PDA

View Full Version : It's not wood but.............

skuthorp
05-10-2009, 09:19 AM
it's not even a boat but............ I acquired an oval FG spa, to use as a pond for breeding frogs but it sort of bears a resembalance to tub dinghy, and it's wide enough to row, and I tried my little 2.5 outboard and it fits, so....................... All I got to do is keep the plug in! Bathtub/spa races anyone? I recall a hillariou set of pics from last year on a bathtub rally.

switters
05-10-2009, 07:49 PM
it's not even a boat but............ I acquired an oval FG spa, to use as a pond for breeding frogs but it sort of bears a resembalance to tub dinghy, and it's wide enough to row, and I tried my little 2.5 outboard and it fits, so....................... All I got to do is keep the plug in! Bathtub/spa races anyone? I recall a hillariou set of pics from last year on a bathtub rally.

over here we usually buy spas so we can breed women.:D

I suggest you use it as a dinghy and leave the frogs out.

I should add that this is in jest, if you find it personally insulting, and it's not meant that way, just say so and I will delete.

paladin
05-10-2009, 08:07 PM
When the froglegs get upto the right size....holler...I got some good recipes.

hansp77
05-10-2009, 08:32 PM
Nice one,
I've been into native outdoor (unheated) aquariums and ponds for a while- fish, plants and invertebrates so far, rather than frogs though. If you are interested in having some native fish in the pond to keep down mozzies and other tiny critters- fish that won't eat your tadpoles and will survive the winter- then Murray River Rainbows (http://www.nativefish.asn.au/rainbow.html) are a great choice, and really quite beautiful too. I've got a few in my 310 liter pond (which is just a big bunnings water tub)
http://kids.mdbc.gov.au/__data/page/750/crimson-spotted_rainbow_fish.jpg

What are your plans for the pond? You putting a filter in it? Substrate and plants? Are you going to place any particular frogs in there or just leave it up to chance for them find it on their own?

If you wanna chat about any of this stuff just let me know or shoot me a PM. I've got a fair few plants (native and non-native) I could get some cuttings from and post to you if you are interested- just to get you started.

btw, my latest project has been a little watercress 'aquaculture' set up thing off my filter outlet into the pond- the outlet trickles through a gravel bed before re-entering the pond- It's going great and producing a heap of the stuff for our salads- for the ponds benefit it also acts as another great physical and biological filter.
Lotsa fun.;)

Let us know how it goes.