Thread: Looking for info on J. Gengler

Default Looking for info on J. Gengler

Anyone know anything about a boat designer named J. Gengler? I believe that he's from Minnesota or Michigan. A few years ago I saw a picture and description of a 15 foot outboard skiff called "Redfin" that he designed and it has stuck with me. I'm thinking of builiding a boat in that size range and woudl like to know if plans for the 'Redfin" are available.
    I rather be an American than a Republican.

Default Re: Looking for info on J. Gengler

Hello,

It looks like your post is (exactly!) 10 years old today, so I don’t know if you’re still interested in this subject or not…but, I have a complete set of Gengler plans (still in the mailing tube, unused) that I just found while cleaning out our house (of 49 years) in Greensboro, NC to sell. It may be just what you asked about, or similar. It’s called “Whitefin 15”.

Would you be interested in these?

Regarding his location, it was Plainfield, WI.

Thanks,
    Lex Garey
    Attached Images Attached Images

I built his Whitefin 22 launching in 2005. This picture taken this week on Rainy Lake in Voyageurs National Park. When I last contacted him about 10 years ago he told me that he thought mine was the only one completed to that design that he was aware of. I no longer have his specific contact information but the above address is where I found him then.

IMG_5794.jpg

Bruce

^ Nice!

Kevin
    There are two kinds of boaters: those who have run aground, and those who lie about it.

Wow! That is a nice looking boat. And a beautiful setting.

I guess the original poster (BrianY) isn’t using this forum much anymore.

Enjoy your boat!

Quote Originally Posted by hnsbrc View Post
    I built his Whitefin 22 launching in 2005. This picture taken this week on Rainy Lake in Voyageurs National Park. When I last contacted him about 10 years ago he told me that he thought mine was the only one completed to that design that he was aware of. I no longer have his specific contact information but the above address is where I found him then.

IMG_5794.jpg

Bruce