Thread: Save This Boat! Please!

Default Save This Boat! Please!

Hi Everyone
    I am writing this forum in desperation. I was the owner of a 1966 Pacemaker Sport Fisherman. When my situation went south I was forced to give her up. The gentleman who took her over was going to do a lot of work to bring her back (he was even going to let me help him and teach me how to do the work). I just found out Saturday that after much debate he has decided that it would take too much to see the project through. The plan now is to have the boat chopped up and put into a dumpster. It's killing me to think of this. My only desire is to somehow save this ole girl from being destroyed. I feel I have failed and yet another piece of boating history is going to be lost forever.
    Please please is there anything that can be done. Isn't there someone or some organization that can stop this from happening!
    The boat is scheduled to be destroyed this week. Time is of most importance.

Sincerely
    Charles Fortescue

Default Re: Save This Boat! Please!

Photos, location etc!

More info here:
    http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthre...ight=pacemaker

Also a thread in building/repair

The Boat is a 1966 Pacemaker Sport Fisherman 39' and is presently on the hard in Bayville NJ at deRouville's Boat Yard.
    This is a link to many pictures:
    http://s480.photobucket.com/albums/r...ue/The%20Boat/

If the new owner has determined that it is too much work to restore her, then it probably is. If this was boat with provenance, or a custom build, it might be worth it. As it is, it's a production boat, and would cost probably five times what she's worth to restore her. Been there, done that. Sorry about your luck, but this is not an uncommon situation.

Hello, am I too late to save this vessel. If not send me contact info to roathhosting@yahoo.com. Place subject of save boat

Wow!

Wow indeed. What's the picture supposed to show us?

She's dead, Charles. Time to let her go with dignity and peace. Any more money or resources spent on that boat would have been a reckless and irrational waste. There are other patients out there who would much better respond to treatment. It's time for triage and to move on.

The problem - I speak from sad experience - is that a dead boat is some tons of hazardous waste. If you have even a shred of environmental responsibility, you'll be saving your sheqels for that shockingly large expense. Regrettably, all too many follow Frank Winter’s example, but with boats like this that are not even scenic.