PDA

View Full Version : Sat Pic.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
04-01-2009, 11:16 AM
http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=37702&src=eorss-iotd

Red river flood - looks like quite a mess.

Keith Wilson
04-01-2009, 11:30 AM
And it's snowing again in Fargo, another ten inches over the past couple of days, it looks like. I think the worst is over - although I'm going up to Winnipeg on Saturday, and will have to take a different route. I-94 and I-29 are both still closed.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
04-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Fetch the sprog back from college?

That has to be the business end of a thousand mile round trip - fun.

Keith Wilson
04-01-2009, 11:57 AM
Not that far - around 350 miles each way, but maybe more this time to avoid the floods. He's not done until the end of April; I'm just going up to visit and bring back some excess baggage. He'll be back in Minnesota with his sweetie next year anyway - I expected him to go to Canada and get a degree, instead he's acquired a fiancée! I'm still kind of in shock. OTOH, she's a complete sweetheart. I doubt he could do much better, but I don't know if I'm ready for all this. :eek:

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
04-01-2009, 12:46 PM
Under precisely controlled scientific conditions, the experimental animal will:

Do as it damn well pleases

I spent last weekend on the 800 mile round trip to recover sprog and some very strange gear from Uni.

Keith Wilson
04-01-2009, 12:50 PM
Under precisely controlled scientific conditions, the experimental animal will:
Do as it damn well pleases.Don't I know it! He's the second child, so I've been pretty well beaten into acquiescence, or at least apathy by now. OTOH, #1 daughter has been showing some remarkable signs of growing up lately . .