PDA

View Full Version : bersa thunder .380

james burt
01-31-2009, 11:50 PM
not sure how this site is on reviewing pistols
but i just bought one at the local gun show today.
waiting line to get in the parking lot, same to get a ticket
and took all day to see everything in the bldg.

but everything i have read, said this was a very good gun, (working on my ccl)
just wanting to know if anybody out there has one and what they think of it.

thx

paladin
02-01-2009, 12:16 AM
If you paid well under $300 you got a deal.....matte black price retail $310 , Nickle $336.00 if you have the 8 round magazine it's not interchangeable with the 7 or 9 round models so keep that in mind....has decent reputation.

james burt
02-01-2009, 12:23 AM
$190 with tax, thought it was just the pistol and the box, till my wife started
messing with it, came with a new type of safety locking key, all the paperwork
everything, even the test fire casing from the factory. they said used, but i q-tipped the chamber, no carbon, no metal wear, nada.
i think this one will be a keeper. ")

paladin
02-01-2009, 12:26 AM
If you need the owners manual, you can go on the Bersa site and download it.

Glen Longino
02-01-2009, 01:12 AM
Shoulda got two at that price. One for your leg.

paladin
02-01-2009, 09:06 PM
I am not knocking your choice of weapons...but for a concealed carry I would have gone with a lightweight FEG....which may be the exact same weapon internally. It is an airweight copy of the PPK but with a slightly longer (like 1/4 inch) grip, that makes a large difference in my hand. The FEG's are made in Budapest....I bought mine in Thailand in the mid 60's and never regretted it.

Joe (SoCal)
02-02-2009, 09:44 AM
Yup Anouther Gun Thread :rolleyes:

Phillip Allen
02-02-2009, 11:00 AM
I've never owned one of those sorts of pistols...

Tar Devil
02-02-2009, 11:05 AM
I have a Bryco .380 - most lethal when thrown at an assailant!

ccmanuals
02-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Christiangunowner.com WTF!!!!!

james burt
02-02-2009, 01:48 PM
luckily, it came with everything, was very surprised, even the safe key and the first casing that was test fired.
it's the concealed version. no hook on the magazine
nope, have owned several other's before, prior military. use to shoot competition
will take a look at the starfire, but was advised to carry what the police here carry.

relax, joe, this is the bilge.

ucb4ume
02-02-2009, 03:02 PM
I have a friend who has a Bersa Thunder .380. He likes it just fine. The only problem he has with it is the price of the ammo. .380 cost 2x to 3x more than 9mm.

Paul Pless
02-02-2009, 04:00 PM
I owned one of these pocket rockets for a while, before lighter guns really became proven and available and cheap.

I was very happy with mine, eventually I gave it to one of my sisters after having not picked it up for a couple of years.

http://www.remtek.com/arms/sig/model/230/230.gif

cs
02-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Doug I think he was referring to what the local cops carry as a hide-away. Most of the cops that I know carry .380's as a hide-away.

Chad

james burt
02-03-2009, 09:20 AM
as far as the rounds go, the type and brand. i think they (police) carry winchester rangers. the ccl is going, just takes about 6 months to get everything checked.
as far as why, a few months ago a few wanna be thugs / gang boys broke into my house. even gave the police the tag number on the car and it still took them a month to crack the case. the ccl class was basically to inform me of my options and then decided to go through with it, so i can know where and when to carry, and how to carry.
we live in a very safe town and go days w/o locking our back door, i think this was a get-back at me, cause i had their tag removed off of the street close to my house. now they are each looking at 7 felonies, each. small price to pay for putting legal boot to a$$. ")

Glen Longino
02-04-2009, 01:07 AM
Good point Chad. I hadn't thought of that.

Doug

I carried a .38 derringer(2 shots) in my right front pants pocket.
Never had to use it.

james burt
02-04-2009, 03:21 PM
yeah, thought about the dog
but i have a beagle, as he lives in a kennel while we are at work
so not much good there, but he does the job outside, already stopped two
teenagers in their track's a few weeks ago.
been looking at pitbull's, but then again, she will also be in a kennel while gone.
have a friend that makes wireless, motion camera's that email the pix to you email when set off. course that does does stop a thief but then again makes
it very hand when trying to catch someone.

Todd Bradshaw
02-04-2009, 04:46 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/tbradshaw/Music%20stuff/PR.jpg

sealover
02-07-2009, 08:33 AM
I have a Firestorm .380 -- same gun, apparently Firestorm/Bersa is like Chevy/GMC. It's been great for me. Never ever a jam or misfire, even on the cheapest of ammo. Feels great in the hand. The clip with the half finger grip on it makes it more comfortable for me, but I just shoot at the range, I don't carry.

You might be able to pick up the Firestorm cheaper because of it's no-name status. Still made by the same skilled Argentinians.

paladin
02-07-2009, 10:02 AM
RE Todd Bradshaw's poster....we all know what happened to Tom Horn.

Ahimsakid
02-17-2009, 11:35 PM
My wife brought home a Bersa Thunder. I like it, haven't used it enuf to gage reliability.

pila
02-18-2009, 01:18 AM
I had a Colt .380 back in the 60s but don't really remember much about it. Didn't shoot it a lot.