PDA

View Full Version : *&^%^&$#@S.O.B.'s

paladin
02-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Lawyers came through two weeks ago.....we signed preliminary papers for the technology etc.....then they sent me the first check with the release papers for the technology transfer......They're sitting on my desk.....I had not sent the check to my account......I called the bank in Indiana this afternoon.....they said the check wouldn't clear.....I'm not in a good mood....and no one answers at their office....I did find out that they had used the technology info to get a VERY LARGE pre approved bank loan.....Now I know why I hate dealing with these weenies....I get constant reminders.:mad:

Paul Pless
02-02-2009, 06:16 PM
that effing sucks...

Phillip Allen
02-02-2009, 06:18 PM
now what?

Hwyl
02-02-2009, 06:19 PM
I would not like to be in their shoes right now.

I hope it works out for you Chuck, count to ten.

Paul Pless
02-02-2009, 06:21 PM
I would not like to be in their shoes right now. you got that right for sure

paladin
02-02-2009, 07:07 PM
Just a wee bit bent outta shape....but......I think what they are doing is creating a technology startup company and are waiting for the bank to release the funds....just glad I didn't deposit the check, although it was dated two weeks ago.
The first check was gonna pay for the new boat.....but I think I'll wait for the second one so that I have the nest egg, I agreed to take my payout over a two year period, with the bank guaranteeing payment in case they do a belly flop.

Tar Devil
02-02-2009, 07:15 PM
Fingers crossed, Chuck!

Hollingsworth
02-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Keep trying to get in touch with them. These days, lots of folks playing it too close to the bone. It may come through for you yet.

From the title, I thought this was going to be another Rod Blagojevich thread...

bamamick
02-02-2009, 07:23 PM
Uh, Chuck. Don't you know 'people'? I am pretty sure that some of the 'people' you know they would not like to know, at all. Might be an option at least towards making sure you get your check cleared?

Mickey Lake

Katherine
02-02-2009, 07:25 PM
If I promise to be rail meat on the new boat, will that cheer you up?:o:D

P.S. Can you hold any thing back from them until the last check clears the bank?

P.P.S You could always call Guido.

Chris Ostlind
02-02-2009, 07:37 PM
... You could always call Guido.

Sarducci?

Captain Blight
02-02-2009, 07:43 PM
Blight. Guido Blight. He's just a guy I know.

paladin
02-02-2009, 09:07 PM
The design has not been released yet.....They have a potential1100 times9200 bucks ($10,120,000) order that must be delivered in 6 months....and dragging feet can cost them the order plus a penalty for non delivery....and the good news is I get 30% of it.....to pay for my expenses for the design and development, then royalties for the life of the product....probably my estate, or a couple of sexy sweet things or hot and cold running maids. They are licensing my company logo also and several other things, and after 9 months I gave them an option for $300K for all the test equipment that I own....after a couple three checks I won't want the test equipment any more....won't do this stuff, just draw pics, sip Zaya./Takara...chase dawg....gotta see how small a dialysis machine is.....

Uncle Duke
02-03-2009, 12:11 PM
gotta see how small a dialysis machine is.....If you get bored you could always have a shot at designing a smaller one. You know, something to do while the hot/cold running maids get their strength back....:D

paladin
02-03-2009, 12:29 PM
I guess the bank called them that I was processing the check.....had a couple of very "hurried" calls this morning and apologizing as they are a little behind with their "progress", and asked me to wait until the first of the week......I told them call me in Aruba, the stress was gonna cost more.

Spin_Drift
02-03-2009, 05:03 PM
I would think they will pay you. Too much to lose if they don't.

Good luck. I hope it will turn out as it should....

Paul Pless
02-03-2009, 05:08 PM
Chuck, I woulda thought the usual way that you get paid for your line of work was with a briefcase full of cash, not a check...;)

paladin
02-03-2009, 08:36 PM
Dunno work for those folks anymore, Paul...now I keep notes on all the little stuff I designed over the years and either sell a design or license it. Royalties are usually much better spread out over 3-5 years for some stuff....but technology changes so fast these days that some design work is old in 6 months....I wrote and self produced about 350 three ring binder notebooks on surveillance techniques and how to hide things without getting caught, made nice training manuals, and those brought $550 each, and I made several such projects over the years...and now I'm very tired of it.