X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • auscruisertom
    • Mar 2011

Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

Originally posted by skuthorp
    Great to see jim on the water Tom. There'lll always be a bit of Peter's blood and sweat on board with you.
    Absolutely Jim embodies countless hours of dreaming ,planning and organising ,with a blend of craftsmanship and plain hard work.

Comment

• johnno
      sharpie sailor
      • Apr 2011

[QUOTE=auscruisertom;6436987]At the helm enjoying the moment and dreaming of our next adventure.
      QUOTE]

Great pic Tom. I hope to do the Green Island sail next year. Meanwhile there's the Bribie Classic and Noosa River Old Gaffers coming up in the next few weeks!
      Flat bottomed boats, you make the rockin' world go round.............

Comment

• auscruisertom
        • Mar 2011

[QUOTE=johnno;6437810]
        Originally posted by auscruisertom
        At the helm enjoying the moment and dreaming of our next adventure.
        QUOTE]

Great pic Tom. I hope to do the Green Island sail next year. Meanwhile there's the Bribie Classic and Noosa River Old Gaffers coming up in the next few weeks!
        Fantastic I looked at the Noosa Gaffers but ruled it out ,hopefully you can share some pictures of what it looks like.

I have attended the Bribie Classic several times and will look forward to meeting up with you there.

Guess I better pull out my finger and get her and the trailer sorted out properly.

Comment

• johnno
          sharpie sailor
          • Apr 2011

[QUOTE=auscruisertom;6437889]
          Originally posted by johnno

Fantastic I looked at the Noosa Gaffers but ruled it out ,hopefully you can share some pictures of what it looks like.

I have attended the Bribie Classic several times and will look forward to meeting up with you there.

Guess I better pull out my finger and get her and the trailer sorted out properly.
          Hi Tom, I doubt I'll have my boat and trailer ready for any of these events this year but will try to get to them all next year. This year I'll try to drive up to the Bribie and Noosa events and take some pics, and keep my eye out for you.

Comment

• auscruisertom
            • Mar 2011

[QUOTE=johnno;6437985]
            Originally posted by auscruisertom

Hi Tom, I doubt I'll have my boat and trailer ready for any of these events this year but will try to get to them all next year. This year I'll try to drive up to the Bribie and Noosa events and take some pics, and keep my eye out for you.
            Real good you guys are more than welcome to sail with Simon and myself from Bribie to Toorbul on Saturday where we have our lunch stop then returning around 2- 3.30 pm.

Comment

• johnno
              sharpie sailor
              • Apr 2011

[QUOTE=auscruisertom;6438013]
              Originally posted by johnno

Real good you guys are more than welcome to sail with Simon and myself from Bribie to Toorbul on Saturday where we have our lunch stop then returning around 2- 3.30 pm.
              Thank you very much Tom. I'll check in closer to the date to confirm I can make it, and message you here.

Comment

• Hallam
                • Feb 2012

Invested in an old 9 Ltr oak barrel. Bought it from an elderly gentleman in Warrandyte who also happened to have 4 bronze portlights and a large bronze rudder he was trying to sell.
                Im going to age a blend of Tawney and the younger Ruby port and will have the barrel ensconced in the boat when she's back in the water.

Boat is out for the new engine and gaff rig. Decided on Dyneema. The mast bowsprit gaff and boom are basically ready to fit but the rigging is what has to be done.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
                Bruce Cockburn

Comment

• RFNK
                  Port Stephens, Australia
                  • Feb 2007

That's quite a trailer!
                  Rick

Lean and nosey like a ferret

Comment

• auscruisertom
                    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Hallam
                    Invested in an old 9 Ltr oak barrel. Bought it from an elderly gentleman in Warrandyte who also happened to have 4 bronze portlights and a large bronze rudder he was trying to sell.
                    Im going to age a blend of Tawney and the younger Ruby port and will have the barrel ensconced in the boat when she's back in the water.

That lovely barrel cries out for a Party before being Esconce .Good luck with the dyneema

Comment

• WX
                      Uki NSW Australia
                      • Feb 2002

If you wanted to transport a 9 metre mast long distance how would you do it?
                      I'm thinking a car trailer with some sort of rack built on it high enough to allow forward overhang over the towing vehicle.
                      Without freedom of speech, we wouldn't know who the idiots are.

Comment

• MattSplatt
                        • Feb 2014

Originally posted by WX
                        I'm thinking a car trailer with some sort of rack built on it high enough to allow forward overhang over the towing vehicle.

Beach catamaran trailers have the mast arranged exactly as you describe. Maybe you can borrow a catamaran trailer.

Comment

• WX
                          Uki NSW Australia
                          • Feb 2002

Originally posted by MattSplatt
                          Beach catamaran trailers have the mast arranged exactly as you describe. Maybe you can borrow a catamaran trailer.
                          It's more for the guy buying Redwings mast and rig. He's in Gelong.

Comment

• skuthorp
                            • Jan 2002

I have a spare boat trailer with the mast attachment sitting idle he could borrow. In good order, Mini wheels and spare and new wiring and lights. Not registered though…………..

Big, spectacular thunder storm under way here, lightning and heavy rain. Lovely!

Boy! is it coming down hard!
                            Last edited by skuthorp; 05-02-2021, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• auscruisertom
                              • Mar 2011

Originally posted by WX
                              Theoretically even a mid sized boat trailer works as I found when I transported my pole mast from Sydney.

The problem I encountered in transporting my mast was the the spar traveling outside the perimeter of my vehicle around round abouts, and it could be arcing anywhere up to 1 to 2 meters outside the cars perimeter when executing a tight turn.

Grantqed a 6 m trailer would reduce the problems I encountered.

Comment

• WX
                                Uki NSW Australia
                                • Feb 2002

Originally posted by skuthorp
                                I have a spare boat trailer with the mast attachment sitting idle he could borrow. In good order, Mini wheels and spare and new wiring and lights. Not registered though…………..

Big, spectacular thunder storm under way here, lightning and heavy rain. Lovely!

Boy! is it coming down hard!
                                Thanks Jeff, I'll let him know.

Comment

Working...