Thread: Home Depot gives 10% discount to Veterans

Default Home Depot gives 10% discount to Veterans

So I was in the checkout line at HD, and clerk notices my airborne tattoo on right wrist. She asked if I was a veteran- which I confirmed. She said HD offers a 10 % off to all veterans- ALL the time-Nice thing to know since most of us probably shop there a lot. Lowes probably does the same- but I don't know.

Default Re: Home Depot gives 10% discount to Veterans

Lowes has it, too. Quite a few retailers offer some level of discount to veterans. I carry my ID all the time, and ask the checkout clerk.

It's the card I got when I was discharged. A USMC Inactive Reserve card which expired in '73.

Home Depot here, (yes, since the free trade agreement everything is up here too,) will beat any competitor's price by 10%. I bought a Wack & Pecker drill once. One place had a flyer out with it at 40% off, so I took the flyer to HD and they took another 10% off that. If you get a few offering 10% off every one else's price and bounce back and forth enough, someone will pay you to take it away.
    Also, an advertised price doesn't have to be in a flyer, the price on the sticker is an advertisement. When I bought my thickness planer way back when, I found the best price at store A, went to store B and told them. The guy said come back tomorrow, he went to the store after work, noted the price and gave me his at 10% off theirs.
    Lots of times I get a 10 to 20% discount just for asking.
    Some places, like Lee Valley Tools won't give any discount, they won't even price match. But we love 'em anyway.
    basil

Lowes gives the 10% discount. It is like most others, you have to be either actrive (i.e. active duty, National Guard or Reserve) or retired with an retired ID Card.

I use my 10% at Lowes all the time. I ask just about everywhere. McCallisters (a deli) will give you a 25% discount. It used to be 40% but they changed it a couple of years back.

The other day we went to Lowes needing a new riding mower. They had a returned Husqvarna in which they had replaced the baffle in the mower deck. Regular price was $1599 and they had it marked at $1200. They gave me 10% off of that which brought it down to $1080 and than in the final ring up they took another 10% off of my entire purchase so another $108 came of the price of the mower making the mower final price $972 which was an overall savings of $627. Of course they were extra nice to me being as I was just returned from Iraq and I also bought a new washer at the same time (also deep discounted), but yeah Lowes does give a veterans discount.

Chad
    There are three ways to do things: The right way, the wrong way and my way.

Three Little Birds Love is My Religion

Quote Originally Posted by goodbasil View Post
    Some places, like Lee Valley Tools won't give any discount, they won't even price match. But we love 'em anyway.
    I love 'em, too.

A couple of weeks ago I placed an online order. The next day, I got an email offering free freight on any order. They'd already confirmed my order. I replied to the confirmation email saying I would have saved $11.50 if I had waited a day. They replied they had stopped my order in the warehouse, and would ship one day later, minus the freight charge.

LV has the best customer service on the internet. Good stuff, too.