PDA

View Full Version : Hey Garbanzo!!

MiddleAgesMan
05-15-2009, 09:43 PM
When and why did you leave Georgia for Texas? :)

oznabrag
05-15-2009, 11:48 PM
When and why did you leave Georgia for Texas? :)

I am that bean, yet I am Oznabrag, and never the twain shall meet.

The better question is: Why did I leave Texas for Georgia?

There is not enough bandwidth to satisfy an answer.

I like your Goat, man, nice job!

MiddleAgesMan
05-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Oh, I think I get it...you came to GA, found it wanting, and returned to TX...

Good luck to ya and thanks for that about the Goat. If you were still in Brunswick I'd invite you up for a sail. :)

Phillip Allen
05-16-2009, 08:37 AM
I wonder at the Garbonzo nickname...it appears to be an accident and kinda fun...unless it actually offends, in which case I wouldn't use it

oznabrag
05-16-2009, 11:17 AM
Oh, I think I get it...you came to GA, found it wanting, and returned to TX...

Good luck to ya and thanks for that about the Goat. If you were still in Brunswick I'd invite you up for a sail. :)

I was in Alabama, moved to Louisiana, then Virginia, Mississippi, Georgia, Kansas, Texas, Georgia and Texas.

I have never found Georgia 'wanting', good Sir. She is an incredibly beautiful State from St. Mary's to Fort Oglethorpe. You are very fortunate to have found your home there.

My reasons for leaving the first time centered around the death of my beautiful Suzie, back in 1990. She was cheerful, devoted, kind...a very angel, and I am certain that I did not deserve her attention. I have tears on my cheeks even now.

I thank you for your invitation to sail, MAM, and with any luck I may be able to accept it one day.:)

Wild Dingo
05-16-2009, 12:39 PM
I hope you find what your looking for mate... sorry to hear about your Suzie

Ive so far found the US to be one of the most stunningly beautiful countries Ive ever seen pictures of!! They reckon things are better in the flesh... and so it is with the US you are an incredibly luck people

oznabrag
05-16-2009, 01:12 PM
I hope you find what your looking for mate... sorry to hear about your Suzie

Ive so far found the US to be one of the most stunningly beautiful countries Ive ever seen pictures of!! They reckon things are better in the flesh... and so it is with the US you are an incredibly luck people

Thank you kindly, Shane.

In recent years, I have found myself to be a very happy man. Unreasonably happy, as it's said!

Enjoy the tour, ol' son, it's gonna be a helluva ride ;).

MiddleAgesMan
05-16-2009, 01:58 PM
We must be cut from the same bolt of cloth, Oznabrag.

I've had my misfortunes but the sun still shines on me every day. I figured out long ago to accept what I can't change or fix. When friends or family members bring up some unpleasantness I had to go through many of the tales seem new, or even fictional. I have no recollection of them because of my selective memory, I guess. I remember the good times.

Sorry Suzie couldn't stick around for you...Really! Oddly enough I have a good friend who is struggling with his own wife Suzie's illness yet he retains his sunny disposition, befriending everyone he meets.

Best of luck to you. :)