PDA

View Full Version : Wuz'up with cool and rainy being bad?

ishmael
06-20-2009, 08:59 PM
It has been that way this Spring, and I love it! But every evening the weather mavens get on the toob and say how awful it is, and we might have a ray around the corner. Does every day, to be good, need to be Miss Merry Sunshine? A minor complaint, but it's been bugging me.

coelacanth2
06-20-2009, 09:21 PM
Practically, too much rain, things don't get done. We've had about 4 weeks + of rain at least 4 days a week here on Delmarva, and the ground is sodden. My friend's farm hasn't been planted yet - if the ground is worked too wet, the soil can be hardened and ruined (not to mention getting your tractor stuck - an acquaintance managed to stick one of those 4wd dual front and rear wheel monsters right to the axles about 10 years ago. I asked him how they got it out. Waited to July...:D) I don't want to mow my lawns, for fear of leaving trenches. Construction is slowed, outdoor events cancelled etc, etc, etc... Besides, the longer I'm inside, the longer the list of "indoor project" requests is:eek:.

Woxbox
06-20-2009, 10:17 PM
That's a pet peeve of mine, too. I avoid the radio and TV weather reports. Just stupid. If the weather was how they wanted it all the time, we'd all be dead.

brad9798
06-21-2009, 08:15 AM
After nine months in school, the kids would probably like nice, warm, sunny days!

They are FINALLY here in St. Louis! We had a VERY wet, cool spring ...

This poor weather also wreaks havoc on the boating community due to high water, debris, etc.

Alas, 98 and sunny the rest of this week here!

Too hot. One extreme to another!

brad9798
06-21-2009, 08:16 AM
Oh, and late summer crops are shot in much of the Midwest, too!

Too wet to plant ... now too late to plant!

Hello HIGHER prices this fall!

JimD
06-21-2009, 07:25 PM
Cool, rainy weather is ideal for watching golf on tv.

Tylerdurden
06-22-2009, 03:17 AM
My cockpit drains are slow.

Popeye
06-22-2009, 07:05 AM
everything in moderation