Thread: Hartley 30

I have seen the link on the hartlay boat plans web site, however other than this there seems to be no other information available on this type of boat. Does anyone know anything about it, how it sails, if it is a capaable offshore sailer, does anyone own one?

Not sure about a Hartley 30, but a Hartley 32 went round the world on a record breaking solo non stop circumnavigation:

http://members.shaw.ca/petersfreeman...ng/sailing.htm

It's a different kind of boat (Full displacement keel instead of centerboard) but the Hartley name has a large amount of repsect in the Kiwi region, and so you could probably email colin brooks directly and ask him to recommend you to an owner.

http://www.hartley-boats.com/

help@hartley-boats.com

[ 02-15-2005, 08:56 AM: Message edited by: TimothyB ]

The design has caught my eye, as well. The flush deck with standing headroon sounds like it would create a very large cabin space inside. My experience with hartley is that trying to get any info from them that isn't already in the scanty description at the website is on par with pulling teeth. I even bought study plans for another of their designs and it still did not include basic info such as the ballast arrangement and hartley did not answer my emails when I asked. But good luck.

Wrote an email.......
    WAITING..............

Colin is a Kiwi, and he is a busy guy, so you might not get a reply right away, but he always replied to my inquiries.