Page 1176 of 1176 FirstFirst ... 17667610761126116611751176
Results 41,126 to 41,142 of 41142

Thread: Antipodean Boats Connection

Default Re: Antipodean Boats Connection

Ask someone to run that thread up a little ?
    '' You ain't gonna learn what you don't want to know. ''
    Grateful Dead

Here is an aerial view of the whole shebang.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe a company called Coopers make a product called Dr Tim's that is designed to help in your situation Phil.

Sent from a phone.
    When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.
    Paperback E-book

Quote Originally Posted by PeterSibley View Post
    Ask someone to run that thread up a little ?

I suppose. The original seems to be bronze. The replacement is stainless. Best go back to bronze I reckon. The nuts are bronze too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by brucemoffatt View Post
    I believe a company called Coopers make a product called Dr Tim's that is designed to help in your situation Phil.

Sent from a phone.
    I prefer Southwark, but all Imhad on board was some local perry and that silly beer you put a slice of lemon in. So I did some fluid replacement, making do with materials on hand, and then went down to the beach, just the other side of the breakwater for a swim. Gotta be one of the best beaches in the world. 4.30 Friday afternoon, 30C, gentle breeze. White sand. 3 people and a dog when I got there, and they left.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Had a lovely swim in crystal clear water, watching this thing head out to sea.

image.jpg

image.jpg

It was a gorgeous afternoon. Very nearly threw off the dock lines and headed for KI.

I understand the physics but my mind still wants one of those car carriers to just roll over on its side.

Our reroofing of the house has been set back a couple of days by the prediction of rain.

Sent from a phone.
    When I first joined WBF they made me write a book to prove I was a real yachty. I was so gullible.
    Paperback E-book

Phil, Nth Haven Fuel & Marine have the packing, old style and Teflon, bought a little myself, anyway go there and get a couple of machine screws or some stainless threaded rod, 2 nuts and 2 lock washers. Cut heads of machine screws or cut 2 equal lengths of threaded rod, lock 2 nuts together on one end, insert and tighten, the rest you know. Would be nice to have proper studs, United at Wingfield maybe or you could buy some silicon bronze rod from Classic Boat Sydney and I can thread this for you.

I try and support the above shop, recently taken over by a couple and would be good to see them succeed, after a while you should get a discount and they will get stuff in for you. Try and avoid Whitworths, not local, Rope & Marine waste of time, Taylors ok, but commercial fishing orientated
    the invisible man........

Thanks Adrian, I'll give them a go. That's where I usually go as they are nearby. Probably worth getting the packing, if only to encourage me to get back in there and finish the job. I seem to remember that when I did my packing on my old steel boat I managed to buy a special tool to pull the old stuff out with. Kind of a cross between a corkscrew and a drain cleaner. Anyone?

Come to think of it I have some spare bolts of the right size, as the other job I did yesterday was to take the wind vane mounting brackets off the transom. I can cut the heads off a couple of those.

Just going to say again how much I appreciate your help the other day. As I think I mentioned it's more a confidence thing than anything else. I pin it back to a few years ago when I got quite unwell. Prior to that I'd have a go at pretty much anything and usually work it out. Since then there's a lot less risk taking and a lot more anxiety and procrastination. Drives Felicity up the wall.

I also took a bigger socket set down and properly tightened those bolts on the flexible drive and the ones under the thrust bearing. Having done that I think I'm going to fully separate the flex drive as a final check on the alignment. On a roll.
    Last edited by Phil Y; 02-23-2018 at 04:09 PM.

I understand the physics but my mind still wants one of those car carriers to just roll over on its side.

Our reroofing of the house has been set back a couple of days by the prediction of rain.

Sent from a phone.
    I don't even understand the physics of it.

Our cottage as I like to call it is unroofed at the moment. Trying to keep a big tarp on it. We are framing up the new room on Tuesday/Wednesday. Little bit excited.

Being without a roof up this way would be damp! We've had 270 mm so far and it's showing no sign of stopping.

I hope it works out OK Bruce.
    Grateful Dead

Sent from a phone.
    Bruce, see the thread I started in misc boats.

Quote Originally Posted by John B View Post
    Good move . What were you doing down thar , Grant?
    Just a few days away, as I had never been to the West Coast we flew to Christchurch, and next morning took the Tranz Alpine train across to Greymouth, picked up a rental car and then a night in Hokitika, then a drive up to Nelson for a couple of nights.

Going through the Alps on the train was amazing,the tv commercial sold us! Nelson has a good vibe, I can see why it has had a lot of growth in recent years.

For those that havent seen the commercial:
    There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

I haven't been the EnZed for 45 years, it looks wonderful!
    Grateful Dead

Yes we took that train with our 1st son 25 years ago then like you hired a car and drove north.
    We stayed at Reefton then continued through the Nelson Lakes National Park to Picton.
    We took the ferry back to Wellington where we had left our car with family.
    I would love to do that trip again one day.
    I once thought I was wrong, but I was wrong, I wasn't wrong.

It is lovely through there. The first time I went to the west coast was a surfing trip, 1974. We hitched from Christchurch and were picked up by a bunch of locals who had a batch at Arthurs Pass.We stayed there for a couple of days then hitched across to Hokitika. We tried hitching south but there was just no traffic so we got a bus to Fox Glacier and stayed there a couple of days, then caught the bus through Haast Pass to Queenstown. We've driven the same route since - still beautiful, just a bit more traffic and fewer shared bridges now. Nelson is nice, especially the areas on the hills with fantastic views to the north.

Rick

Call out today around 1pm, a yacht with engine trouble off Point Danger. It's pouring with rain and just not a nice day. We get down towards the bar and here's the yacht motoring up the river...nice of him to let us know was the comment from the tower. I didn't say what I thought because you don't know who is listening.
    20180224_130752.jpg

20180224_131505.jpg
    Liberalism, the Nazis were shouting from the rooftops, meant weakness: James Holland

Finally managed to check up on WB late this afternoon after three weeks of tearing our house apart. She was happily bopping away on her mooring squeaky clean after receiving well over 200 mm of rain.

Despite some setbacks including this complex recessed wall which I was informed about after building the first one the newly built kitchen and renovation is progressing.

[IMG][/IMG]