X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • huisjen
    innocent widdle bunny
    • Jun 2001

How long do we have to wait?

Obama is doing pretty well by most estimates. The polls show that the national mood is turning around. Before the inauguration, the vast majority felt we were on the wrong track. Now it's starting to tip the other way.

As conditions improve due to the Obama Administrations hard work and thoughtful planning, how long will it be until we have the usual gang claiming that Shrub's final days in a lame-duck, caretaker, barely out of bed by noon, rats abandoning a sinking ship, gotterdamerung administration paved the way for this turn around, and no credit should go to the big O?

Now, don't all of you newly minted "independents" shout out at once and drown each other out.

Dan
    Master of The Ensign's Gig: a 7 1/2 foot flat bottom plywood skiff,
    and Prudence: Lightning #7896.

Think Good Thoughts.
    Thoughts become words.
    Words become actions.
    Actions become habits.
    Habits become character.
    Character becomes destiny.
  • 2MeterTroll
    impossible, is not
    • Mar 2009

Re: How long do we have to wait?

uh could you say that in english please?
    all this politi speak is hard to translate Google just gives up.
    Ernie
    www.ernieanderica.info

Comment

• Phillip Allen
      • May 2002

too much starch in the undies again Dan?
      The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
      Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

• huisjen
        innocent widdle bunny
        • Jun 2001

I don't starch anything. And these skivvies are due for the wash any day now, so even if they'd been starched, it'd be gone by now.

Dan
        Master of The Ensign's Gig: a 7 1/2 foot flat bottom plywood skiff,
        and Prudence: Lightning #7896.

Think Good Thoughts.
        Thoughts become words.
        Words become actions.
        Actions become habits.
        Habits become character.
        Character becomes destiny.

Comment

• John Smith
          • Mar 2009

Originally posted by huisjen
          Obama is doing pretty well by most estimates. The polls show that the national mood is turning around. Before the inauguration, the vast majority felt we were on the wrong track. Now it's starting to tip the other way.

As conditions improve due to the Obama Administrations hard work and thoughtful planning, how long will it be until we have the usual gang claiming that Shrub's final days in a lame-duck, caretaker, barely out of bed by noon, rats abandoning a sinking ship, gotterdamerung administration paved the way for this turn around, and no credit should go to the big O?

Now, don't all of you newly minted "independents" shout out at once and drown each other out.

Dan
          How long is a good question.

The American people, generally, are pretty impatient. It is hoped we'll see some positive results of Obama's action before that patience runs out.
          "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

• George Roberts
            Banned
            • Nov 1999

Individuals who own bonds in GM seem to be upset by the government offering them 1/3 of market value. Auto workers seem happy.

Bankers seem to like a lot of the government's handouts. Home owners with mortgages seem less pleased.

Like all presidents Mr. Obama takes from some and gives to others.

I suppose health care reform, global warming prevention, and debt repayment will provide more winners and losers.

---

Turn around? Was there a downturn that I missed?

Comment

• Rigadog
              • Apr 2007

How are things doing out in Potter's Field?
              If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

Comment

• Rigadog
                • Apr 2007

Is this a recent picture of George?

If he ever drinks the brew of 10 tanna leaves, he will become a monster the likes of which the world has never seen

Comment

• Garrett Lowell
                  • Apr 2002

Dan
                  Who knew that Dan and Norm were the same person? But to answer your question, I'd say we'll have to wait until any of your above scenario actually happens.
                  Last edited by Garrett Lowell; 04-30-2009, 04:06 PM.
                  Berryville, VA: A quaint little drinking community with a farming problem.

Comment

• BrianW
                    not your average member
                    • Nov 2002

how long will it be...
                    Dan
                    Here?

About 30 seconds after another cool C&P hits the Democratic Underground, we'll see it repeated here by the usual suspects.
                    “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Comment

• George Roberts
                      Banned
                      • Nov 1999

"Bankers seem to like a lot of the government's handouts. Home owners with mortgages seem less pleased."

"How are things doing out in Potter's Field?"

Come to think about it ---

Mr. Obama has a view much like Mr. Potter.

Comment

• John Smith
                        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by George Roberts
                        "Bankers seem to like a lot of the government's handouts. Home owners with mortgages seem less pleased."

"How are things doing out in Potter's Field?"

Come to think about it ---

Mr. Obama has a view much like Mr. Potter.
                        I can only speak for myself, and I agree with much of what our new president is trying to do. In my view, he's absolutely correct in thinking we MUST fix ALL factors of our economy if we are to grow out of this present mess. That includes healthcare, education, and energy (not just from an environmental standpoint, but from a cost to our companies standpoint). If we don't do all of this, I am certain we will be bankrupt soon.

If we take our best shot as all these things, we may find it is too late, that the hole we are in, or were in when Obama took office, is too deep to dig out of, and we still are doomed.

However, if this spending takes root, and things do grow well, millions and millions of Americans getting well paying jobs and paying taxes on those incomes will pay down our debt; at least there'd be a good shot. Doing nothing won't help at all.

On the other hand, after 8 years of our justice department being Bush's justice department, I am disappointed by Obama's comments in regard to holding people accountable for torture.

His opinion, in my opinion, should have from the start been that it's the call of the justice department, not the president.
                        "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

• rbgarr
                          43.50.918 N, 69.38.583 W
                          • Apr 1999

I hope it just runs off his and the voters back like water. Who cares? It would just be a ploy for getting power anyway.
                          For the most part experience is making the same mistakes over and over again, only with greater confidence.

Comment

• Nicholas Scheuer
                            • Aug 2006

I've long figured that Obama would do a very good job if elected. These days I'm willing to disingage myself from following the media's latest hour-by-hour coverage of events in Washington.

It's all strarting to sound and look like the Media built itself up during the campaign in order to cover all the bases, and now they don't want to lay anybody off. Well, while the loyalty is admirable, economic facts of life may run counter to that.

As for "loualty", I tend to be loyal to a fault. So if Obama makes a few missteps, it's no "deal breaker" as far as I'm concerned.

As for the exhaustive coverage of Michelle, the daughters Sasha and Malia, and Bo, the dog? Keep it coming!

Moby Nick

Comment

• Phillip Allen
                              • May 2002

I don't want to hear anything about Obama's family...expecially his daughters...I don't like the circus...it stinks of horse s**t
                              The doctrine of nonresistance against arbitrary power, and oppression, is absurd, slavish, and destructive of the good and happiness of mankind.
                              Personal failures are too important to be trusted to others.

Comment

Working...