Page 1103 of 1105 FirstFirst ... 103603100310531093110211031104 ... LastLast
Results 38,571 to 38,605 of 38643

Thread: Antipodean Boats Connection

Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

Those in the original post are visible to me.
    My take is that if you poke someone with a sharp stick they'll get annoyed, if you smile and shake their hand they will be your friends.

John Welsford

Quote Originally Posted by WX View Post
    an people see this?

No..
    Larks

“It’s impossible”, said pride.
    “It’s risky”, said experience.
    “It’s pointless”, said reason.
    “Give it a try”, whispered the heart.

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

Quote Originally Posted by Larks View Post
    No..
    How about this Greg? I'm trying Postimg.org.
    My take is that if you poke someone with a sharp stick they'll get annoyed, if you smile and shake their hand they will be your friends.

John Welsford

That's there for me, Post Image works for me too.
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Yep I can see that ( and I'm interested)
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great!"

The postimg.org one is fine.

[QUOTE=PeterSibley;5311730]The images on #38545 & 6 are visible for me but none of the others.[/QUOTE
    How does Peter even know what I can and can't see. Downright spooky

Postimg is working for me.
    So Peter, a salvage job coming on?

gumtree

Okay Greg here's a few more.

John Welsford

And a repost of the photos of the container house I've been working on.

John Welsford

Pretty cool on both counts. What’s the plan with the band saw? Is it for sale and are you looking at buying it?

re the container building - I did one for a cattle station just out of Alice pretty much exactly like that, but with the trusses out of timber and extending about 2 metres outside the containers as well to shade the walls. At either end I built two sets of big double skin insulated barn doors almost the full width of the openings so that they could be opened right up for a completely open main living area. The outside of the doors was clad in mini-orb and the insides in a varnished ply skin - they looked pretty cool and worked really well.
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

That bandsaw is a serious bit of gear though it would need heavy support gear to load logs .
    Grateful Dead

Pretty cool on both counts. What’s the plan with the band saw? Is it for sale and are you looking at buying it?

re the container building - I did one for a cattle station just out of Alice pretty much exactly like that, but with the trusses out of timber and extending about 2 metres outside the containers as well to shade the walls. At either end I built two sets of big double skin insulated barn doors almost the full width of the openings so that they could be opened right up for a completely open main living area. The outside of the doors was clad in mini-orb and the insides in a varnished ply skin - they looked pretty cool and worked really well.
    I have no designs on the bandsaw, I can find out if it's for sale if you like? It's on Russell Island. The trusses are 8 x 2 treated pine stained with a jarrah stain.

John Welsford

Grateful Dead

I was impressed with the facilities at Ronald McDonald House yesterday, in Newcastle. What a great service - supported by the obvious, along with an extensive cast of others, both business and private. Friends were there while their baby went through another battery of tests at the hospital.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Quote Originally Posted by The Bigfella View Post
    I was impressed with the facilities at Ronald McDonald House yesterday, in Newcastle. What a great service - supported by the obvious, along with an extensive cast of others, both business and private. Friends were there while their baby went through another battery of tests at the hospital.
    There was one just down the street from my old house, which was near a children's hospital. When the hospital moved, the RM house did, too. The new hospital and RM house are way better than the old, I'm happy to,say. Magnificent places, really, as they should be. It's kids.
    A grand use of money, too, I think.

Peace,
    Robert

Rick, which weather site are you using to forecast on Bruce's thread ? The BOM ? http://www.bom.gov.au/nsw/forecasts/byroncoast.shtml
    Last edited by PeterSibley; 08-13-2017 at 02:59 AM.
    Grateful Dead

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    There was one just down the street from my old house, which was near a children's hospital. When the hospital moved, the RM house did, too. The new hospital and RM house are way better than the old, I'm happy to,say. Magnificent places, really, as they should be. It's kids.
    A grand use of money, too, I think.

Peace,
    Robert
    Yeah, kids in need. Hopefully, this kid will come good. He failed his first hearing test. They say he has about 50% hearing and will need hearing aids.... and he ain't even 2 months old yet.
    "Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome and charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime" Mark Twain... so... Carpe the living sh!t out of the Diem

I'd rather look back at my life and say "I can't believe I did that" instead of being there saying "I wish I'd done that"

Saw our first fireflies for the year tonight.

John Welsford

Must be some serious waves in WA at the moment - washed off a 10 metre cliff!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-1...narvon/8803042

There's always a big one coming. Rock fishing is right up there with free climbing when it comes to danger .
    Grateful Dead

Major warnings out for a very big front coming along in WA.

And 91 volcanoes identified under the Antarctic ice, Mostly the weight of the ice dampens such volcanoes down, like Greenland.

I was going to take part in the Tumbulgum Fingal yacht race next weekend but im not going to be ready in time.

John Welsford

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post

And 91 volcanoes identified under the Antarctic ice, Mostly the weight of the ice dampens such volcanoes down, like Greenland.
    ...maybe they are the cause of global warming and sea level rise?
    If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question

Quote Originally Posted by skuthorp View Post
    Major warnings out for a very big front coming along in WA.

And I bet it comes right through Adelaide just as we get home from 10 days in the tropics.

Phil did you buy that touring bike?

Sent from my ZTE T610 using Tapatalk
    When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.
    Paperback E-book

Quote Originally Posted by brucemoffatt View Post
    Phil did you buy that touring bike?

Sent from my ZTE T610 using Tapatalk
    I had a sit on one the other day - same model Honda. Silly custom seat on it... cost big bucks apparently, but it didn't suit me. The bikes are somewhat larger and heavier than I'm used to.... three times the weight of my 613 KTM.

[QUOTE=brucemoffatt;5314814]Phil did you buy that touring bike?

Sent from my ZTE T610 using Tapatalk[/QUOTE
    Not yet. The seller is working on the tcs abs issue and I am
    hopeful

Warning.... boat content.

I snapped this pic of a picture yesterday. Its hanging in the Settlers Arms Inn at St Albans, on the Macdonald River. I noticed that there's also a Wharf Street in town.... so presumably, this is one of the early river boats and the Macdonald was navigable to the town in those days. It looks a bit silted up for that, these days.

I'm home. It's cold wet and windy and the roads are flooded.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Y View Post
    I'm home. It's cold wet and windy and the roads are flooded.
    Welcome home Phil, meanwhile I’ve been out buying fans to fit in the shed - something like 27-28deg here today, 28 forecast for tomorrow and 30 Thursday.

And I’m now waiting for my third stuff up of the day/week: instead of getting a full days work on the boat I’ve spent half of it on the phone to Transport WA - it seems I’ve been a naughty boy without realising it and at best a very negligent and silly boy.......all my own fault:

I left the ute registered in WA because I’ve been all over the shop since I left, i.e. back in WA again, Vietnam, Darwin, WA again briefly, then expecting to go to Canberra or even WA again - so it hasn’t been worth changing over to Qld without any real confidence that I’d be here long before having to change it again.......

I had advised transport WA of my Qld address and had a return email confirming receipt and that it was being processed. I received a fine notice by mail for not returning trailer rego plates, which I had actually done and so the fine was cancelled, so it was apparent that my change of address was in place with Transport WA.

However when I was driving back from Bunnings today I realised that I’ve not seen a rego renewal notice for some time so I jumped online to check it and it came up that my vehicle rego has expired......what tha???

So rang Transport WA who kindly advised me that my rego had indeed expired and that rego renewal notices had been sent to my Mandurah address, along with a fine notice for not returning the vehicle plates within 3 months of the rego expiring......$210.00

I argued that I’d advised a change of address and she agreed that it was on file when she referenced the trailer rego, which was linked to the vehicle, but that it hadn’t been changed on the vehicle rego details.......huh????? ........but that regardless, keeping track of my rego renewal is my responsibility.......................and fair enough too I suppose.

If I’d changed the rego to Qld when I first got back I wouldn’t be in this strife........bloody ijit!!!
    Larks

LPBC Beneficiary

Is this a trailer movie or a movie trailer??
    Flat bottomed boats, you make the rockin' world go round.............

Seems like Transport WA has been busy , Adam too got caught not having renewing his car rego.
    A big fine , and the car had to go over a pit.
    I'm watching your boat repair with interest.
    Regards Rob J.

re
    Welcome home Phil, meanwhile I’ve been out buying fans to fit in the shed - something like 27-28deg here today, 28 forecast for tomorrow and 30 Thursday.

And I’m now waiting for my third stuff up of the day/week: instead of getting a full days work on the boat I’ve spent half of it on the phone to Transport WA - it seems I’ve been a naughty boy without realising it and at best a very negligent and silly boy.......all my own fault:

I left the ute registered in WA because I’ve been all over the shop since I left, i.e. back in WA again, Vietnam, Darwin, WA again briefly, then expecting to go to Canberra or even WA again - so it hasn’t been worth changing over to Qld without any real confidence that I’d be here long before having to change it again.......

I had advised transport WA of my Qld address and had a return email confirming receipt and that it was being processed. I received a fine notice by mail for not returning trailer rego plates, which I had actually done and so the fine was cancelled, so it was apparent that my change of address was in place with Transport WA.

However when I was driving back from Bunnings today I realised that I’ve not seen a rego renewal notice for some time so I jumped online to check it and it came up that my vehicle rego has expired......what tha???

So rang Transport WA who kindly advised me that my rego had indeed expired and that rego renewal notices had been sent to my Mandurah address, along with a fine notice for not returning the vehicle plates within 3 months of the rego expiring......$210.00

I argued that I’d advised a change of address and she agreed that it was on file when she referenced the trailer rego, which was linked to the vehicle, but that it hadn’t been changed on the vehicle rego details.......huh????? ........but that regardless, keeping track of my rego renewal is my responsibility.......................and fair enough too I suppose.

If I’d changed the rego to Qld when I first got back I wouldn’t be in this strife........bloody ijit!!!

Bit shocked to find out today that Larry Pardy has dementia.

John Welsford