Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • David C
    • Aug 2002

Correcting the Registry

Anyone know how I can go about correcting the registry vis-a-vis my boat? It seems that it was on the old Lloyd's registry and has made it's way onto WoodenBoat's registry with old and inaccurate data (for instance, it still lists the previous owner as the current owner--11 years after I purchased the boat, and the boat has been in Branford, CT USA rather than St John, NB CA for the same time).
  • Ian McColgin
    • Apr 1999

Re: Correcting the Registry

Just get in touch. The WB registry is a voluntary compilation based on what the owners sends in.

Comment

• rbgarr
      43.50.918 N, 69.38.583 W
      • Apr 1999

Pat Lown at WB will help.
      For the most part experience is making the same mistakes over and over again, only with greater confidence.

Comment

• Q.Foster
        • Apr 2000

Here is a link to see the Register: www.woodenboat.com/register-wooden-boats

The Register of Wooden Boats
        lists information on wooden boats, 10′ and above, in overall length. It came into being because the annual Lloyd’s Register of American Yachts and other registers ceased publication.

It is crowd-sourced; submissions are reviewed here in the Research Library at WoodenBoat Publications.

It should be easy to post information about your boat, and to upload a few photos, too.
        When there is a change of ownership, a new page is usually made, and the old page archived in place.

You can contact [email protected], or Pat Lown, at [email protected], as rbgarr says, to correct or add to listings.

Last edited by Q.Foster; 12-30-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

• David C
          • Aug 2002

Thank you all for your help. I'll get in touch with the powers that be and get things fixed.

Comment

Working...