PDA

View Full Version : Obama's Friday afternoon health care address

John Smith
07-17-2009, 03:31 PM
In all the things he says have been agreed upon, I didn't notice "public option" being on the list.

ccmanuals
07-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Disappointing. The people clearly wanted this as part of the plan. I am an Obama supporter but he needs to remember that it wasn't the United States Congress that put him in office. If the Congress can't get on board with serving the people and their desires then he needs to. It was the platform that he ran on and what put him in office.

John Smith
07-17-2009, 03:53 PM
Disappointing. The people clearly wanted this as part of the plan. I am an Obama supporter but he needs to remember that it wasn't the United States Congress that put him in office. If the Congress can't get on board with serving the people and their desires then he needs to. It was the platform that he ran on and what put him in office.

I agree. Unfortunately, without the votes in Congress, nothing happens. It's an interesting question: how far does he compromise to get "something" accomplished, as opposed to saying the bill, in it's final form, does not include a public option, and veto it for that reason.

This is where it gets tricky, politically, as the "super majority", by failing to pass a good bill here, will have the dems as a whole blamed.