Page 103 of 1369 FirstFirst ... 353931021031041131532036031103 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,605 of 47891

Thread: Antipodean Boats Connection

Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

Rob, I reckon it's about time you booked some flights and took a trip over there to spend a few weeks just holidaying and looking around and enjoying these boats first hand. Not saying you should buy one and ship it back, but I reckon you'd have a wonderful time just trawling through the yards and marinas there.
    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Yes , I know Greg.
    I'm putting the pressure on now.
    Regards Rob J.

Jeez , I dropped in on Garry Stewart this afternoon , and he has finished the 1790 "ships boat".
    I know we expect top class work from Garry , but he has really excelled himself on this one.
    Unfortunately I didn't have a camera with me , but no doubt she will be on the water real soon , and will look a picture , complete with tan sails.
    You would never see a frozen snot boat of this quality , gawd , its a beauty !.
    Regards Rob J.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/a/-/austral...ing-off-tonga/ .
    I hope they were set up and trained for this situation.
    Rob J.

Our little management club has a weekly Joker draw. i don't know whether its a PNG thing, maybe imported from Qld clubs. Anyway, basically a raffle which jackpots from week to week. The thing is i won K6403 tonight-roughly $3000. Nice birthday present

So it was your shout then Phil ?.
    Rob J.

Double shout-I had to ring the bell for my birthday, and then again for winning the joker draw. I hope I show a net gain for the night!

I think the plan would be for all to finish even, wouldn't it? Good luck!

Rick

Seen this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Herreshof...item19d1fbb2f2 and please note the lack of smilie although I rather like using smilies I will check my enthusiasm.

Missed it Phil so I'l shout "HAPPY BIRTHDAY"

Nice little H28 there. I don't know about smilies but we need an Irony and a Shake your Head giff very badly.

I reckon it looks okay! An awful lot of the worst work's been done and at least with a stripped down boat, what you see is what you get. The cabin looks a bit odd but that might just be the effect of the wide angle lens. Anyway, altering the cabin isn't a very big job. If I wanted an H28, I'd look seriously at this one.

Rick

The h28 looks ok, from what I can see on the iPhone anyway, will have a better look later.

This Mandurah joint's not too bad eh! Good choice to park yourself Gary. Sitting in Murphy's pub watching the Paddys give the Kiwis a hurry up in the Union. Dont know anyone, but the Guinness is good, the Kiwis are restless, things could be a whole lot worse!
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Darn good match, Wales Aus......20-19. Too fast for any funny stuff.
    Aus by 1 pt. What a match. Won on a penalty after the siren. Poor Wales, over 40 years since a win in Aus and SO close!
    Last edited by skuthorp; 06-16-2012 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Larks View Post
    The h28 looks ok, from what I can see on the iPhone anyway, will have a better look later.

This Mandurah joint's not too bad eh! Good choice to park yourself Gary. Sitting in Murphy's pub watching the Paddys give the Kiwis a hurry up in the Union. Dont know anyone, but the Guinness is good, the Kiwis are restless, things could be a whole lot worse!
    Have you blokes met up yet?

First dry assembly of the keel today.
    Trump, a man who can't hold a coherent thought till the end of the sentence.

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post

Careful Gary, that thing could be dangerous and I don't think your 'working environment' would pass an H&S inspection. Oh, and don't do it by yourself please.

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Careful Gary, that thing could be dangerous and I don't think your 'working environment' would pass an H&S inspection. Oh, and don't do it by yourself please.
    Assembling Jeff, not fitting...big difference.

That's next month, fingers xed.

Not yet, but don't panic Gary, we will get a bit of an EBS happening soon. Between storms, clean ups and moving into my new unit last night and today things have been a bit busy for everyone and I'm off home next weekend so probably after that.
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

Quote Originally Posted by m2c1Iw View Post
    Seen this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Herreshof...item19d1fbb2f2 and please note the lack of smilie although I rather like using smilies I will check my enthusiasm.
    Any thoughts on the car in the background in the H28 pics? Stag?
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

I thought maybe early Merc sports with those darts over the front wheel arches?

Darn good match, Wales Aus......20-19. Too fast for any funny stuff.
    Aus by 1 pt. What a match. Won on a penalty after the siren. Poor Wales, over 40 years since a win in Aus and SO close!
    We went to the Wobblies v Scotland match - miserable in every way! Then we get two great matches with Wales. If Australia hadn't kept dropping the ball tonight, it would have been a big win. I like Wales but even though it was very close and Australia got out of gaol in the end, they were deserved winners I think. It's all looking promising - several big stars out but Australia still playing world class football. I'm hoping the forwards have FINALLY developed some cohesion!

Rick

I thought maybe early Merc sports with those darts over the front wheel arches?
    That's gotta be the one Jeff, that Merc was my first thought when I saw it but then when I went looking for something to compare it to, like the pic you posted, I figured I was dreaming some image up.
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    world class
    Antipodean
    foot
    boat connection.
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Point taken but one should be forgiven the occasional slip I think.
    Rick

We have a rule in our club here that we are not allowed to talk shop-infractions punished by a K2.00 fine, which goes into a box behind the bar, distributed to bar staff at the end of the year. Maybe we could have a rule on this thread that off topic posts are penalised by a donation to an appropriate charity. Which of course would have to be boat related, and which would have to have an on line donation facility. Whenever there is an infraction it could be "challenged" by someone posting the donation link.

I whiled away a bit of this morning reading some of the blogs which were referenced here a few pages back. Happened upon one which struck a chord. http://yachtnavire.blogspot.com.au/ I want to go now.

Boats.....I made a door today....boats...and I didn't get anything done on my boat.

Are u a matchmaker or something?
    Geez, I gotta wife y'know.

I'm off fence building, to enclose the boat.
    Last edited by GaryK; 06-17-2012 at 12:27 AM.

Meanwhile in Downtown Grantville a large council owned pine tree that they've been ignoring for some years despite it's lean has come down completely wrecking a friends side fence and his boat trailer, but the big FG boat got bounced off and seems to have suffered no damage. Of course the tree was fine till the electricity authority employed a contractor to clear the lines. He took nearly all the branches of one side, against my friends protestations and the tree developed a lean immediately. Electric Authority denied responsibility, council shregged and said " not us' and 'contractor' likewise and has of course moved.
    Work in progress I reckon. I might add my friend was denied permission to remove it at his own expense, and he kept the paperwork from the Arborist he paid.

Quote Originally Posted by GaryK View Post
    Are u a matchmaker or something?
    Geez, I gotta wife y'know.

I'm off fence building, to enclose the boat.

Meanwhile in Downtown Grantville a large council owned pine tree that they've been ignoring for some years despite it's lean has come down completely wrecking a friends side fence and his boat trailer, but the big FG boat got bounced off and seems to have suffered no damage. Of course the tree was fine till the electricity authority employed a contractor to clear the lines. He took nearly all the branches of one side, against my friends protestations and the tree developed a lean immediately. Electric Authority denied responsibility, council shregged and said " not us' and 'contractor' likewise and has of course moved.
    Work in progress I reckon. I might add my friend was denied permission to remove it at his own expense, and he kept the paperwork from the Arborist he paid.
    Might I suggest the LGA and power provider are mired in a very deep pit of the proverbial. Their next move might be to offer "mediation" so I'd suggest without tipping your hand you nod, smile sweetly while saving the relevant paper and a few stat decs for the definitive moment.

Best served cold!

Ordered epoxy, filler and dynel for the keel today. I was going to use fibreglass but figured dynel might be better and it would hurt to get some experience with it. Just in case I decide to do the hull one day.