Did I hear a cue?
Here's how to post photos on this forum:
First - don't attach photos. Only a tiny version will display.
Second - Post the photos on the web. Use your own website, or a free image hosting service like www.flickr.com
, picturetrail, photobucket, etc.
Once posted on the web, right-click the photo to copy the URL (web address). Always test first by pasting the photo URL into the location field (http:// ) of a web browser and see if the photo displays.
(Flickr only - You usually have to first click the photo to bring up the black-framed viewer, then click the VIEW ALL SIZES link near the top right. Then you can get the URL by right-clicking the image. If you don't want the largest size (displayed) you can then click another option in the 'Available sizes" links above the image.)
Third - once posted on the web, try this procedure while logged in to this Forum:
1. Click the "Private Messages" link in the browser window in the top left of the menu bar.
2. Click the "General Settings" link about 2/3 down the left column under "My Account".
3. At the bottom of the next page in "Misc Options", select "Enhanced Interface" from the pulldown list. Click the SAVE CHANGES button.
4. Once this interface has been selected, in any "Reply" window you can click the "insert photo" icon --> a little yellow square icon with a dot at each corner, a tiny tree icon in the center.
5. Once the window titled "Add an Image" comes up, click the "From URL" tab, paste the URL of the photo in the field, deselect the box for "Retrieve remote file and reference locally", then click the "INSERT IMAGE" button.
If unsure of the procedure, test first by pasting the photo URL into the location field (http:// ) of a web browser.
Remember, the PHOTO URL will end in .jpg, not .htm or html. URLs ending in .htm are the page that the image is on, not the photo location itself. If the photo URL ends in other code, try deleting everything after the "xxxxxx.jpg" part of the URL to get it to display on web forums.