PDA

View Full Version : For PCFORD....................

paladin
05-09-2009, 01:38 PM
ccweblogo
Anti-Gun Senate to Ban Private Gun Sales

Sens. Frank R. Lautenberg (D-NJ), Jack Reed (D-RI) and Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) have joined Paul Helmke, President of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence and victims and family members of the Virginia Tech tragedy, to introduce legislation to eliminate the private transfers of firearms and close the nation's "gun show loophole."

YOU ARE IRRATIONAL IF YOU SUPPORT PRIVATE GUN SALES

"There is no rational reason to oppose closing the loophole. The reason it's still not closed is simple: the continuing power of the special interest gun lobby in Washington" Sen. Lautenberg said ignoring the Constitution.

Select Here to Reject All Gun Bans and Fax All 99 Senators

Lautenberg went on to add still more to the "90% Obama Mexican Gun Lie":

"Thirty percent of the guns that go to Mexico are bought at gun shows." With NO supporting evidence Lautenberg continued, "We don't know whether they're bought from unlicensed dealers, but logic would say let's have some idea who it is that bought those guns and what their intentions might be."

Lautenberg and the Gun Grabbers in the Senate are also lying about the Virginia Tech gunman who had a background check at a legal gun store to justify themselves. There were abundant warning signs that he posed a serious threat to the campus. Yet he was running loose because the gun check system failed.

NO SUCH THING AS 'GUN SHOW LOOPHOLE'

Independence Institute researcher David Kopel has written about the "gun show loophole," concluding that it is a myth: Says Kopel:

"Despite what some media commentators have claimed, If a dealer sells a gun from a storefront, from a room in his home or from a table at a gun show, the rules are exactly the same: he can get authorization from the FBI for the sale only after the FBI runs its "instant" background check"

CRIME GUNS DO NOT COME FROM GUN SHOWS

The Bureau of Justice Statistics report entitled "Firearms Use by Offenders" found that less than one percent - 0.7%, to be exact - of guns used in crimes originated at gun shows.

NICS: DEFACTO GUN REGISTRATION

New York (D) Sens. Charles Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand proposed computerized background checks be retained creating a de facto gun registration system and Lautenberg's Bill proposes private transactions be added to this registration system.

LAUTENBERG'S MOTIVES

Motives for eliminating gun shows are twofold:

First, gun shows are a powerful tool in defeating gun control legislation.

Second, eradicate the gun show and gun culture altogether.

All that seems to be on the minds of the Anti-Gun Senators and at the offices of gun control extremists is figuring out how to exploit tragedy to erode and eventually destroy the right, and the means, of self-defense.

Now the Anti-Gun Coalitions are trying to use tragic events to destroy gun shows and the right of all Americans to keep and bear arms to protect themselves under the law. They are attacking and hiding behind an Anti-Terrorist Agenda while getting political and financial support from:

George Soros a Hungarian-born billionaire bank rolling efforts with his check book and spending more that $100 million to destroy the Constitution.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein (CA) admitted that "guns would be banned and confiscated" if she could have her way.

The United Nations actively pushes globalism seeking to disarm all Americans.

We must Stop the Anti-Gun Coalition and get ready for the biggest gun control fight of the year from coast to coast. We can not do that without your support.

Stand up against this attack! Stand up for the right to not only defend yourself, but to defend your family, your children, your friends, and your classmates!

Like all other threats against our freedoms, we must rise and defeat this bill, slap it down hard.

The legislation is cosponsored by Sens. Dick Durbin (D-IL), Sheldon Whitehouse (D-RI), Charles Schumer (D-NY), John Kerry (D-MA), Ted Kennedy (D-MA), Carl Levin (D-MI), Ben Cardin (D-MD) and Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY) and Robert Menendez (D-NJ).

In order to stop Schumer, Kerry and Kennedy and there fellow gun-grabbers-we need to let the Congress know with thousands of faxes telling them to leave guns alone.

Americans like you who understand what our Founding Fathers envisioned for our nation...and who are willing to fight to defend our Constitution and for what it stands.

So please, help the Citizens Committee and me defeat those who wish to gut and trash the United States Constitution.

Help me flood the U.S. Senate with a sea of FAXES big enough to drown each and every Senator willing to vote away the Second Amendment.

Please, send your Donation and FAX TODAY!

Keep calling your Senators today, toll free numbers include 1-877-851-6437 and 1-866-220-0044, or call toll 1-202-225-3121 AND REGISTER YOU'RE OUTRAGE at ongoing efforts to take guns away!

CALL PRESIDENT Obama, 202-456-1111 and 202-456-1414 expressing your disdain and ABSOLUTE REJECTION of all GUN BANS.

DO NOT BE SILENCED - MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD!

NOTE: We need TENS OF THOUSANDS of faxes and PHONE CALLS and EMAILS delivered to ALL Senators right away!

For our projects to be successful, we must count on the voluntary financial support from individuals like you who care.

Your contribution of $20 or $25 is urgently needed today.

Your donation for just $10 will help so much. If you can afford to send $50 or $100 or more it would truly be a godsend.

Remember, protecting our freedom is not inexpensive.

But then, it's impossible to put a price tag on freedom.

SELECT HERE to DONATE NOW.
The rights you save may be your own!
https://secure.responseenterprises.com/ccrkba_he/?a=2375

Together, we can preserve the Constitutional rights our Founding Fathers intended our people to have forever.

For more information about CCRKBA go www.ccrkba.org

Please let me know your decision right away. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Alan Gottlieb
Chairman
Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms

pcford
05-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Ah, yes. Alan Gottlieb. Right in our neighborhood over in Bellevue.

Makes a living as an advocate for insane public policy.

Be careful, Obama might steal your phallus in the middle of the night. Be very afraid.

bang bang. shoot shoot.

Phillip Allen
05-09-2009, 07:18 PM
typical ad hominum attack...gutless

RonW
05-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Well done Paladin....

I seem to remember something vaguely about the french freedom fighters during world war II having to smuggle guns in to be able to fight the nazi's.

stevedwyer
05-09-2009, 08:07 PM
Yes, well done.
Fire a shot over their bow and they either turn and run or show their colors.

"Sleepless" might discover one day that it was he who lost his (@) to Washington.

But aren't we really talking about our ("inalienable") rights, guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, to protect the lives of ourselves, our loved ones and our property?

BETTY-B
05-09-2009, 10:52 PM
But aren't we really talking about our ("inalienable") rights, guaranteed by the U.S. Constitution, to protect the lives of ourselves, our loved ones and our property?

Nope.

TimH
05-09-2009, 11:46 PM
I need a handgun I can carry with me when treking through the forests in Northern Cali. Protection from Cougars, bears, and Mexican drug cartel.
What do you think? 9mm? 357? 44?

RonW
05-09-2009, 11:50 PM
I need a handgun I can carry with me when treking through the forests in Northern Cali. Protection from Cougars, bears, and Mexican drug cartel.
What do you think? 9mm? 357? 44?

357 for cougar and bear.......

OOzie with lots of extra clips for mexican drug cartel..

pcford
05-10-2009, 01:16 AM
typical ad hominum attack...gutless

Oh, then answer this "ad hominen" attack:

The US leads all industrialized nations in the number of firearm related deaths. Sometimes by factors of over 10 times.

Only Estonia and Mexico "better" the US in number of firearms related deaths.

The current firearm policy in this country is insane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

bang bang. shoot shoot.

The Bigfella
05-10-2009, 01:22 AM
The year for the Australian statistics was 1994 - two years before 35 people were killed in one single one-person shooting spree (using semi-auto weapons). We instituted sensible gun regulation measures a couple of years after that and our gun deaths are much lower now.

I still enjoy my shooting, and having fired 60 rounds this week, have probably shot more than any of the untellectuals who canna see another way....

pcford
05-10-2009, 01:29 AM
The year for the Australian statistics was 1994 - two years before 35 people were killed in one single one-person shooting spree (using semi-auto weapons). We instituted sensible gun regulation measures a couple of years after that and our gun deaths are much lower now.

I still enjoy my shooting, and having fired 60 rounds this week, have probably shot more than any of the untellectuals who canna see another way....

There has to be a better way than the practically laissez faire environment in this country. It would be possible to own guns with reasonable laws...this country is awash in firearms.

The Bigfella
05-10-2009, 01:40 AM
I think the problem is the increasing belief is that you need to defend yourself with firearms.

pcford
05-10-2009, 01:46 AM
I think the problem is the increasing belief is that you need to defend yourself with firearms.

Gun sales are up incredibly in this country...can't recall the amount but it is amazing.

Why? What are people thinking? Is Bin Laden coming. Is there going to be an uprising of blacks? Is it because we have a black president? Is anarchy heading our way?

It is good to remember: a majority of people in this country want tighter regulation on firearms.

Tylerdurden
05-10-2009, 04:04 AM

Yes, Next time your being assaulted Hit them with your Barney Doll?

I am afraid what the liberal Nanny staters fail to understand is they are promoting violence as they beg the state to forcibly gather our arms to protect them. Remember that when the round up begins and pick your favorite one nearby. ;)

The Bigfella
05-10-2009, 05:34 AM
Actually the law here works on the basis of reasonable response to a threat. If someone punches you and you retaliate with an axe, you don't fare too well.

Tylerdurden
05-10-2009, 06:33 AM
Actually the law here works on the basis of reasonable response to a threat. If someone punches you and you retaliate with an axe, you don't fare too well.

Do you understand what you write?

A threat is just that, No violence just the threat of.

A punch is an assault and any reasonable means to stop the assault is allowed under common law.

To retaliate means the threat has subsided and one is assaulting back.

You need to stop having lunch with CEO's and Prime ministers and go back to school.

The Bigfella
05-10-2009, 07:17 AM
So if a person punches you and you shoot them, is that a reasonable response, or do you go to gaol?

The threat part does come in to it. If you can prove you are in fear of your life, a higher standard of reasonable response applies. Unlikely to be accepted when the "threat" comes from a person who is unarmed though.

stevedwyer
05-10-2009, 07:19 AM
Fighting illegal weapons trafficking is like the war on drugs, those that are determined to get them and use them will.

Tylerdurden
05-10-2009, 07:25 AM
So if a person punches you and you shoot them, is that a reasonable response, or do you go to gaol?

The threat part does come in to it. If you can prove you are in fear of your life, a higher standard of reasonable response applies. Unlikely to be accepted when the "threat" comes from a person who is unarmed though.

I really should not get into the habit of Telling a foreigner how it is but here in the states means of escape from harm are most important in gun cases. If you are on your arse any force is reasonable.

Bill Huson
05-10-2009, 07:36 AM
what continues to shock me is the high degree of paranoia among the GunNutz. Oh yes, they *need* a gun with them at all times to protect their life and property. The GunNutz live in fear, and paranoia.

Sad . . .

Tylerdurden
05-10-2009, 07:42 AM
what continues to shock me is the high degree of paranoia among the GunNutz. Oh yes, they *need* a gun with them at all times to protect their life and property. The GunNutz live in fear, and paranoia.

Sad . . .

That's plainly just stupid as the majority of the 60 to 80 million gun owners do not feel the need to carry.

I haven't carried in 10-15 years and then it was rare only if in my job I had to carry large amounts of cash in odd hours in bad neighborhoods. I was robbed twice in Miami then never again after I carried. I seem to remember you were not there to assist me when I was being robbed.

Phillip Allen
05-10-2009, 07:56 AM
Oh, then answer this "ad hominen" attack:

The US leads all industrialized nations in the number of firearm related deaths. Sometimes by factors of over 10 times.

Only Estonia and Mexico "better" the US in number of firearms related deaths.

The current firearm policy in this country is insane.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_firearm-related_death_rate

bang bang. shoot shoot.

What else does the US lead in…? is that related or is that in common…? I suspect we lead in illegal aliens selling drugs...and general availability of improved lifestyle and car ownership and ownership of Levis jeans and much more

Does the US lead in other personal freedoms?

George Jung
05-10-2009, 08:37 AM
hehe..

zing zing!

Good troll, Chuck - it takes a masterful touch to throw out such obvious bait - and still have a strike! Of course, it helps if you're casting to a bunch of siamese fighting washingtonia.. er, fish. Good one.

Phillip Allen
05-10-2009, 08:40 AM
yep...

George Jung
05-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Mornin', Phillip. Yeah, Chuck is good! I don't think he even broke a sweat, or wind, setting this one in motion.

The good ones make it look so easy. Inspiring, really...

Phillip Allen
05-10-2009, 08:58 AM
I certainly enjoy them...

George Jung
05-10-2009, 09:12 AM
Wonder if Chuck gives lessons? My suspicion the 'lesson' would go something like this:

"Well, furst, ya takes a big piece of bacon, preferably one that's been layin' out in ta sun a bit, so it's nice'n rancid.... then ya hook it up to this electronic gizmo (you'll have to give me a 'pass' on that... ya can't make that stuff up (well, I can't) and still be convincing) that will knock the crapolla outa the Intended Victim... ya cast it into the cesspool, give it a lil' twitch... and voila'! (though I don't think Chuck uses words like voila'..) there you have it. supper Supreme Surprise!"

Or something like that.

Tylerdurden
05-10-2009, 09:26 AM
It only becomes a troll when the attacks begin. Most trolling if that's what you want to call it is usually so because a small number jump in and make it so. Good example is the Obama Deception thread.
If the thread view count is any indication it could be believed some actually viewed the materiel presented yet no actual discussion could occur due to the shout down, discredit at all costs crowd. Thing is I think a majority would agree that its the same posters with opposing views who come into and ruin a thread with full knowledge that the same majority gets it as they did on the other twenty threads they trashed.

It serves a purpose though in making minority's feel that that is exactly what they are when more often than not its not the case.
Though many here would have you believe the majority are left leaning anti-gun democrats I think the truth is far from the case.
Most people only seek the truth and good sources of information to form and opinion for themselves. Of course there are always those who seek the opinion of the majority in order to feel comfortable
I don't think that is the majority here.

George Jung
05-10-2009, 09:47 AM
Oh, I agree, without a doubt. Chuck managed to make his case, with a nice bit of humor, and just pointed enough to provoke engagement.

Also correct - some folks enjoy a good tussle, most keep their thoughts to themselves, and then vote - the way they really feel.

pcford
05-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Homoerotic Overtones Enliven NRA Meeting

COEUR D'ALENE, ID—Repression was the order of the day as theNational Rifle Association's North Idaho Chapter held its annual convention this weekend.

NRA member Jack Harwich admires a fellow member's piece, stirring potent new feelings within himself.

More than 25,000 dedicated gun lovers from across Northern Idaho flocked to the Coeur d'Alene Convention Center for the two-day event, happily sublimating homosexual impulses amid a carefully maintained facade of platonic camaraderie.

Moscow, ID, resident Richard Hoflinger, 47, a longtime gun-rights activist, exhibited the collection of antique rifles through which he has channeled his culturally unacceptable impulses. "Guns should be part of any upstanding Christian family," Hoflinger said, sticking a long, thick, oily pipe-cleaner 14 inches up an 1886 Remington.

In the next booth, another latent gay man, Duane Erlich, moved his hand slowly up and down a well-polished 1948 Winchester. "Ain't she a beautiful baby?" he said, displaying the kind of feminization/infantilization of firearms for which NRA members are renowned.

Erlich then demonstrated the proper loading procedure for his "baby," lovingly inserting a pair of bullets into the dark, snug-fitting tunnels before thrusting the gun's bolt smoothly into the action, cocking it firmly. "This'll blow a man straight to heaven," he said.

The tone of the event was set by chapter president John Henry Unger, whose opening remarks cited the "wonderful variety of weaponry on display, from little snub-nosed pieces that fit snugly in your pocket to big, meaty shooters with barrels as thick as your arm."

Unger then fired his father's prize Colt Peacemaker revolver into the air, drawing raucous applause from the crowd, many of whose own fathers had suppressed latent physical attraction for their adolescent sons by channeling forbidden feelings into totemistic firearms.

All over the convention floor, gun manufacturers proudly unveiled new technologies which will allow simmering homoerotic tensions to be expressed with greater nuance than ever before. At the Smith & Wesson booth, company spokesman Darrell Trace displayed a handgun made from a newly developed metal alloy whose "incredibly hard" nature, he explained, gives it no recoil after use, providing its user with "a far greater sense of control over his piece."

"It's a very comfortable gun, very soft in the hands," Trace added, noting that Smith & Wesson had designed the gun to appeal to "shooters tired of coming home from the firing range with sore, worn-out wrists."

But even as conventioneers reveled in a two-day orgy of firearm-to-phallus transference, a dark cloud hung over the event. The NRA has declined in power over the last decade, and its once-potent lobbyists have come out on the small end of key legislative battles like the Brady Bill, causing many members to bring their lifelong subconscious fears of castration to the fore.

"If the gun-control lobby wants my rod, they'll have to yank it from my dead body," said Pocatello-area bar-owner Joseph Greer, holding a tell-tale snub-nosed revolver.

"Those guys up there in Washington are tryin' to take our guns away, but we ain't gonna let 'em," Greer continued, adding classic paternal displacement to the already rich psychosexual tapestry. "No siree, Bob."

from the onion news service

bang bang shoot shoot

BrianW
05-10-2009, 12:38 PM
Man how many time ya gonna post that stupid thing?

Since we're into repeating stuff, I'll add my quote from another thread, as it fits the situation...

Every time someone is looking to restrict gun owner rights, they make a phallic reference.

I guess that's what they're grabbing, when I'm holding a gun. :D

paladin
05-10-2009, 12:53 PM
1948...I don't have much of anything that new...about 1967, my S & W.....my other pistol is 1935 and the rest go back about a hundred years before.....and my rifles....the one I hunt with is 1892, and the only relatively new one has been disposed of as a gift.

pcford
05-10-2009, 12:55 PM
Man how many time ya gonna post that stupid thing?

Since we're into repeating stuff, I'll add my quote from another thread, as it fits the situation...

Talking about rising to the bait......and nice homoerotic come back, I might add.....in exactly the same tone as the Onion piece. Thank you.

Well, Bri, when I post that, one gets the feeling that our gun totin' friends are looking at each other and saying....uh, you post....no, you post.

Phillip Allen
05-10-2009, 02:26 PM
should we run a poll on which is more likely to tell the truth...
The Onion or Fox TV?

I think the believers will be right down political party lines

George Jung
05-10-2009, 03:20 PM
Does the Onion have believers?

Phillip Allen
05-10-2009, 03:25 PM
Does the Onion have believers?

got at least one on this very thread (no it ain't me)

pcford
05-10-2009, 05:09 PM
should we run a poll on which is more likely to tell the truth...
The Onion or Fox TV?

Let's see, will a satirical comedy venue be more truthful than Fox...hmm, boy that is difficult. Can't say myself. I understand your confusion.

Phillip Allen
05-10-2009, 05:26 PM
I thank you for your reluctant sympathy

isla
05-10-2009, 05:31 PM
I joined the forum last September and until recently most of Chuck's posts have been interesting, thoughtful and amusing. But just over the last couple of weeks I have noticed a considerable change in output, almost like a different person. I think he's either gone nuts or his posts are being written by somebody else. Just my ten cents worth.

Phillip Allen
05-10-2009, 05:41 PM
I joined the forum last September and until recently most of Chuck's posts have been interesting, thoughtful and amusing. But just over the last couple of weeks I have noticed a considerable change in output, almost like a different person. I think he's either gone nuts or his posts are being written by somebody else. Just my ten cents worth.

I noticed...I think he has less patients to screw around with those of lesser penetration is all.

pcford
05-10-2009, 06:00 PM
I noticed...I think he has less patients to screw around with those of lesser penetration is all.

Of lesser "penetration?" Ooh, Phillip, do you want to share more? As I have stated, I thought something like this might be going on.

You may reply via pm if prudence dictates, Phillip. Thank you.

Phillip Allen
05-10-2009, 06:09 PM
Of lesser "penetration?" Ooh, Phillip, do you want to share more? As I have stated, I thought something like this might be going on.

You may reply via pm if prudence dictates, Phillip. Thank you.

penetration, in this sense, means the ability to think deeply. Observation is not enough nor is the ability to google things...I refer to the ability to penetrate the mysterys of the language and of the enviornment around them as opposed to simply parroting what others have spoon fed to them...kids should have learned that in school

pcford
05-10-2009, 06:19 PM
Penetration has other, less "intellectual" meanings you know. Strange you should use exactly this word. Kind of a tipoff...methinks.

George Jung
05-10-2009, 06:28 PM
I can see why you were confused, recalling who started down this particular road! Very telling.

BrianW
05-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Yep, anti-gun folks have a fetish, and try to pass it off on others.

pcford
05-10-2009, 06:52 PM
I can see why you were confused, recalling who started down this particular road! Very telling.

Yes. Well, I posted the news about the Idaho NRA meeting...then up pops Phillip saying one of the contributors here disdains "those of lesser penetration." I suggest you ask Phillip for more details.

Driver Mark
05-10-2009, 07:00 PM
There has to be a better way than the practically laissez faire environment in this country. It would be possible to own guns with reasonable laws...this country is awash in firearms.
This country is also awash in laws how many more "reasonable gun laws" do we need.
How about convicted felons and the mentally ill not being allowed to own guns. Oh yeah got that one already.
How about a government background check for everyone who buys a gun. Oh yeah got that one too.
Hey maybe we should make it illegal to own a machine gun. Oh they beat me to it.
How about we just take away everybody guns and then anyone who disagrees with "public policy" can go to some icy "re-education" camp to learn how to think right. Not happening yet but we seem to be working on it.
Can't happen here you say? I'll bet they thought that in a couple other places too.
We don't need more "gun laws" we need enforcement of the laws we have.

Phillip Allen
05-10-2009, 07:02 PM
"Yes. Well, I posted the news about the Idaho NRA meeting..."

then, you are passing it off as true?

WAIT, WAIT...it occured to me that you ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT...there's a good example of less penetration...shallow...simple...nil-thinking

Tylerdurden
05-10-2009, 07:11 PM
This country is also awash in laws how many more "reasonable gun laws" do we need.
How about convicted felons and the mentally ill not being allowed to own guns. Oh yeah got that one already.
How about a government background check for everyone who buys a gun. Oh yeah got that one too.
Hey maybe we should make it illegal to own a machine gun. Oh they beat me to it.
How about we just take away everybody guns and then anyone who disagrees with "public policy" can go to some icy "re-education" camp to learn how to think right. Not happening yet but we seem to be working on it.
Can't happen here you say? I'll bet they thought that in a couple other places too.
We don't need more "gun laws" we need enforcement of the laws we have.

With 20,000 gun laws already on the books you would think they would have it by now.

pcford
05-10-2009, 07:12 PM
hehe..

Good troll, Chuck - it takes a masterful touch to throw out such obvious bait - and still have a strike! Of course, it helps if you're casting to a bunch of siamese fighting washingtonia.. er, fish. Good one.

One wonders who had the best troll catch...we got the original poster poster rising to the bait himself. Then the usual suspects defending themselves against the Onion article. Nice going gentlemen.

Regarding Alan Gottlieb, the guy the original poster quoted:

He was born a first child to Seymour and Sherry Gottlieb on May 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/May_2), 1947 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1947) in Los Angeles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles). Gottlieb graduated from the University of Tennessee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Tennessee) in the summer of 1971, after a five year course, with a degree in nuclear engineering (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_engineering). He has also attended the Institute on Comparative Political & Economic Systems (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Institute_on_Comparative_Political _%26_Economic_Systems&action=edit&redlink=1) at Georgetown University (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgetown_University). "I am," he [Gottlieb] says, "the premiere anti-communist, free-enterprise, homophobe, laissez-faire (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Laissez-faire) capitalist."[citation needed (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citation_needed)]
In 1984 Gottlieb was convicted of tax fraud and spent 8 months in a work release (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Work_release) program.[1] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Gottlieb#cite_note-0)[2] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Gottlieb#cite_note-1) As a convicted felon, Gottlieb forfeited his right to own guns, but he regained that right in 1985 under a federal program allowing felons to apply for relief from that legal disability.[3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Gottlieb#cite_note-2)
Gottlieb is an avid collector of old handguns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Handgun) and postage stamps (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postage_stamps).[4] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Gottlieb#cite_note-3)
Gottlieb resides in Bellevue, Washington (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bellevue,_Washington) with his wife Julianne.

You guys should be aware of your sources. Now you all go back to polishing your guns. All of you.

Tylerdurden
05-10-2009, 07:12 PM

Keep your 10 cents. :mad:

mdh
05-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Why is this administration so interested in restricting guns from law abiding citizens? If the cops we've already got are busy enforcing laws that already exist, wouldn't they have to hire more to enforce these new laws? They've already announced massive IRS hirings to investigate tax evaders, now that most of the cabinet has been cleared. Class envy prevails in the acceptance of wealth confiscation. The administration proclaims that they can better spend the money to "care for the masses". Old Germans are remarking,"deja vu".

BrianW
05-10-2009, 07:59 PM
WAIT, WAIT...it occured to me that you ACTUALLY BELIEVE IT...there's a good example of less penetration...shallow...simple...nil-thinking

I think he must. Not hard to believe, it's part of his fetish. :)

George Jung
05-10-2009, 08:13 PM
Ah, yes. Alan Gottlieb. Right in our neighborhood over in Bellevue.

Makes a living as an advocate for insane public policy.

Be careful, Obama might steal your phallus in the middle of the night. Be very afraid.

bang bang. shoot shoot.

[quote=pcford;2191791]Homoerotic Overtones Enliven NRA Meeting

COEUR D'ALENE, ID—Repression was the order of the day as theNational Rifle Association's North Idaho Chapter held its annual convention this weekend.

NRA member Jack Harwich admires a fellow member's piece, stirring potent new feelings within himself.

More than 25,000 dedicated gun lovers from across Northern Idaho flocked to the Coeur d'Alene Convention Center for the two-day event, happily sublimating homosexual impulses amid a carefully maintained facade of platonic camaraderie.

Moscow, ID, resident Richard Hoflinger, 47, a longtime gun-rights activist, exhibited the collection of antique rifles through which he has channeled his culturally unacceptable impulses. "Guns should be part of any upstanding Christian family," Hoflinger said, sticking a long, thick, oily pipe-cleaner 14 inches up an 1886 Remington.

In the next booth, another latent gay man, Duane Erlich, moved his hand slowly up and down a well-polished 1948 Winchester. "Ain't she a beautiful baby?" he said, displaying the kind of feminization/infantilization of firearms for which NRA members are renowned.

Erlich then demonstrated the proper loading procedure for his "baby," lovingly inserting a pair of bullets into the dark, snug-fitting tunnels before thrusting the gun's bolt smoothly into the action, cocking it firmly. "This'll blow a man straight to heaven," he said.

The tone of the event was set by chapter president John Henry Unger, whose opening remarks cited the "wonderful variety of weaponry on display, from little snub-nosed pieces that fit snugly in your pocket to big, meaty shooters with barrels as thick as your arm."

Unger then fired his father's prize Colt Peacemaker revolver into the air, drawing raucous applause from the crowd, many of whose own fathers had suppressed latent physical attraction for their adolescent sons by channeling forbidden feelings into totemistic firearms.

All over the convention floor, gun manufacturers proudly unveiled new technologies which will allow simmering homoerotic tensions to be expressed with greater nuance than ever before. At the Smith & Wesson booth, company spokesman Darrell Trace displayed a handgun made from a newly developed metal alloy whose "incredibly hard" nature, he explained, gives it no recoil after use, providing its user with "a far greater sense of control over his piece."

"It's a very comfortable gun, very soft in the hands," Trace added, noting that Smith & Wesson had designed the gun to appeal to "shooters tired of coming home from the firing range with sore, worn-out wrists."

But even as conventioneers reveled in a two-day orgy of firearm-to-phallus transference, a dark cloud hung over the event. The NRA has declined in power over the last decade, and its once-potent lobbyists have come out on the small end of key legislative battles like the Brady Bill, causing many members to bring their lifelong subconscious fears of castration to the fore.

"If the gun-control lobby wants my rod, they'll have to yank it from my dead body," said Pocatello-area bar-owner Joseph Greer, holding a tell-tale snub-nosed revolver.

"Those guys up there in Washington are tryin' to take our guns away, but we ain't gonna let 'em," Greer continued, adding classic paternal displacement to the already rich psychosexual tapestry. "No siree, Bob."

from the onion news service

bang bang shoot shoot

.and nice homoerotic come back, I might add.....in exactly the same tone as the Onion piece. Thank you.

Well, Bri, when I post that, one gets the feeling that our gun totin' friends are looking at each other and saying....uh, you post....no, you post.

Penetration has other, less "intellectual" meanings you know. Strange you should use exactly this word. Kind of a tipoff...methinks.

I think he must. Not hard to believe, it's part of his fetish. :)

Here, let me let out a lil' more rope for ya, old son (whoops, that could have homoerotic overtones...):D

pcford
05-11-2009, 12:50 AM
Here, let me let out a lil' more rope for ya, old son (whoops, that could have homoerotic overtones...):D

Wow. It must have taken you a lot of effort to do all those separate quotes. (And that cute li'l emoticon.)

I am honored, sir.

Phillip Allen
05-11-2009, 01:15 AM
now THERE'S an answer with a lot of penetration...maybe not

BrianW
05-11-2009, 01:23 AM
Wow. It must have taken you a lot of effort to do all those separate quotes. (And that cute li'l emoticon.)

I am honored, sir.

It's easy... go down the thread, find a post you want to quote, right click on the "quote" button and select "open in new tab" from the drop down menu. Repeat as needed.

Then go to each tab, edit out the BS (or select the BS), highlight what's left, CTRL-C (copy), then go to the original thread and CTRL-V (paste) in the reply block. Repeat as needed.

Nothing to it. :)

Phillip Allen
05-11-2009, 01:26 AM
so...much ado about nothing?

BETTY-B
05-11-2009, 01:48 AM
This sure is a worthwhile thread going here....

DAN

Phillip Allen
05-11-2009, 01:49 AM
thank you for your considered opinion

BETTY-B
05-11-2009, 02:02 AM
No problem.

BrianW
05-11-2009, 02:05 AM
I did post some abbreviated instructions for multiple quoting. That should be worth something. :D

BETTY-B
05-11-2009, 02:15 AM
True. That was useful. Thank you, Brian.

pcford
05-11-2009, 02:21 AM
This sure is a worthwhile thread going here....

DAN

They gotta post something since the original post was by their hero Chuck who posted an pro gun appeal by a known criminal, and I pointed it out. The thread was supposed to be a troll for the pro gun sanity people...yet they on balance posted plenty (more?)...even responding to my Onion Idaho homoerotic NRA meeting post.

(In fact, I do think there is something psychosexual in the extreme gun lobby...seriously. What do you think the correlation between homophobia and extreme gun nuttery is...pretty darn strong, I'd wager.)

On another topic, here's an idea for discussion: It is my theory that the more brainless a post (poster?) is, the more emoticons are used.

Anybody want to do some research?

Good time in Olympia, Dan. Glad we were able to get together. I had a friend's birthday party in Monroe to go to on Saturday night...was reluctant to go to Olympia but glad I went to both.

We now return you to our paranoid friends with the guns.

BETTY-B
05-11-2009, 02:34 AM
What do you think the correlation between homophobia and extreme gun nuttery is...pretty darn strong, I'd wager.)

I bet the numbers are pretty long.

Good time in Olympia, Dan. Glad we were able to get together.

Yes indeed.

I'm going to post a few more pics of it before I crash here too.

Hey Brian, so this time I just posted his quote once. Manually went in and typed the quote, end quote stuff to split it. There's more than one way to give a reach around.:)

BrianW
05-11-2009, 02:54 AM
Hey Brian, so this time I just posted his quote once. Manually went in and typed the quote, end quote stuff to split it. There's more than one way to give a reach around.:)

Oh man, that's so gay. (wanted to add a smiley, but now I am afraid of the implication)

isla
05-11-2009, 03:20 AM
Keep your 10 cents. :mad:

One of the benefits of a free society is that I am allowed to spend my ten cents any way I want.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
05-11-2009, 11:57 PM
Fighting illegal weapons trafficking is like the war on drugs, those that are determined to get them and use them will.

I agree, but it's worse than that. Stopping only 10% of the traffic does nothing for availability, but increases the street price much more than 10%, because it is an inelastic product, just like petroleum. So the drug producers make more profit due to our efforts to limit the supply. We are helping the drug producers and dealers.

I once saw a bumper sticker, "Help make me a wealthy and influential gun-runner. Ban guns."

Yeadon
05-12-2009, 12:06 AM
I'm looking for pcford.

pcford
05-12-2009, 12:31 AM
Oh, I'm here. Just enjoying the gun nuts play. My buddy and uber gun nut Chuck has set up a couple threads (this one and "bang bang. shoot shoot.") hoping to engage the pro gun sanity crowd. But he has succeeded mostly in throwing meat to his gun club pals.

Pretty funny.

The Bigfella
05-12-2009, 12:38 AM
Meanwhile, another 307 Americans got shot today (plus a few more in the Middle East). The price of freedom.

George Jung
05-17-2009, 12:08 AM
Damn! After I finished 'erasing' everything in PC's post that wasn't worth repeating..... not a thing left. :p

This one looks half-baked, BrianW, 'pseudo-environmentalist'.... right!

Try again.