Page 1369 of 1369 FirstFirst ... 36986912691319135913681369
Results 47,881 to 47,891 of 47891

Thread: Antipodean Boats Connection

Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

Quote Originally Posted by brucemoffatt View Post
    I'm exactly having a hard time day to day due to mental health issues. I'm not posting much but I expect to in a little while. My dog is a big help.
    I thought you meant you'd come back here when your insanity returns, implying that only the insane would spend time here. Which of course may be right. I think Bear is a wonderful dog and Im glad that you have found him to look after you.

Best wishes Bruce. I'm glad you have such a good pal.
    Money may not buy happiness, but it can buy a boat that will pull right up next to it!

Sitting on the back verandah yesterday afternoon with a beer and watched a blood red sunset.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

Sitting on mine tonight with coffee and cake after a wake for a local woman who died last week.
    Wind still SW, but not as strong.

The whole Tweed Valley was socked out with smoke today. Pretty much a twilight sun all day. There's a southerly predicted so it may clear, anyway I bought some P2 dust masks today just in case it gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Sitting on mine tonight with coffee and cake after a wake for a local woman who died last week.
    Wind still SW, but not as strong.
    Was she a close friend Jeff?

First time experiencing 41.5 degree temperatures in Gahynda Q , we will appreciate getting back to the GC tonight.

Weeks of dry weather and the days I plan for part 2 of the cabin side repair rain and thunderstorms are predicted, bloody typical.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Was she a close friend Jeff?
    Not particularly, but the family has been here since 1948. She was a concentration camp survivor born in 1929. He was in a labour battalion but died 10 years ago.

Beautiful night for sitting in the tree house and being deafened by kookaburras overhead. A few ales by my side. After a week of SW gales proscribing sailing today…..no wind at all, all day.

10.15, still as. A bright 3/4 moon with a big ring around it. Grandma would say rain is coming.
    A great night for a moonlight paddle if I'd thought of it earlier.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 12-08-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Should have my "new" camera this week so I thought I'd hunt down a remote control app for it. Found what I wanted for the tablet but my iPhone 3 is just too old. I might have to resurrect the Samsung...or buy a new phone.

I cleaned out the Mac this morning. It becomes a receptical for tools etc. if it's on the floor. Maybe later this arvo a paddle and a swim. 37c forecast.