Antipodean Boats Connection

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brucemoffatt
    • Apr 2012

Oh yeah Fixtech. What about Fix 190 FWT? I have some of that but it sounds a bit permanent. 'High strength structural bonding, above and brow the waterline, seals through-hull fittings'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.

Comment

• brucemoffatt
      • Apr 2012

Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

Looks like the Fix15 is rated at 1MPa vs Fix190 1.6MPa and all other attributes listed are similar.
      When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.

Comment

• PeterSibley
        • Dec 2001

I woke up last night at perhaps 3 am ? A ROAR of rain on the roof, absolutely hammering, probably the heaviest rain I've heard in years ! It lasted 5 minutes, perhaps 10 then faded .

12mm in the rain gauge this morning !
        '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
        Grateful Dead

Comment

• Phil Y
          Banned
          • Apr 2010

In my experience fix tech is good stuff, Sika is crap.

Comment

• Larks
            Larks
            • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Phil Y
            In my experience fix tech is good stuff, Sika is crap.
            ditto!!
            Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
            “It’s risky”, said experience.
            “It’s pointless”, said reason.
            “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Comment

• brucemoffatt
              • Apr 2012

suffering from man flu. not going well in the shed so I'm staying out of it as much as I can while I'm crook. nearly destroyed the 'fixed' plank by trying to bend it on too early before the 'pox had reached ultimate strength. good news though, when I put the outside CB pin cover on I can plank the whole lot up and lift it off the building stand. There will be much rejoicing when that day comes.

woe and pity me for the flu, it's just like you blokes said. not nice at all.

Comment

• PeterSibley
                • Dec 2001

Sympathy be upon you !
                Grateful Dead

Comment

• Duncan Gibbs
                  Ninety percent sandpaper
                  • Oct 2007

Hehe!

From Peter Fitzsimmons in today's SMH:

"The first rule of Thesaurus Club is you do not talk, prattle, whisper, chatter, mumble, rant, articulate, babble, describe, divulge, drone, confer, deliberate, squeal or converse about Thesaurus Club."

I am, you are, we are Australian. We came from the Dreamtime, from the dusty red-soil plain, from all over the world, and we mostly rub along pretty well together. The challenge is to be able to continue to do so, in the wake of terrible forces coming at us from beyond our shores. In this difficult week, no-one spoke better on the subject of home-grown terrorism than Malcolm Turnbull on Friday, on the Today Show. (Thank you, I know.)
                  Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
                  Mirror 30141
                  Looe
                  Dragon KA93

Comment

• Larks
                    Larks
                    • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Duncan Gibbs
                    Hehe!

From Peter Fitzsimmons in today's SMH:

"The first rule of Thesaurus Club is you do not talk, prattle, whisper, chatter, mumble, rant, articulate, babble, describe, divulge, drone, confer, deliberate, squeal or converse about Thesaurus Club."

http://www.smh.com.au/comment/wonder...#ixzz3DuGE22pR

have you (or anyone else here) read any of his books?
                    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
                    “It’s risky”, said experience.
                    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
                    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Comment

• Wooden Boat Fittings
                      • Oct 2001

Oh indeed yes. I was particularly impressed with his work on 'Mawson' et al.

(I think the 'Thesaurus' quote was actually from his contributor Hans Stroeve.)

Note though that Peter spells his surname FitzSimons, not Fitzsimmons.

Mike
                      Visit us to see how we help people complete classic boats authentically.

Comment

• RFNK
                        Port Stephens, Australia
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Larks
                        have you (or anyone else here) read any of his books?
                        Started a couple. Not a big fan, sorry to say.

Rick
                        Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Comment

• brucemoffatt
                          • Apr 2012

every day one little, but significant job, gets done on Romana de Scamp. Today, despite man flu and preparations for Sheila's 60th birthday celebrations, I glued and screwed on the outboard CB case cap. A good mate came round yesterday and in discussion on boat matters he brought up the subject of his new lathe and how good it is. I showed him the CB pin and asked how easy it would be for him to drill and tap one end so I could get a pin-pulling stud on if needed in the future. Piece of the proverbial apparently, and he has some spare 318 SS to make a whole new pin plus a pulling stud with ring. So I don't have to risk my existing one. Having that solution in hand freed me to move forwards with another job set. Next is to sand back the internal fillets around the garboard planks, and glass over the joints and epoxy the inside of the planks to death.

Romana is all excited again. She knows she is coming off the building stand soon.
                          Romana de Scamp. 100 likes. Romana is a Micro Minicruiser sailing yacht based at Largs, South Australia. She was constructed by, and is skippered by, Bruce Moffatt.

Comment

• PeterSibley
                            • Dec 2001

This looks like good reading . http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/...15-10h3px.html
                            Grateful Dead

Comment

• RFNK
                              Port Stephens, Australia
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by brucemoffatt
                              every day one little, but significant job, gets done on Romana de Scamp. Today, despite man flu and preparations for Sheila's 60th birthday celebrations, I glued and screwed on the outboard CB case cap. A good mate came round yesterday and in discussion on boat matters he brought up the subject of his new lathe and how good it is. I showed him the CB pin and asked how easy it would be for him to drill and tap one end so I could get a pin-pulling stud on if needed in the future. Piece of the proverbial apparently, and he has some spare 318 SS to make a whole new pin plus a pulling stud with ring. So I don't have to risk my existing one. Having that solution in hand freed me to move forwards with another job set. Next is to sand back the internal fillets around the garboard planks, and glass over the joints and epoxy the inside of the planks to death.

Romana is all excited again. She knows she is coming off the building stand soon.
                              https://www.facebook.com/RomanaGypsyLady
                              We're ALL excited! Great Bruce!

Rick
                              Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Comment

• PeterSibley
                                • Dec 2001

These look like a decent deal for the right person or are they an old fashioned design? http://shop.classic-boat-supplies.co...arlow-winches/
                                Grateful Dead

Comment

Working...