PDA

View Full Version : Latest Healthcare Scare Tactic

Nicholas Scheuer
03-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Some smug republican just asked in a news interview hw we would like Government Healthcare to be like our local License Breau, or like the IRS?

Well, our License Offices here in Illinois aren't bad at all.

And Minnesota's license outlets are really good.

Next question?

Moby Nick

Captain Blight
03-07-2009, 08:02 PM
I had to transfer title of a Wisconsin car and change a Florida driver's license both to MN. Took me about 15 minutes in South Saint Paul.

I could have done it in downtown Minneapolis if it weren't for the stupid parking; I am one of the very few Americans who calls ahead and makes an appointment with the DMV.

ljb5
03-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Republicans spend half their time complaining that government doesn't work... and the other half of their time trying to prevent it from working.

America has figured it out. We ain't buying it anymore.

BrianW
03-07-2009, 08:48 PM
Silly comparison for him to make. It's not like long lines at the DMV are a popular complaint around the country.

Todd D
03-07-2009, 09:21 PM
It always amazes me how people with absolutely no experience with a single payer health care system pontificate as if they know exactly how such systems work. I lived in Canada for 22 years and never had a problem with the health care there. I chose my own doctor and was treated when I needed it. I never had to wait for anything. It was very nice to go to the doctor and not have to put up a cent. Despite what the righties say, you do pay though taxes, so it isn't free. Personally I don't mind having some of my taxes go for health care rather than weapons.

In addition, I also don't understand why US business doesn't demand a tax funded single payer system. Such a system would reduce health care expenses for business to almost zero. I don't say zero because I assume that employers would use coverage for things like drugs or dental to attract employees.