Thread: All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

Cool All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

"In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing."

From Edward Burke.

Other memorable quotes.

"The hottest places in Hell are reserved for those who in time of great moral crises maintain their neutrality." --Aleghieri Dante (1265 - 1321)

"In Germany they came first for the Communists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn't speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time no one was left to speak up." --Martin Niemoeller, German Lutheran Pastor

“One man scorned and covered with scars still strove with his last ounce of courage to reach the unreachable stars; and the world was better for this.”

I think that maybe it is better to fight the windmills rather than submit to the darkness.

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught." -- J.C. Watts, Oklahoma Congressman

This is real close to my definition of integrity, the ability to know the difference between right and wrong and doing right.

Chad
    There are three ways to do things: The right way, the wrong way and my way.

Three Little Birds Love is My Religion

Default Re: All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

"Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking"
    +1

Or alternatively - doing something that you didn't have to do, but did it anyway because it was the right thing to do.
    "Anyone who says they like portaging is either a liar or crazy."
    - Bill Mason

Default Re: All it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing

Quote Originally Posted by cs View Post
    "In order for evil to flourish, all that is required is for good men to do nothing."

This is real close to my definition of integrity, the ability to know the difference between right and wrong and doing right.

Chad

I have tried to teach The Boys that they already know the difference. The difficulty comes in the doing, not in the knowing.

Jusayin