PDA

View Full Version : Photographs, a blast from the past and a question

ishmael
06-29-2009, 05:27 PM
I mentioned on another thread that a shipmate of Pop's from WWII sent me some photographs. I'd never been in touch with this gentleman before and they came out of the blue. A nice note attached, just saying I served with your father and here are some pics. From what I hear he's not doing all that well. What would be a good thing to send an elderly gentleman as a token of appreciation?

Albert Povich. Apparently, I got this from Naomi, he's a close cousin of Maury. It was so sweet of him, I'd like to send a little something.

The pic with my father shows the ship's officers in mufti, with an enlisted hanger on or two. They are obviously on a break, on the beach, probably in the Philippines. All of them grinning. Clearly relaxed. Almost all of them grinning for the camera.

So, what to send an old fart? He must be in his eighties.

Anyway, sweet.

P.S. Asked on the other thread to post the pics, but I can't, my scanner crapped the bed.

John of Phoenix
06-29-2009, 07:43 PM
What would be a good thing to send an elderly gentleman as a token of appreciation?
A thank you letter.

Tom Galyen
06-29-2009, 07:53 PM
I agree with John about the thank you letter. If you wanted to do more you could have some photo's of your dad after the war copied and send them to him along with some of you.