Page 1213 of 1213 FirstFirst ... 21371311131163120312121213
Results 42,421 to 42,432 of 42432

Thread: Antipodean Boats Connection

Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

The Webasto in our X5 provides the heat within seconds of a cold start in winter. Try offering the Gumtree wrecker $100 and see how you get on. They are a small unit. Without going out to the car to check, I'd say 200 x 150 x 150... there's a photo in the ebay advert I linked.

Simple... and use 12v electrics. It's what I'd use if I needed to heat a boat.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Nah that's OK, unless it was a fairly new Chineberspacher. But if you are going down to Arawana at all in the near future could you close my forehatch? Just realised I forgot.
    That would be why you need a heater!

Rick

Seabird's heater is a Taylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.
    Paperback E-book

Do you think it might be where the deck is leaking too?

Nah that's OK, unless it was a fairly new Chineberspacher. But if you are going down to Arawana at all in the near future could you close my forehatch? Just realised I forgot.

No probs, I'll msg when done.

When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.
    Paperback E-book

Thanks!

Do you think it might be where the deck is leaking too?
    Pretty good chance, I'd say! Keep a bucket under it and see.

Do these diesel heaters in cars and boats burn the diesel with a little electric element?

Our friend David has just offered to give me a water heater for Masina. Never been used, he reckons. I think it's just a little heat exchanger that attaches to the engine's heat exchanger outlet.

Rick

Rick

The chineberspachers have a glow plug on start up and then just create heat by combining diesel and oxygen. We have a 20 litre water heater. Runs of 240 volts or heat exchanger from the engine. Works great. Hot water when we've been motoring is just like magic.

One thing you can’t do with a junk rig.
    CE9542E8-F184-449C-9BA4-3BB959827650.jpg
    The definition of stupid has got to be the belief that more guns will negate the bloodshed done with guns.

I bet he wished he furled the Genoa a bit better.

Hey Dunc. Good to to see you mate. How's things?
    Bloody busy and very good!
    I think my prang really focused both my mind and sharpened my sense of business. My focus on Instagram as my main social media space (and my whole Modernist Garden Series you loved so much ) is paying off with jobs and I've got another strong possible project in Brisbane. I also went to the Landscape Australia Conference in Sydney a couple of weeks back and met the architect who's doing the evaporator site in Franklin. So maybe a Tassie project in the offing as well... At any rate I really think I'm due for a Hobart WB Festival visit next year!
    That plus I've been offered unfetted access to an archive in Florence of an Italian landscape architect for a possible exhibition of his work in Melbourne, and then seeing it travel to other cities as well! And wait! That's not all! I also have the beginnings of a lecturing gig at RMIT too!

The leg still hurts, but I think it's meant to for about another six months. Lots of broken bones, so I'm thinking the body's resources are a little stretched. But, if that's the worst, I'm pretty bloody lucky!

Nice tree plantings! Is that on that big block your friends bought or at yours?
    Jarndyce and Jarndyce

The Mighty Pippin
    Mirror 30141
    Looe
    Dragon KA93

Sounds veeeery good Duncan!

So when are we doing our remedial Melbourne highlights tour?

Rick