanks Rufus. Radar seems to show it moving a bit north but it's been back and forth all day.

Good luck John, I hope it all goes smoothly ! Sorry not to have caught up yet but we will.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Good luck John, I hope it all goes smoothly ! Sorry not to have caught up yet but we will.
    Thanks for the thought Peter..I'm sure we'll be fine if we just go slowly..it's not that big or heavy afterall, just a bit of a restricted place to do it in. Sounds as though I might miss the EBS at Duncan's if it's on the 17th..wife is travelling that day.

Rain, a distant hope here. 34c today, 37c tomorrow but probably a bit less here. Rain forecast monday but as time goes on they seem less confident.
    Had a good celebratory day today, in the waves from 1 till 5 with just a break to peruse the geography of the beach, and some very nice geography it was too if a little sunburned. Friendly too mostly. Water about 20c it seems, way too warm if you ask me. The beach doesn't change. Hot tonight in spite of all the sliding doors open, no sea breeze yet.
    This Dragon move sounds a bit on the edge, take a lot of care you lot.

Damn John! I was really looking forward to a re-acquaintance! Wife going or arriving? Maybe you could make it down here after?

My best wishes for the big flip! I'm sure it'll go smoothly.
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    Damn John! I was really looking forward to a re-acquaintance! Wife going or arriving? Maybe you could make it down here after?

My best wishes for the big flip! I'm sure it'll go smoothly.
    Yep, I know, it's a bugger. She's heading off to China that day, around midday or so, and who knows when it will actually be given delays etc.

Then you should be able to make it! I'm an hour and 20 minutes away going by Sunday midday traffic from the airport. A cold one will await you, along with some slow cooked BBQ chicken, as well as a jovial bunch of fellas (and our better halves)!

It's settled!
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Way down here Duncan it'll be prawns, salads and beer too so I'll raise a glass in your direction.

I'll chuck down a Bintang on the Bromo volcano.... and nod in your general direction

[QUOTE=Duncan Gibbs;3318394 an hour and 20 minutes away going by Sunday midday traffic from the airport [/QUOTE]
    It's Saturday the 17th thought right..not Sunday (getting confuzzled now)

Ooops! Yup! Saturday...

Oily dementia onset? Too much bucolic air? Too much rain? Too many thoughts about Dragons?

Any and all of the above, and a few more thrown in for good measure. Better make it down here John before I'm a total lost cause!
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Here's another one Duncan.
    Rob's forecast is 40c today, only 34 here. Surprised the difference ad he's right on the coast too.
    Entertaining today but late afternoon I'll get to the beach again, 6ft swells, yummy!

Morning Jeff...yet another drizzly day here and I'm suffering from sinus and a slight hangover.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

Morning Gary. Hot here till a change on monday, muggy too as the air is tropical.
    I have to be careful with red wine these days as the preservative in most cheaper bottles fires up my sinus headaches too. Only drink the good stuff! I seem to have discovered the joys of the surf again, I might look at a newer board even. Water is unusually warm, around 20c. I was in for 4 hours yesterday without a suit and didn't get at all cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Gibbs View Post
    I forgot about that one. Why'd you go and do a silly thing like that? IIRC yours cost less than mine.
    I paid $700, sold it for $1500, but then mine was Huon.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Morning Gary. Hot here till a change on monday, muggy too as the air is tropical.
    I have to be careful with red wine these days as the preservative in most cheaper bottles fires up my sinus headaches too. Only drink the good stuff! I seem to have discovered the joys of the surf again, I might look at a newer board even. Water is unusually warm, around 20c. I was in for 4 hours yesterday without a suit and didn't get at all cold.
    I was feeling rather pleased with what I got done on the boat yesterday and knocked back 8 full strength stubbies last night and I ate far too much. So not quite 100% this morning. I'll recover, some vitamin P, two cups of tea and a good coffee heart starter a bit latter and I'll be fine.

The weather looks to be clearing early here John

We should be good for midday or thereabouts.

Well , actually its only forecast to be 37 C here , but we are going to the place immediately north of us , Heywood , for their wine and roses festival , and its supposed to be 40C there.
    I suppose I should go out on HS too , but the forecast is for the wind to drop right off , and 3 1/2 metre seas . There is absolutely no wind here , but Portland probably has a bit.
    I just can't be bothered with it . Its supposed to rain for the next few days , after that I might feel more inclined to take her out.
    The Total Fire Ban is a bit of a worry.
    We went to Hamilton on Thursday , and were surprised at how dry it has got.
    But if there is no wind , a fire won't go far.
    Rob J.

Good luck with The Turning Johnno ... and all helpers!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Good luck with The Turning Johnno ... and all helpers!

Rick
    I seconded that, hope it all goes well.

125mm overnight, I'm not going anywhere or doing much today . It's WET !!!
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead