Page 1369 of 1369 FirstFirst ... 36986912691319135913681369
Results 47,881 to 47,904 of 47904

Thread: Antipodean Boats Connection

Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

Quote Originally Posted by brucemoffatt View Post
    I'm exactly having a hard time day to day due to mental health issues. I'm not posting much but I expect to in a little while. My dog is a big help.
    I thought you meant you'd come back here when your insanity returns, implying that only the insane would spend time here. Which of course may be right. I think Bear is a wonderful dog and Im glad that you have found him to look after you.

Best wishes Bruce. I'm glad you have such a good pal.
    Money may not buy happiness, but it can buy a boat that will pull right up next to it!

Sitting on the back verandah yesterday afternoon with a beer and watched a blood red sunset.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

Sitting on mine tonight with coffee and cake after a wake for a local woman who died last week.
    Wind still SW, but not as strong.

The whole Tweed Valley was socked out with smoke today. Pretty much a twilight sun all day. There's a southerly predicted so it may clear, anyway I bought some P2 dust masks today just in case it gets worse.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Sitting on mine tonight with coffee and cake after a wake for a local woman who died last week.
    Wind still SW, but not as strong.
    Was she a close friend Jeff?

First time experiencing 41.5 degree temperatures in Gahynda Q , we will appreciate getting back to the GC tonight.

Weeks of dry weather and the days I plan for part 2 of the cabin side repair rain and thunderstorms are predicted, bloody typical.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    Was she a close friend Jeff?
    Not particularly, but the family has been here since 1948. She was a concentration camp survivor born in 1929. He was in a labour battalion but died 10 years ago.

Beautiful night for sitting in the tree house and being deafened by kookaburras overhead. A few ales by my side. After a week of SW gales proscribing sailing today…..no wind at all, all day.

10.15, still as. A bright 3/4 moon with a big ring around it. Grandma would say rain is coming.
    A great night for a moonlight paddle if I'd thought of it earlier.
    Last edited by skuthorp; 12-08-2019 at 06:18 AM.

Should have my "new" camera this week so I thought I'd hunt down a remote control app for it. Found what I wanted for the tablet but my iPhone 3 is just too old. I might have to resurrect the Samsung...or buy a new phone.

I cleaned out the Mac this morning. It becomes a receptical for tools etc. if it's on the floor. Maybe later this arvo a paddle and a swim. 37c forecast.

Been hot and smoky here today but the southerly has come through as I type. It's supposed to be around 30 knots but nothing like that yet.I'm building a kitchen so no boat work for a little while. But, soon!

Rick

We count ourselves lucky our smoke haze pollution levels have been moderate in comparison to down south, with the well established Northerlies helping our air quality. Interesting to note smoke levels increased in the hinterland while stopping by Carol Sibley’s place .
    Carol is getting on with life the houses have just received a new earthly green paint job and she has installed a Solarhart hot water system, and has been cleaning out the shed

WB gaff rig and other work is proceeding at a snails pace further impacted by injuring my bad leg.

How's this for a trailer!?

They've just launched a big cat here this morning and the new mast arrived on this trailer - from Qld.

Rick

Sent from my T85 using Tapatalk

Wooden Boat Regatta meeting tonight. We are well ahead of schedule and this meeting has been postponed twice as not necessary. We have found that most stuff can be sorted out on email or the phone. One email meeting one committe member was in the air over the Atlantic, another on a ferry off Croatia.
    Entries are up on this time last year, but we might get 50 of one class, Sailfish. We are their virtual Nationals, seeing they are not a registered class with the governing bodies anny more.
    Deliberately so I might add, too much red tape and fees.

Quote Originally Posted by auscruisertom View Post
    We count ourselves lucky our smoke haze pollution levels have been moderate in comparison to down south, with the well established Northerlies helping our air quality. Interesting to note smoke levels increased in the hinterland while stopping by Carol Sibley’s place .
    Carol is getting on with life the houses have just received a new earthly green paint job and she has installed a Solarhart hot water system, and has been cleaning out the shed

WB gaff rig and other work is proceeding at a snails pace further impacted by injuring my bad leg.
    If I had known I would have got you to photograph the new paint job on Jim.

Meetings. I remember those from my time in the corporate world. Stupid waste of time. Lots of people all have to be in the same place at the same time.

Phone call or video hookup. Same time, different places.

Email. Different time, different places.

Guess which I prefer.

I guess the stupid waste of time comment is a bit of a giveaway.

Sent from my CPH1851 using Tapatalk

If I had known I would have got you to photograph the new paint job on Jim.
    Sorry never even made it down to the shed..

Serious rain last night with thunderstorm and some hail. Laid in bed listening to it bounce of the roof and thinking please no big stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by auscruisertom View Post
    Sorry never even made it down to the shed..
    No worries, I'll visit in the new year.

Serious rain last night with thunderstorm and some hail. Laid in bed listening to it bounce of the roof and thinking please no big stuff.
    That's got to be good!

Found this old block complete with stainless bearings and bronze sheave, despite looking very weathered it came up rather good an hour later.

I am also searching for a set of tufnol or bronze cheek blocks for WB reefing if anyone has an unused set sitting around.DD345093-44BA-4FF3-B8D0-75C61620F881.jpg

No bronze or tufnol ones here Tom. I replaced Masina's cheek blocks with low-friction rings. They take weight off the boom and work well.

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    That's got to be good!

Looks like more tonight, I think I will cover the car in case we get big hail.