Thread: Switters

Default Switters

How was the hunting trip?
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: Switters

Disclaimer:

no elk were harmed in the making of this years hunting trip. Some brook trout were caught and released.

The scenery was great, the weather was great, the company of family was great, the fishing was getting great, but no one saw a legal bull to shoot at.

Everyone got to experience at least on flat tire and the nephew got his first tire chains experience. I broke with tradition and put them on half a mile before we needed them so he doesn't think that the chains are a big deal, also taught him some basic fly casting.

I did not take pictures this year, sorry.

After riding my bike a lot the past year it was very nice to get a pack and rifle on and not worry about how far I could go or how much it would hurt, I have not hunted at this level of physical condition in about 6 years. The long romantic walks in the woods with my rifle were very enjoyable.

Thanks for asking,
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues

Where were you? What altitude?
    Quote Originally Posted by switters View Post
    The long romantic walks in the woods with my rifle were very enjoyable.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

North of Dunton Colorado by about 5 miles hunting the fish creek and cold creek drainages. Google earth tells me camp was at 10,200. 3749'0.32"N
    108 7'27.88"W This would be a great spot to camp in the summer also if someone were going through Colorado and wanted to escape the KOA, pay to camp experience. There are some very nice maintained campgrounds nearby o n the Dolores River.
    Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business.
    TOM ROBBINS, Even Cowgirls Get the Blues