When we re-engine Olinka from a 4108 to a Perkins M65 , the new engine did not fit . First I had to make a new bell housing , with the starter raised 20 degrees ( old bell housing had starter at 3 o'clock ) , and 2 inches shorter , to fit between the ribs . Oh and this engine switch was done in the water .
These first 2 pictures are hanging the bell housing to find where the rear mounts go .
We made wood patterns before making bronze mounts . We made sure to use old mount holes and tide to the steel floors .
Here you can see the new bronze mounts , and also how close the starter is to the ribs .