Page 1104 of 1104 FirstFirst ... 10460410041054109411031104
Results 38,606 to 38,624 of 38624

Thread: Antipodean Boats Connection

Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

I'd heard that a couple of years ago. Growing old is a bitch !
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Portland View Post
    Seems like Transport WA has been busy , Adam too got caught not having renewing his car rego.
    A big fine , and the car had to go over a pit.
    I'm watching your boat repair with interest.
    Regards Rob J.

re
    Having no economy to speak of, SA pretty much relies on traffic fines to pay the bills. Every speed and red light camera, and every police car, is trained to pick up number plates of every passing car and check its rego. No rego? Big fine. Drive a lot? Really, really big fines, very quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    I'm home. It's cold wet and windy and the roads are flooded.
    Sounds like sailing

Sent from my ZTE T610 using Tapatalk
    When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.
    Paperback E-book

Quote Originally Posted by Portland View Post
    ... I'm watching your boat repair with interest...
    Regards Rob J.re
    Oooh!! Thank you for mentioning this! Somehow I wasn't subscribed to Larrikin's thread. I have some new stuff to read. :-)

Default Re: Oz Connection

Who'd have thought being an NZ citizen in Australia was such a scary thing! There is a bit of a delicious irony in there, if you are aware of the difference in the way our respective governments treat each others citizens .

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    Who'd have thought being an NZ citizen in Australia was such a scary thing! There is a bit of a delicious irony in there, if you are aware of the difference in the way our respective governments treat each others citizens .

Pete
    Theres a special thread for that. Let's keep the politics out of here. I did think my comment about SAs economy was sailing a bit close to the wind. My apologies.

Ordered my new depth sounder last night. Humminbird Piranha Max4.
    My take is that if you poke someone with a sharp stick they'll get annoyed, if you smile and shake their hand they will be your friends.

John Welsford

Local shark boat had a very close shave with total disaster, ran smack into the side of an oil tanker which was supposedly doing 20kts at the time. Daylight, but with wind driven rain,fog and sea spray.

Hmm , wonder if he can justify repairing that !.
    Rob J.

Bruce and I wondered the same thing. More damage below decks evidently. Then there's the matter of skills and facilities.

They call themselves luck they weren't run down.

There are still people around who could do the repair , but it would probably cost more than the boat is worth.
    Rob J.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    Theres a special thread for that. Let's keep the politics out of here. I did think my comment about SAs economy was sailing a bit close to the wind. My apologies.
    Sorry. I dont bother looking there very often, as the content is mostly irrelevant this side of Tassy, and didn't think to this time.

Pete
    Don't underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers!

[QUOTE=Larks;5315132

If I’d changed the rego to Qld when I first got back I wouldn’t be in this strife........bloody ijit!!![/QUOTE]

Since Queensland discontinued its use of Registration stickers on the front windshield ,another revenue avenue has been opened up.
    Nellie's received a $350 fine coming into Bundy last year needless to say no use arguing that the registration reminder notice did not get mailed out.

Quote Originally Posted by auscruisertom View Post
    Since Queensland discontinued its use of Registration stickers on the front windshield ,another revenue avenue has been opened up.
    Nellie's received a $350 fine coming into Bundy last year needless to say no use arguing that the registration reminder notice did not get mailed out.
    Same in WA Tom, in fact they removed the stickers before Qld, hence my not noticing the same way that Nellie didn't
    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    I moved them into a shared folder but didn't repost all of them.
    The ones in #38561 have now disappeared for me, Gary. I could see them before, and now I can't. I reckon I tried all possible combinations and permutations of Google Photos to post links here, and nothing worked consistently.

Somebody suggested setting up a blog (Google has Blogspot, which ties in well with Google Photos and is super-easy to use) and if you post the photos there first, and use links from there, they will show up here on the forums.

So, I tried it, and it seems to work (you need to put them in a "Shared" Folder on Google Photos, and "share" them with the world, for them to show up for others in Blogspot - otherwise you can see them yourself, but others can't) . In the exercise, I ended up with my first blog, something I never thought I would do.

In addition, the admin here managed accidentally to delete my Fair Maid thread when getting rid of masses of Chinese spam last week (the entire first page of Building/Repair was new, one-post, threads in Chinese characters!). So the Fair Maid Blog ended up being useful!

Cheers,
    John.

Example photo, shared from Google Photos to Blogspot, and from there to here:

Quote Originally Posted by epoxyboy View Post
    Sorry. I dont bother looking there very often, as the content is mostly irrelevant this side of Tassy, and didn't think to this time.

Pete
    All good, you just have to shout a round at the bar some time.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquinian View Post
    The ones in #38561 have now disappeared for me, Gary. I could see them before, and now I can't. I reckon I tried all possible combinations and permutations of Google Photos to post links here, and nothing worked consistently.

Somebody suggested setting up a blog (Google has Blogspot, which ties in well with Google Photos and is super-easy to use) and if you post the photos there first, and use links from there, they will show up here on the forums.

So, I tried it, and it seems to work (you need to put them in a "Shared" Folder on Google Photos, and "share" them with the world, for them to show up for others in Blogspot - otherwise you can see them yourself, but others can't) . In the exercise, I ended up with my first blog, something I never thought I would do.

In addition, the admin here managed accidentally to delete my Fair Maid thread when getting rid of masses of Chinese spam last week (the entire first page of Building/Repair was new, one-post, threads in Chinese characters!). So the Fair Maid Blog ended up being useful!

Cheers,
    John.

Example photo, shared from Google Photos to Blogspot, and from there to here:

I should put a blog together I think. I do need to finish writing up the last trip first though.
    My take is that if you poke someone with a sharp stick they'll get annoyed, if you smile and shake their hand they will be your friends.

John Welsford

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    I should put a blog together I think. I do need to finish writing up the last trip first though.
    You should!!

When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.
    Paperback E-book

Quote Originally Posted by brucemoffatt View Post
    You should!!

I will finish it tomorrow and sort out the photos to go with it. I want to see if Cruising Helmsman will pick it up. The Junk Rig Assoc. want a write up for their mag anyway.

BTW I've been working on headwalls on our new creek crossing with a few of the other residents from both communities. I'll put up a couple of photos tomorrow of our work.

John Welsford