PDA

View Full Version : The Problem with the WBS

Paul Pless
06-26-2009, 12:57 PM
I spend so much time chatting with my WBF friends that it interferes with looking at the boats.

switters
06-26-2009, 01:23 PM
stop wasting time posting and go look at boats.

rbgarr
06-26-2009, 01:41 PM
the boats aren't going anywhere....

Concordia...41
06-26-2009, 01:48 PM
So where are you guys? So I can come and distract you more :p

rbgarr
06-26-2009, 01:51 PM
Are you folks at the WBS tweeting each other?

(Does it even work that way?:confused::D)

Margo,
Got your hot Rita Moreno imitation ready? We want youtube of it! ;)

Uncle Duke
06-26-2009, 01:53 PM
You need to be walking while you're chatting!

John of Phoenix
06-26-2009, 02:09 PM
No pictures yet?

Russ Manheimer
06-26-2009, 02:59 PM
The Wild Dingo and his enabler, the gracious Scot Bell.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/3663595310_a801a7f4dd_b.jpg

Just back from the Show. Witnessed the meeting of Shane and Matt Murphy, WoodenBoat editor. The Clan is gathering with sightings of Vince and Mary Alice, Canoez, Rick (WNDBT), Katherine and Paul, (straight out of Hell), Clint Crane, TAR, Margo and Shane of course. Matter of fact we had several Shane sightings as he wandered in search of Carl Cramer.

Lots to see as always. Back tomorrow for more. And with pics.

Russ and Julia

seanz
06-27-2009, 03:17 AM
Caption time.............:D

Extra points for the use of the words; gnome, now, who's, short-arse, calling.
:cool:
:p

The Wild Dingo and his enabler, the gracious Scot Bell.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3098/3663595310_a801a7f4dd_b.jpg

Just back from the Show. Witnessed the meeting of Shane and Matt Murphy, WoodenBoat editor. The Clan is gathering with sightings of Vince and Mary Alice, Canoez, Rick (WNDBT), Katherine and Paul, (straight out of Hell), Clint Crane, TAR, Margo and Shane of course. Matter of fact we had several Shane sightings as he wandered in search of Carl Cramer.

Lots to see as always. Back tomorrow for more. And with pics.

Russ and Julia

Soooo, a meeting with the editor?

Regular column perhaps?
:):D

Bruce Hooke
06-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Another great WoodenBoat show!

My favorite part this year was the "I built it myself area." Lots of interesting boats there from quick-and-dirty, to exquisitely crafted, to downright exotic. Lots of personality in those boats and lots of interesting stories.

Lance F. Gunderson
06-28-2009, 09:19 AM
How about Walt Ansel's Atkin cutter with those deer antlers on the bow sprit?

Canoez
06-28-2009, 09:37 AM
I saw that -they were a great addition. I was tempted to ask Walt if he got the idea from the Cadillac with the Texas Longhorns on the front. :D

David G
06-28-2009, 09:47 AM
The REAL problem with this show is that it's 3,000 miles from the Pacific NW. I certainly envy y'all right now. Thanks to all for the fotos. It's nice to enjoy it vicariously, at least. <sigh> Well, I can look forward to Port Townsend, which is a wonderful show as well!

"The only person worth envying is the person who doesn't envy"

Wild Dingo
06-28-2009, 06:45 PM
Caption time............

Extra points for the use of the words; gnome, now, who's, short-arse, calling.

Soooo, a meeting with the editor?

Regular column perhaps?

Now THAT would be great!!! ;) There have been so many highlights of this journey some expected and looked forward to some that I hoped would happen while others were totally unexpected... Matt and his wonderful wife were absolutely a highlight of the whole journey, totally unexpected and really off my radar to actually meet... but honestly? A true highlight!! :cool: really great gracious and awesome people :cool: Made my day to meet them both

Regular column? yeah what should he call it? the insane rambling wanderings of a demented dingo lost and confused in the USA? That would work!!! :D

I will be heading up to Brooklin to meet everyone within the next week :cool:

I met the awesome gnome several times and his lovely daughter... but as I expected the mythical gnome master was missing although everyone kept saying "you gotta meet Carl he was here a minute ago" nah its cool I kept looking up the gnomes shirt to see if the gnome master was controlling his every move... nope nothin no sign... then it hit me!.... remote control!! :D

Another highlight for me was meeting Thad Danielson on Sea Harmony! beautiful boat with a great owner cheers mate!