PDA

View Full Version : Anyone who wants my new handlebars...

stevebaby
02-03-2009, 04:42 PM
...will have to pry them out of my cold dead hands!
http://www.jitensha.com/eng/images/nittotourbar.jpg
:D

TimH
02-03-2009, 04:46 PM
I like carbon myself :)

stevebaby
02-03-2009, 04:49 PM
I like carbon myself :)"...frozen snot".:D
Disclosure: I have carbon bars on one of my bikes.

Captain Blight
02-03-2009, 04:52 PM
I just bought a Nitto North Road handlebar I'm going to mount upside-down for a little drop. Going on an urban commuter I'm building. I had thought about making a set out of laminated white oak but who needs an extra pound and a half of weight for a curiousity?

Paul Pless
02-03-2009, 05:00 PM
i've been think about a handlebar mustache myself for a while now... katherine keeps saying noooo... but i think this is one of those times when 'no' means 'yes'

stevebaby
02-03-2009, 05:20 PM
I just bought a Nitto North Road handlebar I'm going to mount upside-down for a little drop. Going on an urban commuter I'm building. I had thought about making a set out of laminated white oak but who needs an extra pound and a half of weight for a curiousity?If the rider weighs (say) 180lb. and the bike weighs (say) 25lb. for total weight of (say)205lb., then a couple of pounds weight is not of much significance to the vast majority of riders.Racers may get some benefit.
My bikes weigh between 10 and 13 Kg., and apart from the gearing, I don't notice the difference...until I carry the bike up some stairs.
In case anyone's interested...the bike specs...
Frame: Tange Infinity...triple butted (?) lightweight
Wheelset: Velocity Synergy double wall and eyeletted, laced to Shimano Dura Ace (600 AX) NOS hubs.Schwalbe Marathon tyres
Derailleurs: Dura Ace FD, Shimano Crane RD, both NOS
Brakes: Shimano ParraPull centre pull calipers, Dura Ace Levers, both NOS
Headset and bottom bracket: Dura Ace, NOS
Saddle: Spoiled for choice here! Either Dura Ace, SR Sakae or Campagnolo seatpost with a choice of Brooks Swallow, Swift or B17 saddles (the Swallow looks best, but the B17 is well broken in and the most comfortable.
Bars and stem: Nitto Randonneur bars with fitted elkskin covers, Cambio Rino 2 bolt stem (anodised gold) New and NOS
Pedals: Cambio Rino racing pedals with toeclips and straps, NOS
Crankset: Dura Ace 52/42, very lightly used, polished to look new.
Shifters: Suntour downtube non indexed, lightly used, polished to look new.
The bike hasn't bee assembled yet...it's a collection of parts until I decide between chrome plating the frame or painting it...can't decide on colour/paint scheme and decals.
Pix will definitely be posted at some time in the near future.

TimH
02-03-2009, 05:22 PM
I weigh +-200lbs

my bike weighs 15.2

I can feel the added weight of a full water bottle.

Anyway I cant believe you are equating a new set of handle bars to hand gun ownership. They arent the same thing!

Chris Coose
02-03-2009, 05:24 PM
Anyway I cant believe you are equating a new set of handle bars to hand gun ownership.

That is a meth pipe

Captain Blight
02-03-2009, 05:30 PM
That is a meth syringefixed that for ya

stevebaby
02-03-2009, 05:32 PM
I weigh +-200lbs

my bike weighs 15.2

I can feel the added weight of a full water bottle.

Anyway I cant believe you are equating a new set of handle bars to hand gun ownership. They arent the same thing!The thread is about handlebars...not guns.
I didn't equate handlebars and guns. You did.
Not everything is about guns.

Chris Coose
02-03-2009, 05:36 PM
A meth enema device.

S/V Laura Ellen
02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
i've been think about a handlebar mustache myself for a while now... katherine keeps saying noooo... but i think this is one of those times when 'no' means 'yes'

Go for it!!

I dare ya!!:D

stevebaby
02-03-2009, 05:46 PM
A meth enema device.I bow to your expert knowledge!
On second thought...maybe "bowing" was a poor choice...