PDA

View Full Version : How 'bout them Cardinals!

John of Phoenix
01-30-2009, 04:13 PM
Anyone going to watch the game? What's the latest spread?

I still can't believe the Cards are going to the Big Dance. Out here, we're all wondering which team got on the plane to Tampa - the good guys or their bumbling twins.

Rigadog, you pullin' for the Red Birds? :razz:

Flying Orca
01-30-2009, 04:29 PM
OK, what kinda baseball, or whatever it is, is this, now?

John of Phoenix
01-30-2009, 04:40 PM
The Cards last trip to a championship game.

Cardinals 0, Eagles 7

http://assets.espn.go.com/photo/2008/1022/page2_g_buren1_sw_580.jpg

It's been a long dry spell for the Cards. This is 1948 and they were the Chicago Cardinals.

Flying Orca
01-30-2009, 04:49 PM
Ah, American "football". I should have read more carefully.

But didn't the "football" championship happen already? I seem to recall some folks hereabouts (Chad and others) getting all worked up about it...

Tar Devil
01-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Well, John, I'm gonna be on the other side of the field from you. It ain't the team.... just a select group of Phoenix residents (and former employers) that'll have me rooting for Pittsburgh.

John of Phoenix
01-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Let's hope for a good game.

It's a bummer when the most excitement is the commercials.

Taylor Tarvin
01-30-2009, 05:08 PM
I'm going to be in Manchester, England and for some reason thats not the kind of football they broadcast. Have to go with Pittsburg though John.

bamamick
01-30-2009, 05:18 PM
How about 'em? Will they win? No one seems to think so, but I was very impressed with how physical they were against the Eagles, and we all know that the Steelers do NOT want to get into a scoring contest with them.

Kind of an odd team. James and Boldin say they want out. No one knows if Warner will be the man next year. But here they are, one great game away from winning it all.

My pick would be the Steelers, of course. #1 defense in almost every category must be respected, but I am hoping for a good game, and yeah, I will watch it.

Mickey Lake

John of Phoenix
01-30-2009, 05:19 PM
Have to go with Pittsburg though John.
It's not like we're wildy optimistic ourselves. ;)

Trivia: The Cardinal franchise has lost more games than any other team in NFL history - 647 losses, 105 more than the second place Lions.

cs
01-30-2009, 06:22 PM
Ah, American "football". I should have read more carefully.

But didn't the "football" championship happen already? I seem to recall some folks hereabouts (Chad and others) getting all worked up about it...

That would have been the Bowl Championship Series (BCS) which is the college level. This is the Superbowl, the pro level.

BTW I don't really care for either team. I think that Pittsburgh has a lot on their side (been there before and good defense). Arizona has that Cinderella thing going. Didn't they just barely sneak into the playoffs on the last day of regular season?

Of course the Cards pissed me off by beating my Falcons in the first game of the playoffs but they do have that NFC thing going for them.

So between skill and ka, I pick ka and take the Cardinals 23-17.

Chad

The Bigfella
01-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I'm backing the Aussie. Go the Cardinals.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
01-31-2009, 12:03 AM
I wonder if old Jim Hart is still alive to see this?
Played for the Cardinals for almost 20 years at Quarterback.

The Steelers always show up ready to play.
Cardinals are the oldest team in the league.

I'm for the dragon slayers!

Rigadog
01-31-2009, 10:10 AM
Anyone going to watch the game? What's the latest spread?

I still can't believe the Cards are going to the Big Dance. Out here, we're all wondering which team got on the plane to Tampa - the good guys or their bumbling twins.

Rigadog, you pullin' for the Red Birds? :razz:

I actually like the way they play, fun to watch and Fitz is a Phenom, but no I am rooting for the Black and Gold. GO STEELERS!!!!