Page 1223 of 1223 FirstFirst ... 22372311231173121312221223
Results 42,771 to 42,792 of 42792

Thread: Antipodean Boats Connection

Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

Yep, it's a commercially rated one from our Rosinante-owning friend.
    Has BigFella and SkyBlue on ignore.

I'm liking getting older. Just renewed my licence. I've been wearing glasses for 35 years. Did the eye test with them off. Passed first go. Don't need to wear 'em while driving now.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Isn't that Salamander? I thought your boat was at North Arm. Or isn't it Salamander? I don't recognise any of the boats and I can't really make out the background. It certainly was windy yesterday - about 30 knots all day. Supposed to be windy today but it's been quite light - just really wet!

Rick

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    On Saturday I was thinking of you. It would have a perfect day to have taken Jim out over the bar, it was flat.
    It'll happen, I'm not dead yet. I feel the same as ever, just a bit disappointed to be growing mushrooms again.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    Isn't that Salamander? I thought your boat was at North Arm. Or isn't it Salamander? I don't recognise any of the boats and I can't really make out the background. It certainly was windy yesterday - about 30 knots all day. Supposed to be windy today but it's been quite light - just really wet!

Rick
    The boat and pic are at Corlette until we arrange our own mooring. That's got to wait, since in the next three weeks we've got a move, our eldest's wedding in the US, and a new job.

We've decided we're damn happy to have the boat at Port Stephens; it's much less busy than I thought it would be and we're finding some lovely little spots.

I wish Port Stephens was closer, a lovely spot!
    Grateful Dead

It's never busy on the water at Port Stephens. It's not going to move Peter but you could.

Rick

I don't think management would allow that Rick.
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by RFNK View Post
    It's never busy on the water at Port Stephens. It's not going to move Peter but you could.

Rick
    Moreton Bay is much the same Rick, I've worked on the shore there and barely seen a sail.
    Grateful Dead

The weather here really has been ****e, and now it's official! So far in June, we have had just 13 hours and 48 minutes of sunshine, and only 6 days without rain.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/104...iest-june-ever

Talk about a bad time to decide that I really need to get off my arse, and get more exercise! In spite of the demotivational weather, I've managed to get a 6km run down from 45 minutes six weeks ago to 33 minutes tonight.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

A pretty good time Pete!
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    The weather here really has been ****e, and now it's official! So far in June, we have had just 13 hours and 48 minutes of sunshine, and only 6 days without rain.
    https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/104...iest-june-ever

Talk about a bad time to decide that I really need to get off my arse, and get more exercise! In spite of the demotivational weather, I've managed to get a 6km run down from 45 minutes six weeks ago to 33 minutes tonight.

Pete
    On flat ground that is a reasonable time. Anywhere in NZ that is an amazing time!

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Moreton Bay is much the same Rick, I've worked on the shore there and barely seen a sail.
    Quite a few motoring...stick insects.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    I've managed to get a 6km run down from 45 minutes six weeks

Pete
    I reckon I could run 6km in 45 minutes and six weeks. Just. If I tried really hard. Maybe with training, I could run 6km in five weeks and six days.
    Last edited by Chris249; 06-19-2018 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris249 View Post
    I reckon I could run 6km in 45 minutes and six weeks. Just. If I tried really hard. Maybe with training, I could run 6km in five weeks and six days.
    I reckon I could do in less time but I’d have to lay back with a book for at least a week afterwards to recuperate.
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

My running daze are over I think but I used to pound out 9 km along my road in around an hour 15m. Pretty slow but the road is hilly. Actually I preferred hills to flat going.
    Grateful Dead

I never run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if there are tigers?

Then I'd probably run. But they'd run faster. Provided I run faster than someone else that's OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Then I'd probably run. But they'd run faster. Provided I run faster than someone else that's OK.

Not if there's more than one tiger - just feed 'em plenty of chooks before you pat them. BTW... the males are more stable to be around than the females.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

There was a young lady of Niger
    Who smiled as she rode on a tiger;
    They returned from the ride
    With the lady inside,
    And the smile on the face of the tiger.

I had a lady on the back of the bike in Sumatra... taking me on a guided trip around Lake Maninjau.... about a 70km ride. At one stage the road had gone away from the lake, so I headed up some single track to see if we could get a decent photo looking down on the lake. Once signs of civilisation disappeared, she freaked (and no... she wasn't worried about me). Turned out she was petrified of the tigers. Didn't get the photo. Told me stories, she did... of farmers and tigers. The tigers won.

The one thing, eh?

Well worth visiting.