PDA

View Full Version : Can't b*tch

Bill R
04-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Sun is shining, birds are chirping, and I live in a beautiful part of the world.

The evil has been exorcised from the office phone system, and I get to hang out in a boatyard all day while other people hang and aim antennas for me while I watch.

Life is good.

seanz
04-24-2009, 06:46 AM
It's always nice to take a moment to think "This bit, this is a good bit".
:)

Paul Pless
04-24-2009, 06:47 AM
Can't b*tchI can! Been up since five, cause I had to take Katherine to the office early. And I haven't had any coffee yet because I have a fasting blood draw scheduled for 8:15. After that's over I'm going to try to get my Michigan driver's license for the fourth time in a month. Each time I go they require an additional document, wtf? You'd think a Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, Alabama Driver's License, a credit card, an ATM card, and an insurance card would be enough wouldn't you? I was turned away last time...

Paul Pless
04-24-2009, 06:48 AM
Oh... have a nice day Bill.:)

John Smith
04-24-2009, 06:54 AM
I can! Been up since five, cause I had to take Katherine to the office early. And I haven't had any coffee yet because I have a fasting blood draw scheduled for 8:15. After that's over I'm going to try to get my Michigan driver's license for the fourth time in a month. Each time I go they require an additional document, wtf? You'd think a Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, Alabama Driver's License, a credit card, an ATM card, and an insurance card would be enough wouldn't you? I was turned away last time...
If it helps, black coffee doesn't impact the fasting test.

I share your pain with the drivers license thing. It would be nice if they could do like Disneyworld does. There, when you get your park pass, you put a finger on a screen and it registers your finger print as belonging to that pass. Seems Motor Vehicle could do that as well.

As for having to take Kathleen to work early, at least she's got a job to get taken too.

I find myself unable to complain much, as I'm probably doing better than most, even though I'm not doing great. Being retired, I have no job to worry about losing, my home is paid for, my car is paid for.

stevebaby
04-24-2009, 06:59 AM
Every day above ground is a good one.

huisjen
04-24-2009, 07:03 AM
Sarabelle is off taking care of her mom, who is sick this week. I've hardly gotten to see her all week. And yesterday, our cat Doubtless got run over and killed.

But today is a new day.

Dan

Pernicious Atavist
04-24-2009, 07:05 AM
I'm with ya, Bill! Good weather all weekend, warming into the 80s. Finish the pergola I'm building, which I always enjoy, then off for some fly fishing, shrimping and clamming and a bit of a sail to get me there. Might just take along some charcoal, a fry pan and a bottle of something and hang out on a beach to take it all in.

I could bitch about being under employed, living in a cultural backwater and here without my woman, but it would do no good. So I won't.

John Smith
04-24-2009, 07:07 AM
Sarabelle is off taking care of her mom, who is sick this week. I've hardly gotten to see her all week. And yesterday, our cat Doubtless got run over and killed.

But today is a new day.

Dan
We tend all too often to get bogged down in life's little tragedies. Imagine, if you can, living in a home, a storm comes, and that home and everything in it is gone. Then, imagine your home owners policy finds a way to not cover it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say life is good. In fact, if I had the choice, I'd prefer to have not done it at all, but I'm doing much better than an awful lot of other people. May not be a rose, but it's sure a flower worth stopping to smell from time to time.

Paul Pless
04-24-2009, 09:10 AM
Well back from the doctor's office, drinking a strong coffee with cream and sugar and a couple of chocolate chip cookies and some bacon for breakfast.:D

Once again a failure at the Secretary of State's Office. What an effing farce...:mad:

oznabrag
04-24-2009, 12:24 PM
Well back from the doctor's office, drinking a strong coffee with cream and sugar and a couple of chocolate chip cookies and some bacon for breakfast.:D

Once again a failure at the Secretary of State's Office. What an effing farce...:mad:

When I moved back to Texas in 2007, it took me 4 tries to get a Texas DL. EVEN THOUGH I HAD HELD ONE BEFORE!!!

You can thank the Department of Homeland (in)Security.

John T

Concordia...41
04-24-2009, 08:33 PM
Dan - Sorry :(

Paul - I thought our family was the only one to enjoy chocolate chip cookies and bacon for breakfast :D

Garrett Lowell
04-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Sun is shining, birds are chirping, and I live in a beautiful part of the world.

The evil has been exorcised from the office phone system, and I get to hang out in a boatyard all day while other people hang and aim antennas for me while I watch.

Life is good.

Along with the above scenario, a giant margarita would push this over to utopia.