Thread: Mexican/Kosher Coca-Cola

Default Mexican/Kosher Coca-Cola

Several local stores carry it here. To me it taste more 'citrusy' than does regular Coke.
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Default Re: Mexican/Kosher Coca-Cola

One man owns Mexican coke......his son wanted to make big business in the U.S.He came here, opened a R and D company....no products...fancy offices, carpet everywhere, hired a bunch of weenies, gave every officer in the company a Mercedes.......went thru 5 mil before they could decide what the company was gonna do. Hired some Chinese engineers...worked a year or so, no product.....spent lotsa money...old man sez no more. Last 5 mil, do something. They hired me to do a design for them....I did it in 90 days.....they paid me $55K and then decided they didn't need me anymore, would not let me in my office to retrieve my notes and test equipment.....they brought my test gear but notes were missing on the design.......I hot footed it to Old Town and Crystal City and filed the basic patent that afternoon.......30 days later they tried to file a patent, it took six months of research before it was rejected......They were going belly up.....they canned me owing me over $75K.....The old man paid me $385K to sign it over, and I wanted Jr.s Mercedes........I gave it to charity to auction.
    Wakan Tanka Kici Un
    ..a bad day sailing is a heckuva lot better than the best day at work.....
    Fighting Illegal immigration since 1492....
    Live your life so that whenever you lose, you're ahead."
    "If you live life right, death is a joke as far as fear is concerned."

When I was growing up in New York, Coke was always kosher for Passover.

I read somewhere that the difference between Mexican Coke and ours is they sweeten with cane sugar and ours is sweetened with HFCS.

Ken

Then you have the Bolivians who are taking Coke back to its roots:

http://www.treehugger.com/files/2010...coca-colla.php

Dude, if you can taste the difference between those two versions of Coke, you're not using nearly enough rum. Not nearly!
    If this post did not meet all of your needs, please consult this thread for more options.

Don't tell me you've drinking that stuff straight, now. Eeyughhhh!
    If this post did not meet all of your needs, please consult this thread for more options.

Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman Sawyer View Post
    I read somewhere that the difference between Mexican Coke and ours is they sweeten with cane sugar and ours is sweetened with HFCS.

Ken
    that's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by James McMullen View Post
    Don't tell me you've drinking that stuff straight, now. Eeyughhhh!
    >

US Coca~cola is a vastly inferior product compared with ROW coke. The cane sugar makes all the difference in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Pless View Post
    that's the difference
    Confirmed. The taco truck in my building's 'hood sells Mexicoke. Addictive.

Speaking of a good taco truck; are these the hardest things in the universe to drive by without getting sucked in? The gravity of a good one makes it like a black hole. I get actual cravings for their mole.

One of my dad's buddies owned the local Coke, etc. bottling plant. I worked there one summer, and garnered free coke for life. I drank so much of it for so many years, that I did get addicted. I didn't realize it till I tore up my knee skiing. Sleeping at my gf's place, I woke up in the night with a huge thirst. I wanted a Coke, and she didn't have any. She got me some water. No help. She mixed up some OJ. No help. She stole one of her roomate's Pepsis. No help. Finally - sweet angel that she was - she drove to the local 24-hour supermarket and got some cold coke. Withing a year, I had stopped drinking soda entirely. Now I drink one on rare occasion.

And yes, the Mexi-coke tastes right, and the new stuff not so much. I tend to stick with Dr. Pepper these days. Does anyone remember Schwepp's Bitter Lemon? Do they still make it? It's not sold around here any more <sigh>.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    http://www.harborwoodworking.com/boat.html

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

South Puget Sound/summer Eastern carib./winter

high fructose corn syrup is crap. any coke bottled here in the caribbean is sugar.