Lets see if I can catch up with you and make it a long distance duel launchin?? somethin for the forum to crow about!
So Im starting to head up around the bilge area and now in the am I am heading out to get some rope to tie her to the moulds from here on... thinkin of nailin the strips down as the trial run I did this arvo of the next strip the flamin thing headed outward somethin shocking so its hard down clampin we go!
First step cut and rout strips... done! Make some sawdust... done!
Second step scarf and glue extra 2ft to the strips... done!
Third step fit first strips to hull... done!
Fourth step fit next couple include sheoak feature strip... done
Fifth step fit more strips... done
Sixth step... get some seriass clamping pressure happenin yer galah!!
Yes at present Im using normal ol masking tape since Ive had buggar all working hours to get to the damned hardware to get some of that duct tape stuff... aahhhh well no worries its holding so thats the important thing!
Things Ive learnded...
1) The warnings about using Tuart in this strip planking caper... were right! This is the first and last time I use this stuff... talk about stripping out and tearing when routing mongrel stuff!
2) GET MORE CLAMPS!!!
3) These spring loaded clamps DO NOT have enough holding power to adequately bring the strips together tightly at the stem and stern
4) GET STILL MORE CLAMPS!!!
5) Get the duct tape BEFORE you begin!
6) FIND MORE CLAMPS!!!
7) Its nice slow work waiting for the glue to set up... trying to work out how many strips to do at one go is fun... sorta? talk about glue up the wazoooeee! ooh yes one gets the first strip down and rockin and rollin go to put the other on and hello!! stuck to the damned canoe! drink of coffee while waiting and hello stuck to the damned coffee cup! ah well... tis great patience builder HA!!
8) Did I mention... GET MORE CLAMPS!!!
9) Missus and hoons have no respek for a fella buildin a boat!! damned constant interupshuns! no respek I tells yer!
10) Im a messy glue worker!
Soooo reckon I can catch up mate?? yeah yeah much sanding and so forth to go but whose in a rush eh?... time taken to date October 2002 - March 2004 pretty snazzy or what!! HA!
Additional note since posting this in misc boat related... I have found...
Screws work a flamin treat to hold the strips in the right place! I can live with filling some screw holes no worries