Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bamamick
    • Nov 2003

Man vs. Food!

Does every town have some giant hamburger or pizza or something like that? We don't. The only thing that I know of anywhere near that sort of thing is the raw oyster eating record at Wintzell's. Same ol' same ol'. Break the record and it's free. I don't have a clue what the record is because I have eaten maybe one raw oyster in my life. I like them grilled or friend or in dressing at Thanskgiving, but not raw.

Anyway, I couldn't sleep tonight, and the 'man' was in Seattle, where he proceeded to eat parts of three or four of the giganticist cheeseburgers you ever saw and a 5 pound seafood platter before heading out to this diner where he attacked a 12-egg omelet with hash browns and toast. Took him over thirty minutes to eat it down to the last bite.....which he gave up on. Couldn't do it. 'Food' won.

All in all it was a pretty entertaining show. People eating. Who woudda thunk it?

Mickey Lake
    'A disciple of the Norse god of aesthetically pleasing boats, Johan Anker'
  • LeeG
    • May 2002

Re: Man vs. Food!

last night it was 5 habanero fritters,,ouch

Comment

• cybulski
      unwilling participant
      • Feb 2009

fire in the hole!!

Comment

• Mrleft8
        Banned
        • Feb 2000

A show highlighting the gross excesses of American society. 15 dozen raw oysters... A stack of six 13" pancakes.... A 96oz. steak with 2 baked potatoes.....A pizza that you could sleep on.... It is entertaining in a certain macabre way...

Comment

• Paul Pless
          pinko commie tree hugger
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Mrleft8
          A stack of six 13" pancakes....
          6??? that's nothing... One of my college roommates hiked the AT a few years ago. I joined him for a couple of weeks near Ashville. We stopped at a trailcrossing and had breakfast one day at an all you can eat place and he ate over 30 pancakes!!!
          Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• Mrleft8
            Banned
            • Feb 2000

That was just the teaser before the main challenge.

Comment

• LeeG
              • May 2002

Originally posted by Mrleft8
              A show highlighting the gross excesses of American society. 15 dozen raw oysters... A stack of six 13" pancakes.... A 96oz. steak with 2 baked potatoes.....A pizza that you could sleep on.... It is entertaining in a certain macabre way...
              just one more wafer

Comment

Working...