X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bernadette
    words beside picture
    • May 1999

saying goodbye

i have been a member on here since ages ago. but now it is time i say goodbye.

i have just sent a message to scot requesting he remove all my posts and my membership.

so goodbye and fair winds to you all.

bernadette
  • Paul Pless
    pinko commie tree hugger
    • Oct 2003

Re: saying goodbye

don't go away mad
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• Wooden Boat Fittings
      • Oct 2001

Well, I for one will be very sorry to see you go, Bernadette. But I respect your reasons, and I wish you well with the new boat and all your future endeavours. Please tickle Bosun behind the ears for me, and know that you'll always be welcome back here if ever you change your mind.

Mike
      Visit us to see how we help people complete classic boats authentically.

Comment

• Meli
        Banned
        • Nov 2010

Did I miss something?

What's up Bernie?

Comment

• Rich Jones
          What boat to build next?
          • Apr 2009

I've quietly been following your posts and progress for some time now. Will certainly miss them and hope you'll reconsider. Fair winds and good luck.
          I was born on a wooden boat that I built myself.
          Skiing is the next best thing to having wings.

Comment

• wizbang 13
            • Oct 2009

You came onto his thread not offering anything positive,got offended by his response,threatened to quit,now announce your quitting.But why delete your old threads?

Comment

• Peerie Maa
              Old Grey Inquisitive One
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by wizbang 13
              You came onto his thread not offering anything positive,got offended by his response,threatened to quit,now announce your quitting.But why delete your old threads?
              Are you referring to the response posted by Schoonerust that got his wrist smacked when a forumite mashed the button on him?
              If that is the case then Bernadette you know you have friends here, stay with us.
              It really is quite difficult to build an ugly wooden boat.

The power of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web
              The weakness of the web: Anyone can post anything on the web.

Comment

• Sailor
                Senior Member #4610
                • Feb 2002

I too will be sorry to see you go. Don't let one guy's behaviour affect the rest of us negatively. We'll miss your thread too if Scott delete's it. Maybe you could come back and post some pics of it once it's completed? Fair winds following seas and I hope your dad does well. Good luck,
                Daniel
                If one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
                -Henry David Thoreau-

Comment

• wizbang 13
                  • Oct 2009

Of course it is a responce to srus.
                  Quiting the forum is a self fulfilling prophecy that the thread is bringing the forum down.

Comment

• Skegemog
                    • Jan 2009

This is sad, I've been following your build with great interest and pulling for your Dad, sorry to see your thread go. God speed

Comment

• Ron Williamson
                      Rocketman
                      • Apr 2000

Imho,I think that She Who Is Gone worries too much about things that are impossible to control.
                      Schooner Al could have been ignored by anyone who chose to ignore him.
                      R
                      Sleep with one eye open.

Comment

• TerryLL
                        Lake Pend Oreille Idaho
                        • Mar 2007

Losing Bernadette's build thread will be a real tragedy. These are the kinds of posts that make the Forum a real place.

Comment

• Thad
                          • May 2000

No idea why but appreciate all you have done and do, best wishes. Have fun. Best wishes to your dad too. Thanks.

Comment

• PaulT
                            • Jun 2003

Well, that's unfortunate... Once again, someone who is actually building a boat takes offence at statements by one person and the rest of us get punished. Truely, I'll never build a boat like Bernedette and her dad are...never build one like Knottyboy is, but I would surely like to watch and learn from them. It's the nature of the beast though, isn't it. Mostly we really don't know one another. No investment in "friends" on the monitor. Someone says something that makes us unhappy... Fine..all we have to do is "poof". I would like to point out however that there are quite a few folks here who have shared your concerns about your family and your safety in the storms last year... Folks you do not know who have wondered about your well being, safety and admired your build. Many "anons" who lurk in the background learning.Want to leave?... Sure enough. It's your decision, your threads, your information. Sincerely, thanks for what I have learned watching your progress. As the others have said, my best wishes for you and your dad. But, I'm not a bit amused at what appears to be an unfortunate reaction to anothers actions. Regards: PaulT

Comment

• McMike
                              • Oct 2009

Originally posted by PaulT
                              Well, that's unfortunate... Once again, someone who is actually building a boat takes offence at statements by one person and the rest of us get punished. Truely, I'll never build a boat like Bernedette and her dad are...never build one like Knottyboy is, but I would surely like to watch and learn from them. It's the nature of the beast though, isn't it. Mostly we really don't know one another. No investment in "friends" on the monitor. Someone says something that makes us unhappy... Fine..all we have to do is "poof". I would like to point out however that there are quite a few folks here who have shared your concerns about your family and your safety in the storms last year... Folks you do not know who have wondered about your well being, safety and admired your build. Many "anons" who lurk in the background learning.Want to leave?... Sure enough. It's your decision, your threads, your information. Sincerely, thanks for what I have learned watching your progress. As the others have said, my best wishes for you and your dad. But, I'm not a bit amused at what appears to be an unfortunate reaction to anothers actions. Regards: PaulT
                              +1.
                              In the US this perverted idea of “blood and soil” over “constitutional principles” is the most radical and anti-democratic and anti-Conservative idea I have heard in my lifetime.

~C. Ross

Comment

Working...