PDA

View Full Version : Yay! My website is up at last

jevvv
02-04-2009, 03:12 PM
Yay! My website is up at last!

Hubby and I are heading a trust which is in the middle of buying Maggie, an 'oversize' Chesapeake Bay Skipjack, schooner rig, to take young teens and preteens out on for a weekend or a week- get them away from home and their usual social circles, do some sailing, swimming etc

We're also going to be heading up to the western South Pacific for out of the hurricane season to see how we can help up there.

Mission Adventure Trust site (http://www.mission-adventure.org.nz)

Since I've never done a website before I'm reasonably happy with it too ;)

S.V. Airlie
02-04-2009, 03:17 PM
Congrats.. I did find your site a bit stilted though... As one who ran several non-profits, to me, it was a bit awkward.

Good luck though.. The concepts/ideas are great and I'm all for your attempts to find a specific niche.

jevvv
02-04-2009, 03:23 PM
Good point- I'd actually asked the other trust members to give me text to put on it, but ended up having to write the whole thing myself.

I'll end up editing it sometime, so will work on that.

Thanks for the comment though :)

(can I see any sites for those non-profits, even if you aren't in them anymore?)

S.V. Airlie
02-04-2009, 03:27 PM
Good point- I'd actually asked the other trust members to give me text to put on it, but ended up having to write the whole thing myself.

(can I see any sites for those non-profits, even if you aren't in them anymore?)

Little
Tennessee Watershed Assoc.
Assateaugue Coastal Trust..

you can google those. I was working on them and they too need (ed)work when I was Director but you will get an idea.

First off, I;d narrow your intentions as in mission statement.. It this education as in academics, religious education, sailing,.. ? What really is your mission? Either your statements are too broad or too vague.

S.V. Airlie
02-04-2009, 03:30 PM

I have learned with board members that most are all talk and no action ( as in assistance).. The work always ends up in your lap.. Except for the complaints which are as free as advice given.

S.V. Airlie
02-04-2009, 03:37 PM
Do you actually have a brief "mission statement" that is brief, clear and to the point?

jevvv
02-04-2009, 03:44 PM
Not personally- but I'm sure someone in the trust does- I'll get onto them about it.

I really need to redo the front page, I'm happier with some of the other ones.

jevvv
02-04-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi Patrick, yes I know of PYM- in fact we (earlier group of us with the same vision) were offered a motor vessel MV Pacific Ruby and passed it on to YWAM who were getting going with their medical ship thing at the time but needed a ship for the Pacific. Our yachtie group was called PYM, but kinda disbanded and passed the name on too.

I'll have a chat with my guys and see if they can put you in touch with anyone this end.

Yes a Trust here (New Zealand) is a non-profit in the US ;)

Yeadon
02-04-2009, 04:14 PM
Welcome to life on the internet. First, people will complain that you don't have a website, then once you do, they will complain about your website.

Nevertheless, online is a great place to be ... congratulations on the launch.

jevvv
02-04-2009, 05:47 PM
Thanks Yeadon :)

Tis the nature of folks ;)

Spin_Drift
02-05-2009, 01:04 AM
Looking at your web site, I kept thinking what good people you all are.

....And what a wonderful thing you are doing for people, -young and old, -in pleasure, education and distress.

God Bless You...

Captain Blight
02-05-2009, 01:26 AM
What a coincidence! I bought a domain name this morning and have been putzing around with the webdesign all day long. I'm putting it together to reflect my American running-dog capitalist pig tendencies, though. You guys are a lot more altruistic!

Seriously, your page looks pretty good. I hope mine turns out as well.

jevvv
02-05-2009, 01:30 AM
Thanks Spin and Captain.

JimD
02-05-2009, 10:24 AM
Thanks for the good work you're doing.