Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: atkins seabright skiff hulls and reliable power to speed predictions

Default Re: atkins seabright skiff hulls and reliable power to speed predictions

Viking 1X was recently sold and i missed her by a day.....gutted! An interesting comment Tad as we both discussed a Pettersson type,but the owner dismissed it as being too narrow gutted in the size he wants. C.G.Pettersson drew many great boats,and a few good motorsailors. I believe the client sees Pettersson types as a rich mans toy rather than the honest workboat types he is used to. It will be up for him to decide at the end of the day, but i dont see a CGP in his near future. I certainly agree a replica of Viking would probably sell here in Scandinavia,and a clinker ply version could be done,though everyone up here still prefers solid planking. Theres many designs to look at in the Stockholm Maritime Museum. The client is off on holiday and will be pondering his options......i will let you all know what he decides when/if he makes a desicion. Cheers

Default Re: atkins seabright skiff hulls and reliable power to speed predictions

just to thank everyone who had an input. I heard from the owner today,and he has decided to go for an apartment in the Canary Isles rather than a new boat......so it looks like hes retiring to the south instead. Never mind, i enjoyed the disscussion, and when i learn how to put pictures on here,i will show those that are interested "two brothers". I think she has potential even today. Cheers