Page 1389 of 1423 FirstFirst ... 3898891289133913791388138913901399 ... LastLast
Results 48,581 to 48,615 of 49803

Thread: Antipodean Boats Connection

  1. #48581
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Port Stephens
    Posts
    22,907

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    I thought I had some but I must have used it. I'll keep an eye out for some locally, Bruce.

    Rick

  2. #48582
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Australia and Tasmania
    Posts
    21,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Back syphoning is something I have thought about. The wet exhaust outlet is above the waterline. The sink and manual bilge pump are well above the waterline so that only leaves the electric bilge pump. My thoughts there were either loop the hose high, fit a non return valve or some form of syphoning breaker.
    KISS

    Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

  3. #48583
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,022

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    KISS

    Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk
    Indubitably.
    The only one that might back siphon would be the electric but if I loop the hose high under the deck it won't be able to.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  4. #48584
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Port Stephens
    Posts
    22,907

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Today I tried KISS to connect my new fuel tank but only managed the last S. I already had the new fuel line set up to go and all I had to do was undo the old line and put on the new one. But, of course, I muddled up which was what and cut the new fuel line so that it would be the right length to connect to ..... the return outlet! What a FWIT! So now the new line is short and already pinned down nicely with saddles etc. so not only would I need a new line but I'd also need to undo all the saddles, cable ties and brackets it goes through. However, all is not lost! I now intend to install a valve just below the engine fuel inlet, which makes sense anyway, as a safety measure, so the shortened line may prove to be a good move after all.

    Rick

  5. #48585
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Australia and Tasmania
    Posts
    21,588

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Today I tried KISS to connect my new fuel tank but only managed the last S. I already had the new fuel line set up to go and all I had to do was undo the old line and put on the new one. But, of course, I muddled up which was what and cut the new fuel line so that it would be the right length to connect to ..... the return outlet! What a FWIT! So now the new line is short and already pinned down nicely with saddles etc. so not only would I need a new line but I'd also need to undo all the saddles, cable ties and brackets it goes through. However, all is not lost! I now intend to install a valve just below the engine fuel inlet, which makes sense anyway, as a safety measure, so the shortened line may prove to be a good move after all.

    Rick
    Good save

  6. #48586
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Australia and Tasmania
    Posts
    21,588

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Indubitably.
    The only one that might back siphon would be the electric but if I loop the hose high under the deck it won't be able to.
    Was it Peter whose signature here was along the lines that you can't teach what someone doesn't want to know?

  7. #48587
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Australia and Tasmania
    Posts
    21,588

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    I mean lets just say your bilge outlet gets blocked. Oh sh!t, thats the only outlet.

    Lets say one bilge pump is running, and the other has a failed/blocked non return valve. Oh bugger.

    Probably wont happen hey.

  8. #48588
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Port Stephens
    Posts
    22,907

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Good save
    God did it to stop the flow of awful things I was saying about His Son and myself.

    Rick

  9. #48589
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,022

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    I mean lets just say your bilge outlet gets blocked. Oh sh!t, thats the only outlet.

    Lets say one bilge pump is running, and the other has a failed/blocked non return valve. Oh bugger.

    Probably wont happen hey.
    I have a bucket.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  10. #48590
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,022

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Was it Peter whose signature here was along the lines that you can't teach what someone doesn't want to know?
    You ain't going to learn what you don't want to know.
    If one of the bilge pumps blocks it's going to be at the inlet strum box. The outlet is 40mm diameter.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  11. #48591
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Australia and Tasmania
    Posts
    21,588

    Default

    You have a different God than me.

    Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

  12. #48592
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,022

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    You have a different God than me.

    Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk
    Hold my beer and watch this....he said. I'm 99% sure I know what I am doing.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  13. #48593
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Australia and Tasmania
    Posts
    21,588

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Speaking of boats, I picked up 8 used solar panels for $200 yesterday. 2 for the boat. A couple for the paddock bar, a couple for my sons camper van. A couple spare.

  14. #48594
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,022

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Speaking of boats, I picked up 8 used solar panels for $200 yesterday. 2 for the boat. A couple for the paddock bar, a couple for my sons camper van. A couple spare.
    What voltage? I have 6 X 48 volt I plan to do something with sometime. And I was offered 6 x 36v for $40 last week.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  15. #48595
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Port Stephens
    Posts
    22,907

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Watt did you mean?

    Rick

  16. #48596
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Between Bourgeoisie and Proletariat - Australia
    Posts
    5,284

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    I've got a spare panel, i keep meaning to do a project with my older son - make his bedroom passive, convert it to 12v. We have a few small 12v deep cycle batteries (from house alarm systems i think) that we picked up here and there.
    I also have a very old wind generator.........
    It's all fun and games until Darth Vader comes.

  17. #48597
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Australia and Tasmania
    Posts
    21,588

    Default

    Fart

    Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

  18. #48598
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Australia and Tasmania
    Posts
    21,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    What voltage? I have 6 X 48 volt I plan to do something with sometime. And I was offered 6 x 36v for $40 last week.
    Can't remember. I think if you connect them to a mppt charger the output is 12, or 14.8 or whatever the charger thinks the battery needs. Tell me I'm right?

    Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

  19. #48599
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,022

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Can't remember. I think if you connect them to a mppt charger the output is 12, or 14.8 or whatever the charger thinks the battery needs. Tell me I'm right?

    Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk
    An MPPT regulator will give you 12v or 24v.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  20. #48600
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Australia and Tasmania
    Posts
    21,588

    Default

    Cheers

    Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

  21. #48601
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Australia and Tasmania
    Posts
    21,588

    Default

    I think the media is saying all kiwis are required to self isolate within 48 hours. Presumably the same here by next Monday. Double up your mooring lines.

    Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

  22. #48602
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,022

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    The Mt Warning Hotel was giving away free beer right up until the shutdown...and I didn't know about.
    They had to empty the barrels apparently.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  23. #48603
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    victoria, australia. (1 address now)
    Posts
    62,391

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Last 'outing' tomorrow, delivering a 2nd hand fridge.

    This job is usualy done by a volunteer who is in quarantine after testing positive after a cruise.

  24. #48604
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Port Stephens
    Posts
    22,907

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Success!
    Fuel flows.

    Rick
    Rick

    Lean and nosey like a ferret

  25. #48605
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Newcastle NSW, Australia
    Posts
    137

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Hi Rick,

    Managed to find 2lts of metho this morning

    Bruce

  26. #48606
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Port Stephens
    Posts
    22,907

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Don't drink it all until I get there!

    That's good! Do you need any more than that?

    Rick

  27. #48607
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,022

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Went for a wander around the paddock and collected 3 x 25 litre buckets of well rotted cow manure. Some of which had gold top mushrooms...I ignored them. So I now have one long raised garden bed ready for planting and a concrete tub. Also have half a 44 with Kipfler potatoes planted. My vege seedings are looking good but they won't be big enough to plant out for a week or so.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  28. #48608
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    South Australia and Tasmania
    Posts
    21,588

    Default

    Well done Rick. And Bruce. And Gary.

    Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

  29. #48609
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,022

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    During the war they were called Victory Gardens...not sure if Virus Gardens has the same ring to it.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  30. #48610
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Newcastle NSW, Australia
    Posts
    137

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Rick

    2lts will do us for about 5 to 6 weeks as preheating. I did find a small butane gas blow torch that we could use.

    Bruce

  31. #48611
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Bay of Islands,N.Z.
    Posts
    26,998

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    I think the media is saying all kiwis are required to self isolate within 48 hours. Presumably the same here by next Monday. Double up your mooring lines.

    Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk
    Midnight tonight. You can travel for food etc. I'll be going to check on the boat, do something on it if weather permits.
    Otherwise it'll be cutting nuisance trees and generally tidying up stuff at the house and surrounds. Dig out that ginger (noxious weed).
    Maybe I should go fishing.

  32. #48612
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Location
    Uki, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    32,022

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Midnight tonight. You can travel for food etc. I'll be going to check on the boat, do something on it if weather permits.
    Otherwise it'll be cutting nuisance trees and generally tidying up stuff at the house and surrounds. Dig out that ginger (noxious weed).
    Maybe I should go fishing.
    Make ginger beer.
    ​"Life is under no obligation to give us what we expect." Irrfan Khan. RIP

  33. #48613
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Port Stephens
    Posts
    22,907

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Midnight tonight. You can travel for food etc. I'll be going to check on the boat, do something on it if weather permits.
    Otherwise it'll be cutting nuisance trees and generally tidying up stuff at the house and surrounds. Dig out that ginger (noxious weed).
    Maybe I should go fishing.
    Probably a very bad idea: https://images.app.goo.gl/QoogUTsa1PkSBNq68

    Rick

  34. #48614
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Location
    Bay of Islands,N.Z.
    Posts
    26,998

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    Noooo, I mean from the dinghy or the boat, that's isolated.

  35. #48615
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Port Stephens
    Posts
    22,907

    Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

    What? You mean not all Kiwis form a crowd along river banks to go fishing!!!?

    Going out fishing on your own in a little boat at present sounds wonderful to me right now!

    Rick

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •