Found a US supplier, anyone use it and could share how it worked out for them?
This is not a poly varnish but a rubberized clear coating with UV protection built in.
Coelan is spoken of well here
highlights are these
- absolutely UV-resistant and light-stable
- highly elastic – yet extremely hard-wearing
- long service life
- crack bridging – due to its high elasticity
- permeable – lets wood survive
- easy to apply because ready for use
- for wood, steel, aluminium and polyester substrates
- for inflatable dinghies, fenders, boat cushions, etc.
- unlimited possible applications in and on the boat
- absolutely non-slip coating easily achieved
- fabrication of coloured material by using our special Colour Paste to colour the transparent coating
LONG- LASTING PROTECTION- TRANSPARENT OR COLOURED- FOR COATING WOOD, METAL AND PLASTIC
- Old, grey boat decks appear as new with the COELAN-BOAT COATING and remain protected over many years.
- It is adisable to permanently protect also new wooden surfaces with the COELAN-BOAT COATING against weathering.
- Also strongly frequented areas like companion ladders can be given an abrasion resistant and skid-proof coating.
- Even glass-fibre reinforced plastic and aluminium boats, as well as plastic surfaces (inflatable dinghies, boat cushions, fenders etc.) can easily be coated with the coloured coating.