PDA

View Full Version : Another reason to not take online courses

cs
03-03-2009, 01:45 PM
So this week is mid-terms. At the beginning of the semester I had to set up a proctor, someone with a "professional" e-mail address, to administer my mid term and my final. All of my test information and such is sent to me via the proctor. I've never done anything like this, so this is all new to me.

I set my Chief up at the Guard as my proctor and he was all in agreement with this. Last week the information was e-mailed out to Chief and I was trying to set up this week to do the mid term tomorrow (there is a time frame that this has to be done in).

So the Chief has all of this, but guess what? He has to leave town on a mission and will be gone all week. :( When I talk with him on the phone he said that he would forward the password and stuff to his wife (who is our commander) and he would e-mail me the worksheet.

I went down today to get with the Captain about the mid term and trying to set up a time to do this. But the Captain wasn't there. Turns out that her Mom had a stroke last night. I'm sure she has bigger things on her mind than my mid term and I hope her Mom is alright.

But that leaves me running out of time with nobody to administer my mid-term.:(

Hopefully we can get this worked out.

Another wrinkle. The Chief was thinking that I could do this on my laptop issued at the Guard, but to take the test you have to download what the school calls a "lockdown browser" and with government you are not allowed to download and install, heck I don't even have permissions to load printers.

Chad

Hwyl
03-03-2009, 03:28 PM
Good luck Chad, seems you have an ironclad case for time flexibility

cs
03-03-2009, 03:45 PM
If sent my instructor an e-mail about this. Hopefully we can get this worked out without needing a time extension.

Chad

switters
03-03-2009, 03:58 PM
I got so frustrated trying to get any education while still in the service. Twice I was enrolled at UC Irvine while on night shift. And after talking to everyone all the way up t o the CO who told me it was a great thing to start on my college...I got sent TAD 30 days halfway through the semester both times. Which sucked, because then I had to pay for the entire cost of the school the same as if I had failed.

Like I needed to see what 29 palms looked like again.