Page 114 of 115 FirstFirst ... 1464104113114115 LastLast
Results 3,956 to 3,990 of 4023

Thread: Are You Ready For Some... Football?

Thumbs up Re: Are You Ready For Some... Football?

Quote Originally Posted by David G View Post
    If I were king.

'bama would Right Now be disqualified and the Marijuana-Helmets would be declared the winners.

Keep calm, persistence beats resistance.

Default Re: Are You Ready For Some... Football?

Speaking of targeting, it's too bad Fields was in such tough shape from his hit by Clemson's Smalski (an obvious, intentional targeting which some sleazy NFL coach will think was wonderful) - but the OSU D simply couldn't handle Alabama.
    "If it ain't broke, you're not trying." - Red Green

Quote Originally Posted by Garret View Post
    Speaking of targeting, it's too bad Fields was in such tough shape from his hit by Clemson's Smalski (an obvious, intentional targeting which some sleazy NFL coach will think was wonderful) - but the OSU D simply couldn't handle Alabama.
    Nobody could much this year.

One of the things I find a bit amazing, and quite admirable about Saban is his ability to grow and adapt.

Remember when 'bama was the epitome of SEC 'ground & pound' football. "If you don't let 'em score none, you don't NEED much of an offense". But he was ahead of the curve when he got chummy with Chip Kelly and decided offense was a good thing. And see where it has them... out ahead of things again.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

One of the things I find a bit amazing, and quite admirable about Saban is his ability to grow and adapt.
    greatest college football coach of all time?

one of the things i find most amazing is it seems like heís highly introverted to the point of being shy even; yet he has amazing people and team building skills - Iím not just talking about the players and how he develops, molds, and coaches them; but this man leads an organization of hundreds assistants and other staffers and 20 to 30 percent of his key people leave every year to further their own careers and he rebuilds every year

i also thought it especially notable this year to see sarkisianís continued focus and loyalty to this alabama team and these players after being named the texas coach
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    greatest college football coach of all time?

one of the things i find most amazing is it seems like he’s highly introverted to the point of being shy even; yet he has amazing people and team building skills - I’m not just talking about the players and how he develops, molds, and coaches them; but this man leads an organization of hundreds assistants and other staffers and 20 to 30 percent of his key people leave every year to further their own careers and he rebuilds every year

i also thought it especially notable this year to see sarkisian’s continued focus and loyalty to this alabama team and these players after being named the texas coach
    Yes to all of that.

Sarkisian seems to be on a mission from god... to prove the accuracy of the Peter Principle.

He should stick around and do the job he is so good at, instead of trying to be a HC... which it seems he's very bad at.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Sarkisian was so young for those early coaching jobs. Hell, heís still pretty young to be Texasí head coach. I wish him luck. It shouldnít be*, but thatís gonna be a tough gig.

* coaching texas should be like coaching alabama, plenty of money, plenty of tv, top notch facilities, great fans and boosters, fertile recruiting grounds

super high expectations

Sarkisian was so young for those early coaching jobs. Hell, he’s still pretty young to be Texas’ head coach. I wish him luck. It shouldn’t be*, but that’s gonna be a tough gig.

* coaching texas should be like coaching alabama, plenty of money, plenty of tv, top notch facilities, great fans and boosters, fertile recruiting grounds

super high expectations
    Betcha a nickle he flops again. My theory is that he's just not emotionally/psychologically suited to the role. You in? Can you afford that much? <G>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

coaching texas is gonna be like coaching alabama in that success is only measured in championships
    its gonna be a very difficult job
    i like sarkisian, but goddammit i really dislike texas

coaching texas is gonna be like coaching alabama in that success is only measured in championships
    its gonna be a very difficult job
    i like sarkisian, but goddammit i really dislike texas
    Weasel words. The world is filled with weaselywordiness. You got a nickle in your pocket or doncha?

Yeah, I'm no Texas fan, either. They haven't been a top-10 program for a long time... and yet they stupidly insit they're top-5. As you said... all those advantages. And yet they go, again and again, for the coaching home run. But that's Texas... in general.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

In the pro ranks, it appears that Jacksonville is due going to attempt some Urban Renewal...
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

A comparison between Texas and Alabama: so Sark wants to hire Jeff Banks, Bamaís special teams and tight ends coach, who is an excellent recruiter, especially in Texas. He makes about $300k to work at Alabama. No big deal. Texas pays him one million dollars. Boom, he gone. Think Texas isnít serious about this?

So how does Nick Saban respond? By hiring former Houston/Texas A&M/Arizona head coach Kevin Sumlin to take Bankís place, a brilliant offensive mind who is also an excellent recruiter. He may not be able to outspend them, but Nick Saban stays ahead of the curve constantly.

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'

In the pro ranks, it appears that Jacksonville is due going to attempt some Urban Renewal...
    So they too can ignore sexual predators & general jerks on their team they way he did @ OSU?

It would seem a fathers love knows no limits. This project was entirely of Gordo’s design. Size, layout, materials... the whole shebang.

FBB495AF-C53B-48E9-990D-A38735080C64.jpg

Every game he’s attended since he was five.

Of course, it’s not all bad...

0895EEB1-DE10-433E-BCE5-F69FE55094CD.jpg

The infamous “Whoa! He has troubled with the snap!”

And this game,
    702D8558-AE38-4307-A87F-62641B4DB0C8.jpg
    where Kat was accosted by that drunk guy who wanted to get his picture taken with her so that he could post it on the Internet.

She was understandably hesitant at first, but then the drunk said that he’d been texting with her husband and she was cool with it.

Ain’t the world a wonderful place?
    Last edited by Beowolf; 01-23-2021 at 05:35 PM.
    \"A little too tall, coulda used a few pounds...\"

Quote Originally Posted by Beowolf View Post
    It would seem a fathers love knows no limits. This project was entirely of Gordoís design. Size, layout, materials... the whole shebang.

FBB495AF-C53B-48E9-990D-A38735080C64.jpg

Every game heís attended since he was five.

Of course, itís not all bad...

0895EEB1-DE10-433E-BCE5-F69FE55094CD.jpg

The infamous ďWhoa! He has troubled with the snap!Ē

And this game,
    702D8558-AE38-4307-A87F-62641B4DB0C8.jpg
    where Kat was accosted by that drunk guy who wanted to get his picture taken with her so that he could post it on the Internet.

She was understandably hesitant at first, but then the drunk said that heíd been texting with her husband and she was cool with it.

Ainít the world a wonderful place?

Okay, I admit to not knowing a bunch about football, but that is a lot of Ms for a Spartan to have on the wall.

lmfao, again

that is sweet, jeff.

lmfao, again
    Iíve seen that M nearly start fist fights, twice! And, neither time was even football related; just my daughter wearing an M shirt around a Spartan and a Buckeye.

in other news, tom brady throws three picks and goes to the supertazÚn anyway.

aaron rodgers pitches a great game and gets second guessed for not doing everything himself.

has any athlete ever gotten things to go his way more than brady. disgusting.

Quote Originally Posted by L.W. Baxter View Post
    in other news, tom brady throws three picks and goes to the supertazÚn anyway.

aaron rodgers pitches a great game and gets second guessed for not doing everything himself.

has any athlete ever gotten things to go his way more than brady. disgusting.
    I'd say the game went the way it did more because of TB's defense than anything else. I'll admit to being very surprised they won.

I'd say the game went the way it did more because of TB's defense than anything else. I'll admit to being very surprised they won.
    The crazy part of football!

One of the Fresno State quarterbacks who made it big actually made it all the way; local folks who dislike Dilfer claim it was the defense that won him his ring.
    So?

Them rings is neato!

Quote Originally Posted by amish rob View Post
    Okay, I admit to not knowing a bunch about football, but that is a lot of Ms for a Spartan to have on the wall.
    Indeed. As I said, “A father’s love...”.

My FIL has leased a suite for his business for about a dozen years now. Between that and his basketball tickets (you may recognize my knees from such games as...) it has finally shifted Gordo’s healthy 60-40 balance to a sad 40-60 balance.

The funny thing was when he told me that he was “officially a Michigan fan” was right before Cassius Winston singlehandedly took apart the Wolverines three times in as many weeks.

Agreed. Their front four played extremely well.

Indeed. As I said, ďA fatherís love...Ē.

My FIL has leased a suite for his business for about a dozen years now. Between that and his basketball tickets (you may recognize my knees from such games as...) it was finally shifted Gordoís healthy 60-40 balance to a sad 40-60 balance.

The funny thing was when he told me that he was ďofficially a Michigan fanĒ was right before Cassius Winston singlehandedly took apart the Wolverines three times in as many weeks.

I will have to tell and show Kelcey. She wonít believe it!

Of course, time spent with grandparents is worth almost any concession; even such a Faustian bargain.

I will have to tell and show Kelcey. She won’t believe it!

Of course, time spent with grandparents is worth almost any concession; even such a Faustian bargain.
    BTW: Grandpa’s on the wait-list for season tickets for softball next.

BTW: Grandpaís on the wait-list for season tickets for softball next.
    If you watch Fresno State footage from the MWN (Mountain West Network) on the web, you can probably hear me barking.

My wife and I have always watched baseball and softball together. Sitting in the ballpark being a fool is something we enjoy.

We used to have seats at the pro baseball games, and weíd talk mess. Yep, Iíve trash talked Posey and The Panda.

Softball hits differently, though. Itís fast, and fun to watch. Especially if youíre at Fresno State, and you can get campus made, proprietary sausages and hot dogs...

Well... that was a disgusting first half.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

How so? TB defense seems to be playing really well - and Brady is putting on a seminar, IMO. Surprised to see KC defense make so many errors.
    There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

We turn on SB's to watch 'good' football. Not to watch one of the teams shoot themselves in the foot (and take themselves into a big hole) with a string of penalties.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

^ not to take anything away from tampa bay, right?

Serious question. Is tripping over the other guy's feet really interference? Thatís confusing stuff to a non-fan.

^ not to take anything away from tampa bay, right?
    Who?

Jeebus, not only am I glad to root against Brady, and enjoy Mahomes, but I've got a little bet going on this one. I sure hope KC makes the right adjustments. They're good at coming back, but THAT good?
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks

KC #32 better sit on the bench until he cools off. His penalties alone will lose the game.
    Brady is really something to see.
    I'm having a Face Time football party with my two brothers. They are KC fans and are tearing their hair out.
    I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.

Serious question. Is tripping over the other guy's feet really interference? That’s confusing stuff to a non-fan.
    I don't know the rulebook - but my biased view is that he didn't interfere. He tripped and fell and inadvertently touched the receiver. No intent, and a very generous interpretation of 'catchable ball'.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks