PDA

View Full Version : Gran Torino tool kit

Dan McCosh
02-21-2009, 05:22 PM
The Clint Eastwood movie Gran Torino had a bit filmed in a local hardware store, where he buys some tools for a kid. I was in the store today, and they had packaged a pair of vice grips, a can of WD 40, and a roll of duct tape with the label: "You can fix anything with these". They said they are selling quite a few. The woman behind the counter also says she has recorded every Red Green show.

Katherine
02-21-2009, 07:38 PM
So are you handsome or handy?

Gary E
02-21-2009, 07:52 PM
We're all pullin for ya ...

Have not seen that show in many years...

Pugwash
02-21-2009, 07:56 PM
We're all pullin for ya ...

Have not seen that show in many years...

It's on PBS every week, here at least.

:D

StevenBauer
02-21-2009, 08:31 PM
We got the kids toolboxes for Christmas one year with a hammer and tape measure in them. Following years they got speed squares, block planes, combination squares, vice grips, adjustable wrenches, utility knives and 5 in 1 screwdrivers. I just don't want them to take any of my tools with them when they move out. :D

Steven

Pernicious Atavist
02-21-2009, 10:45 PM
First saw Red Green when I was in Caribou...thought I was gonna split a gut!

Paul Girouard
02-21-2009, 11:22 PM
Keep your stick on the ice eh!

pipefitter
02-22-2009, 08:57 AM
"I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess."

huisjen
02-22-2009, 11:13 AM
I gave a tool-less friend a starter kit for christmas. Hammer, multi-pack of pliers and adjustable wrench, hand saw, screwdrivers, set of drill and driver bits, and the cheapest VSR 3/8" drill I've ever seen. The drill motor cost $9.00, and probably wouldn't hold up in an industrial setting, but she's a homeowner type with limited needs.

Anyway, she was very excited. She chucked up a bit and started looking around the living room with a gleam in her eye, stating loudly, "This is so cool! I wanna DRILL something!!"

Funny, but just a little scary at the same time.

Dan

Captain Blight
02-22-2009, 01:27 PM
Anyway, she was very excited. She chucked up a bit and started looking around the living room with a gleam in her eye, stating loudly, "This is so cool! I wanna DRILL something!!"

DanI know EXACTLY the look you mean. Terrifyin', you start wondering if she's gonna want to start on your skull eventually...

epoxyboy
02-27-2009, 10:37 PM
The Clint Eastwood movie Gran Torino had a bit filmed in a local hardware store, where he buys some tools for a kid. I was in the store today, and they had packaged a pair of vice grips, a can of WD 40, and a roll of duct tape with the label: "You can fix anything with these". They said they are selling quite a few. The woman behind the counter also says she has recorded every Red Green show.

You use the WD40 when something should move, but it doesn't. You use the duct tape when something shouldn't move, but it does. I guess the vice grips are for everthing else.

Pete

Stiletto
02-28-2009, 12:29 AM

Thank God you never gave her a chainsaw( or gun).:eek: